[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

~Replace the Style boxes, with Royal Maple Style~

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Royal Maple Style Coupoun is a 2,200 NX Perm NX items , like a style box but better listen why....

Premium Surprise Style boxes have over 100 different item that are Mostly Junk and have no stats/set effects.

Royal Maple Style Coupons on the other hand has only good looking Perm NX items ( not a big selection but that's the great part about it )

Now Premium Surprise Style boxes cost 3,400 and have over100 items that are mostly junk.

Royal Maple Style costs 2,200 NX and have NO junk items at all + the items come with a set effect if you equip them together that grants for ex: +3 All stats and 3/5 M.Att/W.Att
(Now royal maple style, has no junk items at all in it and a set effect to boot ) ( i know NX = More Power, but from a logical standpoint, if your'e gonna spend money might as well get the most out of it, + it's only such a small boost 3 all stats and 3/5 Att won't make a huge difference even for the most funded players. )

*And don't forget that everyone in MapleStory can get his hands on this "Powerful Items" ( also because it has more valuable items and no junk in it so more % chance to get it, and you only get the set effect if you equip the entire set. ( individual items don't have stats on them, only set effects )

SYqx4l8.png

hZdF8d5.png

Current Royal Maple Style Rotation

PS. Royal Maple Style updates every month same as our current Premium Surprise Style boxes.

PPS. our Premium/Normal Surprise Style Boxes comes from JMS ( which has a TON of other junk like this ), the Royal Maple Style comes from KMS and is currently used in : KMS/CMS/TMS/THMS/MapleSEA. aka; Royal Maple Style is the "Official Perm NX"

i don't know about you, but i'd rather spend 2.2$ for a 100% Chance to get at least 1 item that i desire and have a set effect with that, then to spend Gamble 3.4$
from a selection off over 100 items, which mostly consists of Junk Items, don't get me wrong you also Will gamble money on royal maple style but it doesn't have any Junk Items at all! :)

so while you can get the same item twice, at least it's a desirable item that you can resell, or equip on a mule/2nd main.

In Short : Replace our current Premium Surprise Style Boxes with Royal Maple Style Coupons.

( you would still get tons of money nexon, but people won't feel like they spend over 100$ just to get junk items. ( it's all only the items are desirable )

*Sorry for the overuse of italics, i used that to emphasises

*Edit: Added the Official KMS Price ( KMS and GMS prices are the same as: 1,000 Won = 1$, that's why 1K NX = 1$ ( it's 1,000 Korean Won)

Also some items to get them you have to put whatever items you'd like to reroll for them in a sewing machine ( the pink one gives out tradeable items, and the purple one gives untradeable, but it costs less )
(i also Strongly suggest implementing Perm NX ( insted of our 90 Day NX in the cash shop, KMS has only Perm NX )

This is the Sewing Machines: ZyDPqvD.png

mRcy6zT.png CELQKYS.png
Current Masterpiece Sewing Machine Rotation

Here's a video that demonstrates how to use the masterpiece sewing machine:
(Skip to: 33:33)
PS. the +50 stats that he got on the Master Label shoes ( the shoes with the blue M Stamp ) the stats were: +50 Speed, and +50 Jump, so it's possible to even get defense.

Here's 1 set that you can get from the sewing maching in KMS, called The Master Blood: giphy.gif
And other sets such as: Lucid set, Shadow warrior, and Gothic boy/girl ( the death's scythe set )

*You get the set by putting 2 Speciel Label Perm nx into a sewing machine, then you can either get the same items but with better stats, or a Master label items which has even more stats; Like the Master Blood set ( which is a Master Label Tier )

* Speciel label items and Master Label items have a set effect which can give up to 15 all stat and 10 att/m.att upon wearing the entire set pieces
* and also has temporary stats that last for 90 days, but the equpi itself is permanent.

