[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

MapleStory 2 release date please?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    LMAO Ohhh boy because someone is a Private Tester they're special then every one else LMAO!
    Much like the GM's right? They don't know how the mechanics of the game works but they're "Game Masters" right.

And no you've no authority over what I say kid... Not even the Admins or the Moderators for that matter have the authority to tell me what I can and can't do, they can block my account from accessing the forums but Until then I will say and reply to any topic I want so deal with it...
    You're not gonna bark orders at me like you do your parents.

Wow, somebody is toxic
    LMAO iHUHPgR.png
    Please, do us a favor and not get this locked because of your salt.
    You already said your opinion on the matter, no need to start fights with everyone else.
    Lilyflower
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    LMAO Ohhh boy because someone is a Private Tester they're special then every one else LMAO!
    Much like the GM's right? They don't know how the mechanics of the game works but they're "Game Masters" right.

And no you've no authority over what I say kid... Not even the Admins or the Moderators for that matter have the authority to tell me what I can and can't do, they can block my account from accessing the forums but Until then I will say and reply to any topic I want so deal with it...
    You're not gonna bark orders at me like you do your parents.

The Private Testers don't even throw that around when they comment. You seemed to be bothered more than theyre private testers than they even feel the need to say anything about it.

It was as simple as saying " I dont think MS2 will be successful as MS"
    SherriLilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Joint wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Joint wrote: »
    LMAO MapleStory 2 will be short lived in NA, Everyone hype it up for awhile people who left GMS will come back to try it out after maybe 90 days the hype will die out and people will return to GMS.

Go a head believe what YOU want the sad fact about why MapleStory population is declining for is because a lot of the people who played are now having to work ect...

Care to explain how you can tell the future of a new game? Again just because you choose not to like the 3D style of MS2 does not necessarily mean that everyone will hate the style as well. MS2 will definitly not be a flop when it comes to NA. Will it be more popular than MS1? Maybe not but that can not be told yet until the game comes out. Even if MS2 isn't as popular as MS1 does not mean it will be short lived. Nor does it mean it will shut down right away or be a flop of a game. it's still doing decent in Korea not as great as once it came out but still pretty decent game to play. Point is MS2 will indeed be a popular game and there will be an audience large enough for that game that it will bring in enough money for Nexon to not shut down. The amount of popularity that MS2 will have is yet to be determined though and that will need to wait until it releases. Again stop trying to state your opinions as facts. No one can tell the future.

Care to explain how you can tell the future of a new game?
    Again stop trying to state your opinions as facts. No one can tell the future.

First of all mocking someone's comment because it upsets you is a bit childish imo. Especially for someone that who was a private tester in this game. Second of all it's logical that any MMO out there that's brand new will bring in some money for a company. Just by being brand new already attracts a good amount of a player base. For a game that is already widely popular a sequel will do even better. As I stated in my last post there is no way to tell how well MS2 will be or if it will be greater than MS1 until the game comes over. However, what can easily be known is that MS2 will definitely not be a flop or shut down anytime soon when it comes to NA. We already know that NA will also bring in MS2 seeing as they are already higher for employees for that game and multiple English files. It's just a matter of when it will come not will it will come. Anyways though unless you're going to be a bit more mature with your replies and not get all bent out of shape for someone not agreeing with your opinion please stop replying back to me. Thank you.

It doesn't upset me. I don't care one way or another about Maplestory 2.
    I just find your post self contradictory.
    You tell the other person that no one can tell the future, and then you state with utmost confidence that Maplestory 2 will not be a flop because ... you have a crystal ball?

I agree with your prediction that many people will want to try this game out. However, that doesn't guarantee that enough people will like it and keep playing it, and more importantly, paying into it.

Nexon apparently thinks so, because, as you said, there is evidence that the game is being translated and readied for a Western release. We will have to wait and see whether they manage to recoup the investment and make profits off it, or end up with another flop like Law Breakers.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Doing some research, all I can find is clickbait Youtube videos so nothing just yet..
  • Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2017
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/7a4doc/so_gms2_is_gonna_be_a_thing_soon/#bottom-comments

Your jaw is gonna drop when you see this! COME ON, ZEROBYDIVIDE! WHERE ARE YOU WITH THE VIDEO ON YOUR EXPERIENCE AT NEXON NA HQ?!?! DID YOU EXTRACT INFO FROM THE NEXON TEAM ON WHEN MS2 WILL BE RELEASED IN THE WEST?!?!
  • MikanBoxMikanBox
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2017
    I been playing cms2 since its been in beta and been having a blast :3

But yeah sifting through the "maybe gms2 files", seems like there is hints of cms2 having quite an influence on gms2?
    (Note the files came from kms2 )
    Maybe gms2 is gonna be more like cms2 than kms2?

Inherently cms2/kms2 have quite a few issues.
    But I think there gms2 needs to REALLY rework lvl 0-50.
    ever since the "restart patch" in kms2 0-50 was mostly replaced with just a really large solo story line. Many side quests were removed from under-lvl50 areas, and it sorta just made everywhere thats under-level 50 just sorta.... useless?
    after lvl 50, they just sorta expect ya to flip-a-switch and suddenly get better at teamwork/party play as almost everything after 50 has to be done in a party.

