[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is it too late for me to obtain Big Spider?

KougaKouga
Reactions: 700
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I just now found out about the use of big spider. I'm level 150, and I'm grinding spiders, but so far no drops, and it's been an hour.

I heard that once you go over a certain level, certain monsters won't drop their cards. Is this true? Is there no hope for me to obtain the spider familiar?

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited December 2017
    Drop rate penalty from level difference do not affect familiars cards, you are just on the unlucky side.
  • KougaKouga
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2017
    Im even using the winter drop buff plus 30% monster aquisition from winter photos. Why me ;-;
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Kouga wrote: »
    Im even using the winter drop buff plus 30% monster aquisition from winter photos. Why me ;-;

You do realize familiar drop and monster collection registration are two different things right?
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2017
    I've had to hang around there for 2+ hours before a card dropped with my Kanna, who has 110% item drop gear + spider already on. Dunno if drop affects cards, but I was seriously WTFing after a while. Just hang in there, though. The odds are that one or more will drop, eventually. Try farming incense totems some time. Unless you are intensely lucky, you will learn what patience really is.

Nexon's pure luck flat rate drop system is often extremely mean to us. If it were decently progressive, we'd be in paradise compared to what we see now. Alas, welcome to RNG hellz, buddy.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Monster Acquisition rate refers to monsters being added to your Monster Collection. Familiar cards are just straight up RNG, and unfortunately they are on the rarer side for drops. I've gone into spiders with Blue Wolf and 20% drop gear, and gotten one in 5 minutes, and then it took ~45 min to get my second one, so there's no set time/magic formula.

Keep on keeping on, friend ! =)
  • clockworkmachinaclockworkmachina
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2017
    I've had to hang around there for 2+ hours before a card dropped with my Kanna, who has 110% item drop gear + spider already on. Dunno if drop affects cards, but I was seriously WTFing after a while. Just hang in there, though. The odds are that one or more will drop, eventually. Try farming incense totems some time. Unless you are intensely lucky, you will learn what patience really is.

Nexon's pure luck flat rate drop system is often extremely mean to us. If it were decently progressive, we'd be in paradise compared to what we see now. Alas, welcome to RNG hellz, buddy.

true patience is known when you complete the Empress's Might questline. Lunar Dew (shudder)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Semi-bragging, but went into Big Spiders with Spider Familiar, 5% IA, 17% HS, and Lucky Winter: got 1 in less than first 50 kills and got a total of 3 before the the Lucky Winter ran out. xd
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2017
    Empress might quest (shudders)that is the true test of rng, thank god i got my KoC to 150 before they got rid of ultimate explorers.
    YinYangX