For example here is the Master blood set in KMS, in a Master Label Tier:
it87ZK8.png
and here's the same set in it's reboot version:
MNjM5Pi.png
( so regular servers would get the master label version which has a set effect and temporary stats for 90 days ,90 days stats, equip is permanent, and reboot would get the item without stats, and without a set effect )

*BTW: the last option on the set effect is either: a Mount,or a chair.

Here's the prize for getting all the set pieces, it's either a chair or a mount, i'm not sure:
AfhqZdZ.png

And for anyone who's worried about everyone in GMS looking the same becuase nx have set effects, don't be, look at KMS, No one looks a like there, and they have NX with set effects and ( 90 days stats )

Buying a Royal Maple style coupon with a pink sewing machine = 4,100 NX ( 4.1$) , you can get the purple one for 900 NX, but it gives untradeable items,both of the sewing machines has a chance to either give: Red,Black,Master Label ( by putting 2 speciel label items in the sewing machine,which are obtained from the royal maple style coupon)

Master Label Items ( yes with a set effect that gives stats, i think it's a fair trade between the players and nexon, we get perm nx in the cash shop, and less junk items,and nexon get money from us, rerolling, or just buying a sewing machine to put 2 Speciel Label items for a chance to get: Red,Black,Master Label Items )

*EDIT: I would like to combine the items from both the Royal Maple Style Coupon & The Masterpiece Sewing Machine ( into a single Royal Maple Style coupon with less, but better looking items in it's pool )
Read Daxterbeer's and my comment's on the second page for further info.
LightningSparkMrCardsLightRodLynniekins
  1. Should GMS Replace Premium Surprise Style Boxes with Maple Royal Style Coupons ?24 votes
    1. Yes, it has no junk in it and it adds a small stat boost ( really small )
       46% (11 votes)
    2. No
       17% (4 votes)
    3. Why not both ? ( Keep our style boxes and implement Maple Royal Style )
       38% (9 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I object to cash covers with stats, and especially with set effects.
    Not because of p2w.

The whole purpose of cash equipment covers is to let you have whatever appearance you want, regardless of what you wear for stats.
    Everybody "has" to wear CRA/Tyrant/SW/Gollux, but with cash covers they can look like a princess or biker or ghost or schoolboy or whatever else they fancy.

But if cash covers had stats, then everyone would once again "have" to wear the optimal set for the optimal stats, and everyone would look alike.

Also, who decides what's "junk" in cosmetic equipment? I'm sure not everybody likes everything in the "Royal Style" boxes, either.
    ArgentShadEightHHG1SlicedTimeSunsetChaos
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I object to cash covers with stats, and especially with set effects.
    Not because of p2w.

The whole purpose of cash equipment covers is to let you have whatever appearance you want, regardless of what you wear for stats.
    Everybody "has" to wear CRA/Tyrant/SW/Gollux, but with cash covers they can look like a princess or biker or ghost or schoolboy or whatever else they fancy.

But if cash covers had stats, then everyone would once again "have" to wear the optimal set for the optimal stats, and everyone would look alike.

Also, who decides what's "junk" in cosmetic equipment? I'm sure not everybody likes everything in the "Royal Style" boxes, either.

But that's excatly it. the Royal Style Coupons only contains the Good Items, all the stuff you either preview on the website, or sell for absurd amounts of money. without all the unnecessary Trash[/] that comes from the style boxes.

*The royal style coupon only has the good sets and no extras ( so more chances to get what you want)

the style box has over 100 items, which again mostly consists of junk[/]
    what i mean by the "good sets" is only the hottest items. for ex: The gothic set with a death's scythe combo.

instead of some Junk perm nx that sells for like 150m.

or here's another example the Starlit set.
  • LightningSparkLightningSpark
    Reactions: 575
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm, if it has less junk in it and i need to spend less money to obtain the items that i want, then i'm all in for it.
    you say kms has it right? so why gms doesn't have it, why doe's gms always get the worst option from all the other regions everytime, and just skips the better options? i hope that we could some how make gms better.

and for nexon to stop skimping on us.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm, if it has less junk in it and i need to spend less money to obtain the items that i want, then i'm all in for it.
    you say kms has it right? so why gms doesn't have it, why doe's gms always get the worst option from all the other regions everytime, and just skips the better options? i hope that we could some how make gms better.

and for nexon to stop skimping on us.