You can feel all the polish and care that's gone into designing into each map, which is really nice!
    But....
    -Due to all the exp/skill points/stat points coming from story quests. the need to grind/side quest is gone
    -Balloons/flying mounts can sorta let u skip over the pathways/obstacle course each map has neatly setup
    -You can literally call a helicopter to teloport about anywhere (50k mesos or cashop item)
    -If there is a dungeon gate/entrance...... you can sorta ignore em because you can just use the dungeon menu to go right into the dungeon
    It just feels like.... so much game content is sorta underused :C

The game is pretty fine after lvl 50 (after you get used to cooperative/party play)

Either way.... the "restart patch"(2nd year kms2) was designed for a game with a large existing endgame population and was meant to help new players catch up with the rest quickly.
    But I think its a horrible patch for any fresh server, because: It does a bad job at convincing people to love the game and it gives a false impression about the game.

I think Nexon NA should do a lot of tweeks to ms2 to make it a better game.
    The content is already there (weather past or current content) They just sorta gotta mish-mash together old and new to make a better experiance

But yeah. Once gms2 is out, You know I'm gonna be there B)

See yall in gms2!
    edited December 2017
    I guess it's safe to say we don't need ZeroByDivide to report back anytime soon. This is all the proof I need:

To all the people who attended this event, you had one chance to ask them (in person) the biggest question we wanted to unearth answers to; YET YOU BLEW IT! Great! HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TIL GMS2 FINALLY GETS RELEASED?!?! *sigh* The suspense, I tell you.........
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I guess it's safe to say we don't need ZeroByDivide to report back anytime soon. This is all the proof I need:

To all the people who attended this event, you had one chance to ask them (in person) the biggest question we wanted to unearth answers to; YET YOU BLEW IT! Great! HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TIL GMS2 FINALLY GETS RELEASED?!?! *sigh* The suspense, I tell you.........

If you watched that, you know they did ask it - and got the expected answer of "we don't know, it's a separate game."
    Catooolooo
    edited December 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

If you watched that, you know they did ask it - and got the expected answer of "we don't know, it's a separate game."

Could you give me the time stamp on where that was answered please? It must've slipped past me while I was nosing off through the boring discussion of World Merge and Reboot problems.
  • supermikysupermiky
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2017
    Ugh ugh ugh here we go again peeps.

How many times have i told you, I agree with a member who posted here. You guys should give up on GMS2, how can you expect that game to release globally? Nexon has made a announcement that the company wont be publish gms2 anymore, and will stay on korean server due to copyright and governament issues. They wont port it because they have announcement about the shut down date.

to be honest wish i'd played kms2 but after a patch i cant play kms2 anymore, it tells me to verify account with korean phone number....so if anyone have a korean phone number it would be very appreciated as i want to play kms2 game again for last time, but also elsword kr too. I also really like closers kr.

so, stop hoping for this. remove all your hopes on kms2. Learn how to play a more modern game like elsword and closers. How can you guys be selfish? nexon has already gave us an false sense of hope, so you should GIVE up too.
    edited December 2017
    supermiky wrote: »
    Nexon has made a announcement that the company wont be publish gms2 anymore, and will stay on korean server due to copyright and governament issues. They wont port it because they have announcement about the shut down date.

Prove it, then! Where is the said "announcement" about GMS2 being unplayable in NA? No proof=no trust.

Also, why did Spadow release English soundclips leaked from the game?
  • ShenPieShenPie
    edited January 2018
    Didn't really read the whole discussion but you can play chinese maplestory 2 with English language in it. I've just played it today, it was great. Though I don't really like it because there's barely anyone that speaks English.
    edited January 2018
    ShenPie wrote: »
    Didn't really read the whole discussion but you can play chinese maplestory 2 with English language in it. I've just played it today, it was great. Though I don't really like it because there's barely anyone that speaks English.

I doubt the English Patch for KMS2 works for CMS2 as the patch is meant to change Korean to English.
  • MikanBoxMikanBox
    edited January 2018
    we got about 19 active english members in the guild BiFrost atm (女王鎮 server)
    We Got a Modified English patch for Cms2 working~ It's just a not perfect yet~
    yENBZLS.jpg

edited January 2018
    MikanBox wrote: »
    yENBZLS.jpg

0.0 Well I'll be darned.............

Speaking of which, here's something interesting. Beast Tamer has an official Chinese name: 林之灵 (Lin Zhi Ling). "Lin Zhi Ling", when ran through Google Translate, came out as "Spirit of the Forest". What do you make of that English-translated name for Beast Tamer?
  • GlowstickGlowstick
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2018
    yENBZLS.jpg

Hey where can I play this? Been dying to for so long
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited January 2018
    Glowstick wrote: »
    yENBZLS.jpg

http://mxd2.qq.com/main.htm

You need a qq to play though
  • LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Reactions: 860
    edited February 2018
    Nexon announce Maplestory 2 next week plz
  • MikanBoxMikanBox
    edited February 2018
    Glowstick wrote: »
    yENBZLS.jpg

This guide will help ya get started~
    The Discord link on the homepage doubles as a guild discord incase you wish to find a large english speaking guild
    https://www.meowuniverse.com/newbie_guide
  • MarisaKirisameMarisaKirisame
    Reactions: 500
    edited February 2018
    another game to add to the not going to happen pile
    we're never going to see an English version of Maplestory 2 Asia doesn't give a **** about the West

the reason why MapleStory one is dying in the west they announced Maplestory 2 in Asia at the end we will wind up not having both of them cuz of that announcement

this is why you do not make sequels of MMOs if you cannot release it in every Market you'll wind up killing one of your markets
This discussion has been closed.