[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory Heroes Figures in GMS

SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
Reactions: 1,535
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Will GMS be receiving the MapleStory Heroes Figures that KMS received during the Illium Patch? I've been wondering and hoping we do and I have the money saved just in case.

I think they were like 80 USD in KMS or something. If we do receive them in the CS I just hope Nexon doesn't screw it up and keeps it exactly like KMS, Only 1 package can be bought per household... hopefully. They were only limited to like 100/Hero and then I think 500 more were released later or something along those lines.

For anyone unaware of what I'm talking about > https://orangemushroom.net/2017/07/19/kms-ver-1-2-280-maplestory-nova-history-another-story/maple-heroes-figures/

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    so far GMS has never received any of the maple merch for sale or any shop that sells maple merch online.

the only way GMS gets maple merch to players is through some of the forum contests, end even then it's rare for them to give maple merch.

GMS has also never received any of the special in game contests/ raffles that can award you with IRL prizes that KMS has had.

so GMS will likely not have these available.
    YinYangX
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    so far GMS has never received any of the maple merch for sale or any shop that sells maple merch online.

the only way GMS gets maple merch to players is through some of the forum contests, end even then it's rare for them to give maple merch.

GMS has also never received any of the special in game contests/ raffles that can award you with IRL prizes that KMS has had.

True but from my understanding, this is the first time KMS has ever had an IRL item sold through an Ingame cash shop item also, which gives me hope.

IIRC When this was first brought up months ago on Reddit Arwoo commented saying *Maybe* but nothing has been said or talked about since then.

Buying Maple Merch from a store is a bit different than holding an event where only like 100 of each char was given out in a package for like 80USD, Merch would require a store to sell said items. Nexon wouldn't need a store for this... just to ship them out and having them limited to only like 100 helps a lot since they won't be shipping out like 5k+ of them. It is something that can be done easily by the Staff at Nexon by hand.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017

True but from my understanding, this is the first time KMS has ever had an IRL item sold through an Ingame cash shop item also, which gives me hope.

IIRC When this was first brought up months ago on Reddit Arwoo commented saying *Maybe* but nothing has been said or talked about since then.

Buying Maple Merch from a store is a bit different than holding an event where only like 100 of each char was given out in a package for like 80USD, Merch would require a store to sell said items. Nexon wouldn't need a store for this... just to ship them out and having them limited to only like 100 helps a lot since they won't be shipping out like 5k+ of them. It is something that can be done easily by the Staff at Nexon by hand.

it's not the first though, it might be the first they have done it through the CS but it's not the first time they have done something like this.

they have done it several times through event coin shops, and even gave away some stuff for one of the Pinkbean events (pinkbean thumb drive and i think a mug), and I dont recall GMS giving away IRL prizes for the pinkbean event and I know we didnt get any of the Coinshop raffles.

just saying the chances that they implemented this event are very slim to none as there has been no precedent of them bringing them over or doing anything like this on their own.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited December 2017
    I'm surprised Nexon (Korea) hasn't approached a company like Good Smile and had some of these Iconic characters turned into Nendoroids yet. Maplestory is a very popular game and long established game throughout southeast Asia and the style of Nendoroid fits it very well. This would also make the figures buy-able to other places in the would due to import shops and online importers. Missed opportunity....
    edited December 2017
    they have done it several times through event coin shops, and even gave away some stuff for one of the Pinkbean events (pinkbean thumb drive and i think a mug), and I dont recall GMS giving away IRL prizes for the pinkbean event and I know we didnt get any of the Coinshop raffles.

just saying the chances that they implemented this event are very slim to none as there has been no precedent of them bringing them over or doing anything like this on their own.

True but those are also free events. We all know how Nexon on GMS side of things is... Giving away free irl stuff is one thing, paying for it is another. If it involves Money 90% of the time Nexon is on that like a rabid dog.

e.g. Announced today Bonus NX Event > Throws out DMT and giant Cube Sales LUL

imo, This would be the easiest cash grab that Nexon could do... I never buy Cubes. But a MapleStory Figure/Statue.. I'll shell out a hundred for that EASY. Just doing the math from the original price of 80USD.

100 of each hero sold > 80 USD x 600 = $48,000 ... I don't see Nexon passing up the opportunity of getting an easy 50 Grand off of sales.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017

True but those are also free events. We all know how Nexon on GMS side of things is... Giving away free irl stuff is one thing, paying for it is another. If it involves Money 90% of the time Nexon is on that like a rabid dog.

e.g. Announced today Bonus NX Event > Throws out DMT and giant Cube Sales LUL

if that were the case, Nexon would have opened up an online shop for people to buy maple merch a long time ago and not just give it away at random forum contests.

they know there are many people that would buy them but still decide not to open an online shop, and the community has wanted one and has been requesting one for years.

kthxbainao tried to get the ball rolling for one and was fired a little after getting some paperwork done to start the process of opening one. I assume the project is dead now as there hasnt been any update to it from Arwoo.

stock wouldn't even be as big of an issue as you think it is cause they can stock low as NX korea would be the suppliers for NX america anyway, and technically could set it up to just ship it from korea to where you live anyway.
    edited December 2017
    if that were the case, Nexon would have opened up an online shop for people to buy maple merch a long time ago and not just give it away at random forum contests.

they know there are many people that would buy them but still decide not to open an online shop, and the community has wanted one and has been requesting one for years.

They won't because of shipping and stuff, Having to ship out products long term while holding open a site 24/7 that needs to be updated is cost worthy. This event is a one-time thing and wouldn't need a website of its own. Due to this, it wouldn't cost them any money to really make this event happen besides shipping and even then I think the Shipping wasn't included. Meaning it had tax/shipping on top of the 80USD or w/e it was in Korea.

Hiring the people or taking people away from the workplace to ship out 600 items compared to having people hired full time for shipping and having a possible warehouse. < This is why a store online doesn't exist. Most people don't realize exactly how cost worthy it is to open a store, even if the store is online you still need a warehouse of sorts to hold the items and people to package/ship said items. It's just not worth it over here on the GMS version, however, holding a 1-time event like this that most likely won't show up again is def worth it on Nexon's part as they won't need to hire people to package/ship this stuff out.