Strictly speaking unlike the 64-bit cash shop UI that KMS has, it's not "better" per se.
    As AKradian pointed out, "junk" items are relative; some players happen to like certain items you may not like and vice versa, and adding the KMS item doesn't necessarily guarantee that you'll enjoy the items that are put in there.
    I can also see the pay-to-win argument; many users have expressed opinions that cash items should be decorative only, and provide no stat boost. This royal style box, for example, could never be on Reboot (and the argument that the stat items are better does not apply to Reboot).

But if this is what players prefer I can pass it along.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    I just wish they would sell new cash sets in...well sets. Skip the RNG and Ill pay the extra 10k (going off of past sets pricing)
  • GalvarGalvar
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I just wish they would sell new cash sets in...well sets. Skip the RNG and Ill pay the extra 10k (going off of past sets pricing)

I would love to see NX sets in actual packages as well, even if you have to pay a little extra for the package. But, please make them available to all servers NOT just Reboot. The trend of making New packages Reboot exclusive in the past, has proven unpopular because it is unfair and makes absolutely no sense from a user stand point or market stand point.
    But, any who, in terms of the given topic, I am actually in support of the Maple Royal Style coupon because it makes getting items easier since you have less items to draw from. With a hundred items to draw from in the current premium surprise style box,.the odds of getting something you want is VERY low, since the box can repeat the same item multiple times. On the other hand the Maple style coupon would allow you to get certain items easier as the item pool it can draw from is much smaller..(think the Attack on Titan or Sword Art Online surprise boxes, for an example of what I am getting at).
    Plus, users still can exchange the items for stamps or sell the undesired items on the market since the thing can still give you duplicates. Thus, making the prices on the items cheaper, (besides the "desirable" items whatever they maybe) because their are a lot less items for the box to draw on.

However, in order to address the current issue with the Maple Royal Style coupon, Nexon can simply just give us the items in each month's Royal Style Coupon without the stats,(they already have to get rid of the items stats for the items any who, when they put the sets in the Premium Surprise Style box, so it makes no difference if the sets are put in the form of a Surprise Style Coupon.) As for the chair that is a prize for collecting the set, simply put it in the Gachapon where the other chairs are placed, and give Reboot the option of a chair box, or buying the thing straight up.

All and all with modifications, I believe that the Maple Style Coupon would be a better alternative to the current Premium Surprise Style Box.
    PetalmagicCaughtByLove
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Galvar wrote: »

I would love to see NX sets in actual packages as well, even if you have to pay a little extra for the package. But, please make them available to all servers NOT just Reboot. The trend of making New packages Reboot exclusive in the past, has proven unpopular because it is unfair and makes absolutely no sense from a user stand point or market stand point.
    But, any who, in terms of the given topic, I am actually in support of the Maple Royal Style coupon because it makes getting items easier since you have less items to draw from. With a hundred items to draw from in the current premium surprise style box,.the odds of getting something you want is VERY low, since the box can repeat the same item multiple times. On the other hand the Maple style coupon would allow you to get certain items easier as the item pool it can draw from is much smaller..(think the Attack on Titan or Sword Art Online surprise boxes, for an example of what I am getting at).
    Plus, users still can exchange the items for stamps or sell the undesired items on the market since the thing can still give you duplicates. Thus, making the prices on the items cheaper, (besides the "desirable" items whatever they maybe) because their are a lot less items for the box to draw on.

However, in order to address the current issue with the Maple Royal Style coupon, Nexon can simply just give us the items in each month's Royal Style Coupon without the stats,(they already have to get rid of the items stats for the items any who, when they put the sets in the Premium Surprise Style box, so it makes no difference if the sets are put in the form of a Surprise Style Coupon.) As for the chair that is a prize for collecting the set, simply put it in the Gachapon where the other chairs are placed, and give Reboot the option of a chair box, or buying the thing straight up.

