[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did anyone else get "NGS hack detected" banned

Comments

• PrissyPrissyPrissyPrissy
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2017
    Here to address this for you @Arwoo , they are doing a known glitch and getting themselves banned, they are calling it "nothing".
  • UltimaxexonUltimaxexon
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    Skogul wrote: »
    THERE IS NOTHING in code of conduct that says you cant have any thrid party program running as long as it does not interfere with maplestory so yes you can have discord spoitfy or anything as long as it does not affect maplestory.

All of this is irrelevant if the autoban system is running rampant indiscriminately.

Anyways, Arwoo addressed autobans on the Livestream just now and said there should be an official response today about the issue. I really hope so, as I'd like to play for the rest of the weekend without fearing for my account.

I hope @arwoo would look into every single false NGS hack detected perm ban too including myself and other that been ban
  • MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2017
    hey, i got banned 2 days ago, i appeal, and i got unbanned yesterday
    did i use autohotkey ? hell yes

there are people who didnt use autohotkey that get banned, but still not unbanned until now
    there are people who use autohotkey that get banned, but already got unbanned

so what are you exactly trying to do here nexon ?

to make sure, i made a new account, login and use my autohotkey for blaster no reload combo, guess what ? i didnt get banned this time, the ban is triggered by something else, something "unknown",10/10 spooky

in conclusion : you can get banned by whatever that "unknown" trigger in autoban system, meaning you can get banned by doing absolutely nothing.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    So, what I'm getting here is the auto ban system shouldn't be able to permanently ban players. It's been proven that it doesn't work well enough to be given that much power. If it detects something it doesn't like it should just prevent the game from launching or something like that. Much less headache for everyone that way. Seriously, the auto ban going rogue like this is not acceptable. Legit players shouldn't have to worry about getting permanently banned for no reason. This needs to stop.
    CatoooloooSherriPleinaircarmenpop22
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited December 2017
    THERE IS NOTHING in code of conduct that says you cant have any thrid party program running as long as it does not interfere with maplestory so yes you can have discord spoitfy or anything as long as it does not affect maplestory.

All of this is irrelevant if the autoban system is running rampant indiscriminately.

Anyways, Arwoo addressed autobans on the Livestream just now and said there should be an official response today about the issue. I really hope so, as I'd like to play for the rest of the weekend without fearing for my account.

In regards to the investigations, I made a post here of potential causes: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/65332/#Comment_65332

I highly recommend triple checking to see if any of these types of programs are running in the back even if it doesn't coincide with MapleStory. Apologies guys, but it seems the messaging will be tied in with the producer letter on Monday so until then, please refer to the post above.

Thanks!
    darikcarmenpop22
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    so we can't just get unbanned and have the producer response letter later, we have to miss all the events going on right now till monday and even then we don't know the status of our unjustified bans? Kthx

If the producer doesn't have anything good to say about the bans being lifted, then this is probably the last you will see of me.

Perm bans need to be removed from your autobanning program, the program clearly can't detect hacks well and is too sensitive to either outside programs or its self, there's no reason it should have the power to effectively kill your account due to your autoban bot having flaws. Perm bans should remain strictly to those "24/7 GM patrols" Nexon says they have to ensure that the person banned is indeed hacking.
    SherriNeoxuscarmenpop22
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited December 2017
    Oh boy I can't wait to be told my account was found to be in severe violation because you're autobanning system has the power to autoban. Also your devs shouldn't tell you that you like to give hackers "give an abusive player the benefit of the doubt that they had a moment of weakness when it comes to their decision making when deciding to use third party hacking tools. " Please tell the devs to retract this statement because it's **** bullshit.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    The system they are using should probably at most flag account for further review, building a case against the player and perhaps even taking snapshots of the player's activities when it detects hacking. The system could notify GMs to come take a look at a player or talk to them (Nexon needs to figure out how to get around the player/gm detection thing hackers have) and then either warn or ban the player. Then implement the 3 strike rule for permanent bans.
    SherriCatooolooocarmenpop22
  • UltimaxexonUltimaxexon
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

In regards to the investigations, I made a post here of potential causes: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/65332/#Comment_65332

I highly recommend triple checking to see if any of these types of programs are running in the back even if it doesn't coincide with MapleStory. Apologies guys, but it seems the messaging will be tied in with the producer letter on Monday so until then, please refer to the post above.

