[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Killed an elite monster no super nova prize

XPbrbpeebreakXPXPbrbpeebreakXP
Reactions: 410
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
It said to kill an elite monster to get prize. Went to a field and killed normal monsters until and elite monster showed up and killed it. Still can't claim the super nova prize. Why?

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2017
    That's because it has to be an Elite Boss =)

zLuwZyz.jpg

Please follow the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines when posting in this section :)

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6845/maplestory-bug-reporting-guidelines#latest
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    The Super Nova event requires killing an Elite Boss, not an Elite monster.

Elite monsters are the giant version of the normal monster in the map, and they appear among the normal monsters.
    Elite bosses are shadowy black things, and when they spawn, all other mobs on the map disappear, except for two elite monsters that accompany the boss.
  • XPbrbpeebreakXPXPbrbpeebreakXP
    edited December 2017
    Thanks guys. I spent hours on a map and killed 5 elite monsters and still no elite boss monster. Maybe it was a mistake to make this one of the requirements for a box?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Thanks guys. I spent hours on a map and killed 5 elite monsters and still no elite boss monster. Maybe it was a mistake to make this one of the requirements for a box?

Nope, it's been like this the other 3/4 times they did this event. No mistake. Only the dedicated deserve the better prizes.

If it takes you "hours" to summon just 5 elite mobs, maybe you should change to a map where you can kill them faster.
    edited December 2017
    OK what maps produce the elite bosses faster?
    edited December 2017
    Not true Yin Yang there are plenty of dedicated players that don't find elite bosses that deserve to get it. I think it has less to do with dedication and more with luck and that doesn't make you any better than other players.
    satalite
  • satalitesatalite
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2017
    OK what maps produce the elite bosses faster?

just copying off the strategy wiki:
    Golem Temple (Level 10-25)
    Evil/Cursed Eyes (Level 10-25)
    Gold Beach (Level 30-45)
    Silent Swamp (Level 50-76)
    Stairway to the Skies I (Level 60-80)
    Sahel 2 (Level 70-99)
    Roids in Magatia (Level 80-105)
    Toy Factory <Apparatus Room> in Ludibrium (Level 100-123)
    Dragon Forests in Leafre (Level 110-135)
    Entrance to Black Mountain in Korean Folk Town (Level 115-140)
    Kerning Tower (Level 145-164)
    Kritias (Level 180+, clear the prequests first)
    Twilight Perion (Level 190+)
    Scrapyard/Corrupted Tree (Level 190+)
    Arcane River (Level 200+)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Not true Yin Yang there are plenty of dedicated players that don't find elite bosses that deserve to get it. I think it has less to do with dedication and more with luck and that doesn't make you any better than other players.

If this event was based on luck as much as you act like it is, then a lot less people would be getting the tier 4 reward. Maybe it's because this is your first time with the event, but the other 3/4 times they had this event, the vast majority of the people got the Tier4 reward, which I don't think you can do without doing the 3rd task for most of the event time. So that either means you don't need that much luck or the vast majority was "dedicated" enough to find Elite Bosses one way or another.

Pretty sure if someone is "luckier" than someone else, they can be considered to be "better" in the sense that they have an advantage, which is luck.

But hey, you're free to think how ever you want. Don't think they're going to change the Elite Boss task, and don't think most people are going to be as concerned about it as you are.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Google it. There are some guides how to spawn elite boss. It is actually not that hard if you know how. There are several ways to do it. Ask other players and learn from others. Long time ago i was thinking that this event was impossible. But after i learn from others, it is now a lot more easier.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Google it. There are some guides how to spawn elite boss. It is actually not that hard if you know how. There are several ways to do it. Ask other players and learn from others. Long time ago i was thinking that this event was impossible. But after i learn from others, it is now a lot more easier.

^Find a Guild + Alliance, more eyes = more chances. Also use the smega you get from one of the boxes to say you're looking for dark maps/bosses.
    PLENTY of ways to get an Elite Boss kill if you're DEDICATED enough. >.>