[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let's Talk... Recent Events with Kanna

Comments

• pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Hackers use Kannas to farm mesos. The community understands that but why not be clear/transparent to the community about a simple step? instead of saying oh we ban 1000+ Kannas a day, how many Kannas people's bans gets overturned?

Give us a number, is this too much to compromised the security of the system?

Issue here isn't really that Kannas are getting banned. Its that people are getting falsely banned and given copypastaed while nexon just saying they are right. All you need to do is to prove it to us you are overturning and saying sorry we fucked up here. Give us the live chat logs where GM says oh I've looked at your account we made a mistake, give us the email logs where GM says our Investigations team looked at the allegations and we've made a mistake. Redact names servers if you have to.

EDIT: to clarify for Nexon. To err is human, system/people mess up is normal and its okay we get that, But all the overturning of false positives seems to be community becoming the advocate for the individual. You the company should be the biggest advocate for the legit players not the community.

Uh... seems like you can't read.
    There are no overturned bans, because every ban that was handed out for Kannas is legit. Arwoo's post even mentions how they're carefully reviewing each case prior to making a decision to ban or not because of previous false bans.

Sorry, but those people that are complaining about being innocent are lying (also covered in the OP)

No, there are some legit Kanna's out there. Someone released videos from characters start to character banned. It's proof that there's legit Kanna players lumped into the mix. It's not okay to lump every banned Kanna into botters/hackers. I'm not saying to not be suspicious, but there's no feasible way to know that there aren't legits mixed in with the illegits.

Yeah, Kannas may be used a ton by hackers, but that doesn't mean they all hack. I hope all the legits get their accounts back soon!
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Recently, there have been many discussions of whether or not it's safe to play as Kanna, due to the number of Kanna related ban appeals that have been appearing. On the surface, this sounds like an easy enough question to answer, but in reality, there's a lot going on behinds the scenes.

Let's first get the facts out of the way. The community knows that certain classes are most popular with hackers and we know this as well. It should also be to no surprise that Kannas were the main focus in our recent attempt to combat the issue of hackers in MapleStory. Over 1,000+ illegitimate Kannas were banned as a result of this recent action, but it's also a fact that in the past, our banning procedure has made some errors as stated by our CS & Investigations team here. Due to this, we're just as careful and wary about this whole ordeal alongside the community, and we're doing all we can to make sure there are zero errors.

Going back to the original statement: "On the surface, this sounds like an easy enough question to answer, but in reality, there's a lot going on behinds the scenes." There's a reason why much of the information regarding the banning and appealing procedure must be behind closed curtains. It's the same issue that we're dealing with currently with hackers submitting ban appeals pretending to be legitimate. It should also be to no surprise that illegitimate users take advantage of community platforms. As candid as we'd like to be with the community, the release of sensitive information would ultimately harm the integrity of the game if fallen into the wrong hands.

At this point in time, we will continue to do our best to investigate Kannas who were banned and submitted an appeal. While this may not address the immediate concerns with playing Kanna, we do hope that this provides the community with further understanding.

*keeps all blaze wizards and kinesis's
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    KThxBaiNao wrote: »
    Give everyone something more than just some overly safe PR response in attempt to appease them.

Release some numbers if you want the community to trust that you’re doing something. Something like:

“Hey Maplers,

We’re still working on a concrete fix for the issues some of you are having with your Kannas. While we cannot go into more revealing details, we can share some numbers with you.

Over ‘A’ accounts have been banned as a result of these Kanna issues.
    ‘B’ players have submitted tickets to have their cases reviewed. Out of these, ‘C’ players have been released as false positives and ‘D’ players’ bans have been confirmed as hackers/exploiters.

We’re sorry for any frustration or farming/training delays these issues have caused. Rest assured, that we are hard at work to resolve these as quickly and painlessly as possible.”

this is why kthxbainao should be reinstated
    MageOfBattlesPetalmagicRennnSherrimuhha
  • White_ShadowWhite_Shadow
    Reactions: 805
    edited October 2017
    I played with Kanna yesterday and on October the 27th. And yesterday my friend warned me about that, so I stopped using Kanna. But this bans are Instant Bans or it comes in a time? Because now I can enter in maplestory normally. So, I don't know if one ban can come to me soon. But I do not use hacks or anything like this, I was just training my Kanna. But thank you Nexon for investigating it.
  • KiraigekyKiraigeky
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2017
    I lose my account yesterday just for use my kanna, he isn't my main character, i had chars with more lvl and range than my kanna and just play in 2xEXP with kanna around 12min. and gms just send default replys. But when see a guys with "49q8f4q68f4f" names using a BW with the lv10 set, jr boogie and playing for hours and hours nothing happend
  • Omero1Omero1
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2017
    A few days ago I got permanently banned on my Kanna..

I just got back into maple after a few months of not having a decent internet connection and I got banned after 15 min of helping my friends with the 5th job quests..

And what your support told me?
    "Please be informed that all accounts are being investigated thoroughly before receiving a penalty."

15 min of playing... 5 of them are kishin and killing mobs

This account is 3 years old and it's the second perma that I got by mistake!