All and all with modifications, I believe that the Maple Style Coupon would be a better alternative to the current Premium Surprise Style Box.

I agree with what you said, besides; getting rid of the stats.
    ( in my opinion, if you spend money you should get the most out of it, and it's a small boost, not some 10K stats )

and i'd heavily disagree about putting the chair in the gachapon, if it comes as a prize from obtaining the full set, then i prefer that over spending more on a yet another rng source.

I want this; Maple Royal Style To be exactly the same as in KMS, including the stats and the chair prize.
    ( if the chair comes from obtaining the full set then Don't remove it.

*Plus as i said before, everyone can obtain the Stats and it's not a huge boost.

To AKradian; you don't Have to wear the items to get the set effect if you don't want to. ( No one's Forcing you to wear the full set )
    i do get your point though.

*i'd rather have an option to choose to gain stats from a cash item set effect, then to not have an option at all.

And i'm against P2W!, but this is Not exactly P2W ,because everyone can obtain the full set and get the stat bonus from the set effect.
    ( you can Always just grab the set from the auction house or the fm )
    Unlike ceratin other P2W items...

+ The stat boost is so small that it won't make such a huge difference, it won't make someone go from 5K>15K Stat. (it's about +3 All stats and +5 Attack/Magic Attack)
    AKA; not Game Breaking, and you only get the stats if you wear The full set.

All in all : i'd rather have them keep the Maple Royal Style coupon exactly the same as it it is in KMS right now.
    ( in my opinion you get a nice return for spending your money )

Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Added: the Correct pricing for the royal maple style coupon, and the part about sewing machines.

*you can put speciel label perm nx items into the sewing machine to recycle it into a new perm nx, possibly from the new sets.

Example: you buy the royal style coupon, get a speciel label item, then you buy a sewing machine, double click it and drag to a speciel label item, then you place another ( 2 in total ), for a chance to get either, the same items with better stats ( the stats only last for 90 days, but the items are perm), or to get the Master item.

the ranks go like this: Speciel,Red,Black,Master ( Lables )
    Speciel only has a set effect, think of it as an empty vessel ( you then recycle 2 empty vessels, for a chance to get a better vessel, or a newer one) Red and black are the exact same items that are the speciel, but have stats that lasts 90 days ( more stats for a higher rank )

or, to get the newest set wich is called: Master label ( has the highest amount of stats for 90 days ) and also has a set effect
    and as you can expect it comes from the sewing machine at a lower %chance.

*The stats on Reb,Black,Master Label items lasts only for 90 days, the item itselef is a permanent duration
    *the stats that come on the label items, even on a master grade, are random,they can range between 15 all stats, 30 attack/magic attack, or even defense or hp, and the stats themselves only last for 90 days ( after 90 days the item remains, but the stats vanish)

i know it's a grey area for GMS: Perm NX with stats, but i think it's not too bad, we get our sets like the lucid set, and so many more that we missed because we used a different system then kms, and we get Perm nx to replace our 90 days rentals from the Cash shop itself, and nexon get money, from us buying the royal maple style coupons, and sewing the items to get better stats ( for 90 days ) or different item.

all in all: it's 2.2K NX for Maple royal style, and 1.9k for a sewing machine, you can get a cheaper one for 900nx ( with a lower %for better items ), i think this systems could work in gms, as they are very successful in KMS.

To recap: the Speciel Label item on has a set effect, and the Red/Black/Master ( has a set effect ) and come with random stats that lasts for 90 days, but the equip itself is permanent.

