[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did anyone else get "NGS hack detected" banned

Comments

• TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited December 2017
    So how about that letter :^)
  • UltimaxexonUltimaxexon
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    Well I'm done, Eat **** Nexon.

Your recent update to the anti- hack bans people indiscriminately for background processes and you choose to stand by it and the decisions it makes.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Your recent update to the anti- hack bans people indiscriminately for background processes and you choose to stand by it and the decisions it makes.

Surprised they didnt hear you out.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Surprised they didnt hear you out.

I'm surprised they think that they have perfected their ban bot simply because "hey we got more bans this time"

nevermind the impossibility of having hacks the day of a new patch, which is when a majority of the bans took place including mine.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Yeaaah.. that letter.. why are companies always so vague and beat around the bush?
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    What is up with that letter? Am I ever going to be able to play again without fear of being banned for no reason?
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    If you don't use third party programs such as auto hotkey, macro programs, or botting tools, then you have nothing to worry about.

Finally action against macro users.

Those cheaters should get banned or at least get removed from ranking.
    edited December 2017
    July wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    If you don't use third party programs such as auto hotkey, macro programs, or botting tools, then you have nothing to worry about.

Finally action against macro users.

Those cheaters should get banned or at least get removed from ranking.

I dunno, some people claim to be getting banned even without that stuff. . .
    Sherricarmenpop22
  • zero252zero252
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    Banned while trying to login to the game. Well i play on my working pc at lunch break so there are many software running like c4d after effect, illustrator...
    edited December 2017
    Finally got sick of waiting and logged in today. Saw botters doing their thing like always. Whatever changes they made to the hack detection, it sure isn't catching them. :/
    Sherricarmenpop22
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    Finally got sick of waiting and logged in today. Saw botters doing their thing like always. Whatever changes they made to the hack detection, it sure isn't catching them. :/

I knew that without even being able to log in.

all their change did was increase bans on innocent people, they then took those numbers as a sign something was working when in fact, the opposite is true.
    Sherricarmenpop22
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    It is not illegal to scanning players computers as long it is still an actions related to the game or to guarantee product quality / game quality for players. It is similar to antivirus software or some troubleshoooting software or when we are updating any software, all of them will scan our computers before it does any actions. Those are actions to make sure that the software can run as intended as it is. Otherwise all those antivirus or any other sotfware that requires computer scanning would have been courted since a long time ago. Though Nexon have to mention it on their policy to make it clear for players that Maplestory will do course of actions (scanning) to ensure every users can get the best quality of the games and nothing interfere when the program/application is running. What is illegal is if they change/modify other applications, because it is others property. If you don't like the way Nexon scanning your computers or doesn't want them to check your computers, it is simple, just don't play the game. it won't. Uninstall it ^^. It is how software works.

If Nexon want to be more sure and avoid any legal issues, everytime players login in, just make them tick or agree to let players scan their computers. If they doesn't agree, then the Maplestory applications will shutdown by itself. Similar to when we are trying to install any program, they will ask us to follow the policy of the company, otherwise the installation will be cancelled. As long as it is under users/owners permission, it should be legal.

None of the people i know in reboot so far getting banned. So probably the best course is for Nexon to read players account individually on what caused the ban.

I still strongly suggesting that maplestory use Video Recording as another way for Ban appeal. Probably Nexon can test it first. Like, reccomend players to do Video Recording for ban Appeal. It is not a must, but reccomended to do it and send via Tickets. If there are so many players who do VIdeo Recording and appeal for the same ban trouble, then you will know there might be some trouble. Coz players can make as many accounts as they want, can hide under annonymous, but the face is real. It is the real idenitity. They can't mask their face. If maplestory applies this, sooner or later, they can do actions regarding ban appeal a lot more easier and can make a better solution. Instead of because so many annnonymous accounts on other websites or on Maplestory forum, suddenly reporting auto ban, while Nexon still can't be sure which report is legit and which are not legit. Obviously, some of the reports are true. But some might be not.
  • siriussirius
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    I went as far as making a clean account on my computer to try and play Maplestory (so that it wouldn't have access to AutoHotKey) and I still got perma banned for """""hacking""""", despite not using any 3rd party software even remotely related to Maplestory. I made a new character and I barely got it to level 2 before I was permabanned for something that seems to be beyond my control. Unless Maplestory thinks my WinampMediaKeys program is hacking software, I'm at a complete loss as to what I was banned for. Because after being dced the first time for using AHK, I shut that down
  • DarkonslayerXDDarkonslayerXD
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2017
    I got this happen to me too there's a whole reddit post about this ! https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/7hfdkz/permanently_banned_1232018_928_pm_pst/

Nexon hit me me with that ban and made me waste 2 hours on the line waiting for them in live chat. I don't even have any level 200 characters I've been playing for 5 years and this is how they treat their loyal fanbase??

Man I made a new account a
  • lodwyvernlodwyvern
    Reactions: 1,960
    edited December 2017
    sirius wrote: »
    I went as far as making a clean account on my computer to try and play Maplestory (so that it wouldn't have access to AutoHotKey) and I still got perma banned for """""hacking""""", despite not using any 3rd party software even remotely related to Maplestory. I made a new character and I barely got it to level 2 before I was permabanned for something that seems to be beyond my control. Unless Maplestory thinks my WinampMediaKeys program is hacking software, I'm at a complete loss as to what I was banned for. Because after being dced the first time for using AHK, I shut that down

I tried playing on a fresh account on both of my laptops and didn’t trip autoban again. No hacking/botting software, no autohotkey, before or after. I still don’t get why I was banned in the first place. Nexon won’t say anything, support isn’t capable of helping me, so I’m just out of luck until some miracle happens or someone actually does their job.
    Catooolooocarmenpop22
  • PeyPey
    Reactions: 400
    I just got this message, i dont believe anything 3rd party is running besides maybe stuff my dad added into hos computer for karaoke.. like realtek hd audio manager andsynapticd pointings device... but i just started playing again yrsterday, and now i cant play it looks like... yeah man im lvl 36 after a day on reboot and im hacking.. thats bullpoo, i do no such thing... idk of the game is gonna let me login.