I got free from the first one because your support realized that there was a mistake from the" auto banning system".

Why a program have the power to perma ban a player?
    Your support doesn't want to admit that they are wrong and I can't have my account back =/

I even died once while playing.. How can I die if I use hacks?! I don't get it..

4 people were with me and I was the only one who got banned.. I wish I saw this post before I logged in again
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I will not be playing my Kanna now, as much as I want to protest your horrendous choices to not only ban Kannas but to NERF them..!
    I guess I'll be doing everything on my main. If I do want to see my Kanna, I'll just hang out in Henesys or something.
    This is so depressing..

I'm sorry, Marusakii.. forgive me..
  • HitThePedalHitThePedal
    Reactions: 220
    edited November 2017
    Recently, there have been many discussions of whether or not it's safe to play as Kanna, due to the number of Kanna related ban appeals that have been appearing. On the surface, this sounds like an easy enough question to answer, but in reality, there's a lot going on behinds the scenes.

Let's first get the facts out of the way. The community knows that certain classes are most popular with hackers and we know this as well. It should also be to no surprise that Kannas were the main focus in our recent attempt to combat the issue of hackers in MapleStory. Over 1,000+ illegitimate Kannas were banned as a result of this recent action, but it's also a fact that in the past, our banning procedure has made some errors as stated by our CS & Investigations team here. Due to this, we're just as careful and wary about this whole ordeal alongside the community, and we're doing all we can to make sure there are zero errors.

Going back to the original statement: "On the surface, this sounds like an easy enough question to answer, but in reality, there's a lot going on behinds the scenes." There's a reason why much of the information regarding the banning and appealing procedure must be behind closed curtains. It's the same issue that we're dealing with currently with hackers submitting ban appeals pretending to be legitimate. It should also be to no surprise that illegitimate users take advantage of community platforms. As candid as we'd like to be with the community, the release of sensitive information would ultimately harm the integrity of the game if fallen into the wrong hands.

At this point in time, we will continue to do our best to investigate Kannas who were banned and submitted an appeal. While this may not address the immediate concerns with playing Kanna, we do hope that this provides the community with further understanding.

Hi Arwoo.
    I recently got back to playing MapleStory (I played it about 6 years ago) and not knowingly about recent events I have created a Kanna.
    Today I got a blocked message after using the Nine-Tailed Fury skill.
    Below is the message I got. The date does not make sense.
    How long is the actual block?
    And do I just quit at this point?

Ban.png
  • muhhamuhha
    Reactions: 960
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    @HitThePedal, LOL what kind of Date did they give you :'D, I wonder why NEXON!!! are taking so long to fix this problem.
    Even I did SKIP Kanna Char on my Main account during MapleHood Event to avoid getting banned falsely.

So Kannas are still getting banned?
  • polerpoler
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2017
    For a player it is pretty easy to see a hacker or a bot. I mean their names are just random letters and numbers. But how does the autoban determine it is a hacker? That is my question because why would legit players get banned if they don't got any hacking programs. Like why are they even get banned by the system?

Hi Arwoo.
    I recently got back to playing MapleStory (I played it about 6 years ago) and not knowingly about recent events I have created a Kanna.
    Today I got a blocked message after using the Nine-Tailed Fury skill.
    Below is the message I got. The date does not make sense.
    How long is the actual block?
    And do I just quit at this point?

Ban.png

• NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Just make Kanna like BT, Zero? Only able to create from time to time so hackers can't recreate their banned kannas? It's better than making the class unplayable for legits, and also legits don't need to be able to recreate kannas all year as their kanna will always be there for not using hacks right?
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    NakazatoJL wrote: »
    Just make Kanna like BT, Zero? Only able to create from time to time so hackers can't recreate their banned kannas? It's better than making the class unplayable for legits, and also legits don't need to be able to recreate kannas all year as their kanna will always be there for not using hacks right?

I'm not against this idea, but at best it's at most a minor speedbump for the hacking/botting community. During the open periods they would just mass create accounts, some of which would be their failover accounts. Other checks on accounts created during this time could maybe help slow down some of the more low level hack users by making it more troublesome to bypass than is worth their time. But, for the ones selling meso and the like, they probably make too much money to not put in the effort to circumvent restrictions.

The best thing is usually going to be patch any skills that can be used to hit the whole map or bypass attack delays. Then work on refining the hack detection, and working to prevent bypasses. Nexon is probably also seriously looking into scrapping Kishin since it exacerbates a bunch of problems but they also don't want even more backlash.
  • TropismTropism
    Reactions: 1,415
    edited January 2018
    I play a 231 Kanna on Kradia and I must say, I've not been banned yet so if you truly are legitimate, you most likely have a small percent to get banned. I've been training and bossing, and all the normal things a Kanna should be doing. I too fear that I will be illegitimately banned, so I do take precaution in making sure that I don't associate with any known hackers/any hackers at all.

To those who were banned whilst being legitimate, I do hope Nexon gets your account back because that's so unfair. If you've spent anywhere near as much NX as me, you deserve your account back.
    darik