Also: a nice thing, we could just buy 2 speciel label items from other player, to *Sew* them into better or newer items
    and i think if we could trade All cash items, then we could spend 0 NX ( well someone has to ) and just buy it off the auction house
    in KMS people sell everything from the cash shop in the auction house, including; Red/Black cubes, royal maple/hair/all stars coupons,sewing machines, etc, so i think this suggestion, should be taken seriously: because i want to improve *everones maple lives*
    by making *ALL Cash Item Tradeable between player*

Please Nexon Hear us, listen to us, Make *ALL Cash Items Tradeable between players, and revert the craftable cubes to be tradeable once again
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    Added: the Correct pricing for the royal maple style coupon, and the part about sewing machines.

*you can put Any perm nx item into the sewing machine to recycle it into a new perm nx, possibly from the new sets.

Can you please provide an example? When you say recycle, will be like extracting my NX equipment into crystals or will it be like the sewing machine is like a cube?
  • MrCardsMrCards
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2017
    Wow, this looks Amazing! why didn't we get it yet?
    how many maintenances did we have since this suggestion was brought up?

Nexon; bring this over to gms, we need it, we want it !
    PS. that master blood whatever, looks absolutely freaking amazing <3 <3 <3
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2017
    Remove the stat effect and we're good
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    -heard something about Lucid set- If I can get guaranteed Lucid set Im in.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    -heard something about Lucid set- If I can get guaranteed Lucid set Im in.

You can whenever the lucid set would be available from the Royal Maple Style Rotation, and so many more good looking sets ;)
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Remove the stat effect and we're good

I'd like them to keep the stats, and it's not as bad as you think, and it we'll create a market.
    ( also the stats are only for 90 days, the set effect is permanent, and at most it gives 15 all stats and 10 att/m.att with full set pieces equpied ) Reboot Royal maple style nx won't have stats of course.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited December 2017
    From what I just read, I really like the idea of the master set system. I used to open premium surprise boxes, but I do not think it is worth it anymore because many of the pieces are hard to use or hard to sell, and I end up using them to trade for stamps. Even with the stamps, it takes months for them to update the stamps shop. My friends and I discussed this and we agreed that if the premium style boxes were cheaper, say 22k for a pack of 11, we would be more inclined to open them. It is very discouraging to spend so much trying for 1-2 items when there are 100 items in the boxes. I am surprised we got the premium surprise boxes when other versions got this system.

I do have concerns with it having stats because I had played games in the past where the cash covers also have stats, but some cash covers had higher stats than others, which led to everyone wearing the same sets. I agree with people saying remove the stats from these sets.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    From what I just read, I really like the idea of the master set system. I used to open premium surprise boxes, but I do not think it is worth it anymore because many of the pieces are hard to use or hard to sell, and I end up using them to trade for stamps. Even with the stamps, it takes months for them to update the stamps shop. My friends and I discussed this and we agreed that if the premium style boxes were cheaper, say 22k for a pack of 11, we would be more inclined to open them. It is very discouraging to spend so much trying for 1-2 items when there are 100 items in the boxes. I am surprised we got the premium surprise boxes when other versions got this system.

I do have concerns with it having stats because I had played games in the past where the cash covers also have stats, but some cash covers had higher stats than others, which led to everyone wearing the same sets. I agree with people saying remove the stats from these sets.

This Premium Surprise style boxes are brought over from JMS ( that's the only other region that doesn't have royal maple style as well)
    for the stats argument, it's not that high: Speciel Label NX have a set effect that gives: +5 All Stats and +3 Attack/Magic Attack when the full set pieces are worn.
    now for the Master Label set effect it gives: +5 All Stats and +3 Attack/Magic Attack for 3 set pieces, for wearing 7 set pieces you get an Additional +10 All Stats and +7 Attack/Magic Attack, and a nice Chair or Mount ( Depends on the set )

So for Speciel Label the max set effect stats are: +5 All Stats and +3 Attack/Magic Attack
    for Master Label the max set effect stats are: 15 All Stats and +10 Att/Magic Attack.