Thanks!

Does this involve in-game macro(under skill tab)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    third party programs dont necessarily just include hacking tools, it can include programs that arent licensed or official like say if you play yugioh (devpro ygopro) etc or stuff like emulators, (and have them running)
  • KweoKweo
    Reactions: 1,035
    edited December 2017
    A problem I have with the whole macro issue is that these automatic permaban system appears to just scan your system for a 'unauthorized third party program' (as put by the EULA) and perma-ban you on the spot upon detection - without actually checking if any abuse occurred in the game (remember when GM's used to go around checking if ppl were abusing macroing?). People do in fact use macros for non-maple programs, yet they must go through the appeal process and get a ban on their record if they accidentally happen to have it open while running the game?

Macroing in Maple has always been against the rules and its clearly stated in the Code of Conduct. There's no disputing this; everyone knows it. However macro programs are not maplestory hack programs. Detection of someone running a macro program is not a smoking gun like detecting a maplestory hack program. Macros are also often bundled with many gaming peripherals, so many people may possess and run macro programs without even being aware of them.
    Sherricarmenpop22
  • DingerDinger
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    Was banned on my main account after receiving 2 NGS warnings on the November 16th maintenance. And while I do keep autohotkey on my computer for FL Studio shortcuts, It is always
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    So, if I don't have any macro programs whatsoever am I safe? I'd really like to play today. . .
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I didnt got banned, I also dont use that hotkey thing but got ngs after google chrome opened for no reason and caused me to fail in fritto portal.

It seems to be affected by inputs.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    :o

In the Past Xfire and Raptr conflicted with many online games causing crashes or worse.

Sad to see this may be the case again but with a lot of other programs related to online gaming / socializing be it Twitch, OBS, Evolve, Discord, and various other programs, so I think it would be best to close everything that you need to "alt-tab" on and play without a game controller.

Game Controllers (Ex Joy Key), Steam Controller, etc can also cause false positives as a "macro program" for whatever reason.

I am plagued by the blank "ok" bug atm so I can't test theory only posting about what I experienced in the past.

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Glirotus wrote: »

In the Past Xfire and Raptr conflicted with many online games causing crashes or worse.

Sad to see this may be the case again but with a lot of other programs related to online gaming / socializing be it Twitch, OBS, Evolve, Discord, and various other programs, so I think it would be best to close everything that you need to "alt-tab" on and play without a game controller.

Game Controllers (Ex Joy Key), Steam Controller, etc can also cause false positives as a "macro program" for whatever reason.

I am plagued by the blank "ok" bug atm so I can't test theory only posting about what I experienced in the past.

nexon launcher i presume
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    I assume the issue is that "Something" running in the background that the anti hack doesnt like will cause the ban, and the bigger issue is that the "something" could be anything because it doesn't have to be anything trying to hook, cheat or interfere with maple.

I still dont know what program caused the anti-hack to ban me but the Custumer service and live chat GM's aren't willing to be of any help and are just completely useless for an issue that demands some severely good customer service.

However, if that is the case that it's just detecting **** in the background it doesn't like, that doesn't mean you should be banned, it means that maybe your account should be flagged for GMs to check out or watch but not just outright banned.
    Sherricarmenpop22
  • KweoKweo
    Reactions: 1,035
    edited December 2017
    Glirotus wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6q9xk0/how_do_i_fix_this_error/
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    :)

That is a temporary fix, did it once a while ago. It fixed it for a while but eventually it reverted back to the blank "ok" screen. I now switched over to Steam and it works!!

Yay!! F2

Back on topic: I agree the NGS system can be finicky (XTRAP is way worse and way more finicky) on the background processes, but to be safe don't hang on the alt-tab for too long. I alt-tabbed to switch to my media player for like less than 2 seconds, luckily my media player (Aimp3) is safe. I did it without thinking lol

I heard people are having issues with Switching between Spotify and Google. Which is odd because they have nothing to do online client side games. *shrugs*

:)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    It's monday and so far... nothing... even though it's been nearly a full business day for nexon. Wonderful producer letter guys..