As for stats on the NX item themselves, as i have already mentioned only Label items are able to get stats ( stats that last for 90 days )
    Speciel Label items only have a set effect, stats are only given to: Red Label,Black Label,Master Label ( it can go as high as 30 Attack/Magic Attack, and 30 all Stats )

Now how do you get said Label items?, it's easy:
    1.All you have to do is purchase a Royal Maple style coupon, and get 2 Speciel Label items from the coupon or purchase from another player

2.Purchase 1 Masterpiece sewing machine from either; The cash shop or from other players

3.Double click the sewing machine in your "cash tab", and drag the sewing machine onto 1 speciel label item

4.When the Ui for the sewing machine appear,drag another speciel label item then click OK

5.Now you have a Chance to either get: A Red,Black,Master Lable item ( Master Label are separate items ), While Red and Black Label are the same or different Speciel Label Item but with ( Stats that last for 90 Days )

PS. If you combine 2 Red, or Black Label items in the sewing mahcine you have a higher chance to get the: Master Label items.

To recap: only the set effects are permanent, the stats expire after 90 days,and the NX Equips themselves are also permanent regardless if they have stats or not.

PPS. I don't think that even if we'll get the Label items with the set effect and 90 days stats, that everyone would look alike, because there's a wide selection of NX items to choose from, just look at KMS ( not a single players looks a like, despite nx items having set effects )

as i said before: the stats that are given: only last for 90 days, after 90 days you keep the same equips but without the stats,
    only the set effect remains. ( so let's say you had a Master Label item with +30 attack, and +15 all stats, after 90 days the stats would be removed, and only the set effect that gives +15 all stats and +10 attack upon wearing all the set pieces would remain.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    I really don't care about the set effects, but il ike a smaller pool of items to draw from...alongside it having a much better chance at getting what I WANT (like the damn Lucid set...and I can't buy it cuz I play Reboot)
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2017
    I really dislike the idea of having stats on CS items, since if just some items have them, the other items become objectively worse. Say you have a cool CS hat with no stats, and a less cool hat with +3att/matt. You'd pragmatically have to use the less-cool hat since you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage if you didn't. And that kind of the opposite of the point of CS gear.

The rest of the system looks pretty good, though.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    SlicedTime wrote: »
    I really dislike the idea of having stats on CS items, since if just some items have them, the other items become objectively worse. Say you have a cool CS hat with no stats, and a less cool hat with +3att/matt. You'd pragmatically have to use the less-cool hat since you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage if you didn't. And that kind of the opposite of the point of CS gear.

The stats comes on Most of the cash items that are Speciel label or you can increase it to red or black label
    And as i mentioned before Stats only last for 90 days, and the stats you get are random you can even get defense,while the Set Effect is permanent
    and don't worry about everyone looking alike look at KMS, ( Not a single character looks alike ). :)

PS. Don't worry about some Cs items becoming not good, alot of the cash equpis would have a set effect ;)
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2017
    SlicedTime wrote: »

The stats comes on Most of the cash items that are Speciel label or you can increase it to red or black label
    And as i mentioned before Stats only last for 90 days, and the stats you get are random you can even get defense,while the Set Effect is permanent
    and don't worry about everyone looking alike look at KMS, ( Not a single character looks alike ). :)

PS. Don't worry about some Cs items becoming not good, alot of the cash equpis would have a set effect ;)

That's not a proper counter argument though. Even if the stats are temporary, for that duration those items are still objectively better than cash items with no stats on them. Set bonuses would further restrict choice since mixing items from different sets would put you at a disadvantage. Additionally, I doubt that many of currently existing cash items would be added to the system, placing current cash items at an even further disadvantage.

My point is that if you add stats and set bonuses to cash items, it restricts the choice of your outfit by putting you at an objective, measurable disadvantage if you do not have the optimal cash equips. In my opinion that defeats the purpose of having cash equips.
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited December 2017
    Don't you **** dare pull another Dragon Nest on us. Dragon Nest failed the moment cash with stats came into existence, which was way back around open beta launch. Cash cosmetics with stats is NEVER good for any game. Don't forget this game has powercreep as well. Those stats will only keep growing thanks to it, again, just look at Dragon Nest.