[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Zero Class

Deathace102Deathace102
Reactions: 1,530
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I know is this probably over posted, but I seriously don't get why nexon hasn't implemented Zero in Reboot yet.

When Zero was released I had so much fun with the class, I enjoyed it's story, the 2 player mechanic, the aesthetic of the class, everything
It's just sad to see that my favourite class isn't available in the server that I play on, and unless I'm mistaken, Nexon hasn't really announced WHY Zero isn't allowed in reboot, it just seems like a petty way to keep people from migrating over to reboot. Nexon should really rethink this decision and allow Zero to be created on all servers, because me personally I don't see why there should be a reason to restrict classes like this.
  1. Do you think Zero should be available on Reboot?21 votes
    1. Yes
       81% (17 votes)
    2. No
       19% (4 votes)

Comments

• tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    honestly that's the only why i didn't try reboot before
  • Deathace102Deathace102
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Yeah I know, I really love this class and I would love it if nexon could make it available for reboot for once...
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    I really want Zero since its not op anymore. :T @Arwoo
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, there is actually no reason not to have it in Reboot.... what is Zero gonna do? Spit out abso equips? They start at lv.100 but they are not exactly strong nor do a lot of people main them. Some do which is fine but the majority just want him/her for their link skill. It's not like we're starting at lvl100 either... we literally need a 150+ Character before they are even unlocked. At this point, Nexon can make the req lvl200+ and everyone could still make a Zero in Reboot. it's been so long that 99% of people have a character to 200 by now. I personally don't play as much as I used to and even I have 2 200+ Characters and an entire account full of 140+ for Legion.

In the end, Nexon is keeping Zero away from Reboot and there is actually no reason to other than *Were too lazy to unlock him in the coding*. They get nothing special nor do they cause any form of Meso Issue that can make them incredibly easy/broken in Reboot. The only thing they get is a decently easy Leveling experience for a short while and even that is negotiable since you can reach lv.200 in under an Hour using the right steps. While Zero has loads of cutscenes racking in an extra 30-40min of Gameplay just talking.

No joke you can reach lvl150 on a normal char faster than a Zero can reach lv.125 due to cutscenes/talking moments.. bet me on it... you won't.
    PetalmagicDeathace102
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, there is actually no reason not to have it in Reboot.... what is Zero gonna do? Spit out abso equips? They start at lv.100 but they are not exactly strong nor do a lot of people main them. Some do which is fine but the majority just want him/her for their link skill. It's not like we're starting at lvl100 either... we literally need a 150+ Character before they are even unlocked. At this point, Nexon can make the req lvl200+ and everyone could still make a Zero in Reboot. it's been so long that 99% of people have a character to 200 by now. I personally don't play as much as I used to and even I have 2 200+ Characters and an entire account full of 140+ for Legion.

In the end, Nexon is keeping Zero away from Reboot and there is actually no reason to other than *Were too lazy to unlock him in the coding*. They get nothing special nor do they cause any form of Meso Issue that can make them incredibly easy/broken in Reboot. The only thing they get is a decently easy Leveling experience for a short while and even that is negotiable since you can reach lv.200 in under an Hour using the right steps. While Zero has loads of cutscenes racking in an extra 30-40min of Gameplay just talking.

No joke you can reach lvl150 on a normal char faster than a Zero can reach lv.125 due to cutscenes/talking moments.. bet me on it... you won't.

I mean...there have been BUGS that allow us to create Zeroes on Reboot...so its not like its not possible.
    Deathace102TransformingThunderVimi
  • Deathace102Deathace102
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    The biggest reason I've seen so far as to zero shouldn't be on reboot, is because they get a free level 170 weapon, but they also forget that zero doesn't have a legit secondary, so they're missing out on tons of stats with that alone...
  • RaymondclericRaymondcleric
    Reactions: 720
    edited December 2017
    I haven't played zero yet.
    I hope to do so eventually
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    -lurks- I wish Nexon would listen to us...Im pretty sure Zero would up reboot spending...(gotta make your Zeroes pretty)
  • MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2017
    honestly at this point there's no reason for nexon to hold back zero release on reboot, who knows, maybe they're just lazy ?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    Morbeelzem wrote: »
    honestly at this point there's no reason for nexon to hold back zero release on reboot, who knows, maybe they're just lazy ?

:T that's nothing new. I just wish we could play Zero.
  • MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    :T that's nothing new. I just wish we could play Zero.

well yeah, we ought to wait for KMS to implement it first, and then GMS could copy-paste the code.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Zero is f2p class as progression is imbedded into the class mechanic and the zero world even drops the points used to change stats on the gear and weapons.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    Zero is f2p class as progression is imbedded into the class mechanic and the zero world even drops the points used to change stats on the gear and weapons.

o-o...well...reboot progression is kinda...similar? You just gotta get a ton of mesos. Honestly, there isn't anything super game breaking about Zero. You can't trade anything. While apparently you get a high level weapon...well it just doesn't seem like the best of excuses when you can get high level weapons through normal gameplay too. (albeit level 140, 150, 160...)
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited December 2017
    Even with free high level gear, the problem of the user is still at play here. Gear is only limited in ability of play-style and learning the class ins and outs.

You can have great gear and still play average at best.

I wouldn't mind Zero on Reboot if it would help bring more people in. Trades are blocked on Reboot anyway, so there's no reason to worry about gear and other issues surrounding it.
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    Even with free high level gear, the problem of the user is still at play here. Gear is only limited in ability of play-style and learning the class ins and outs.

I wouldn't mind Zero on Reboot if it would help bring more people in. Trades are blocked on Reboot anyway, so there's no reason to worry about gear and other issues surrounding it.

Yeah, and its not like the leveling is amazing in mirror world (most of Zero's exp is from quests if I recall...until you get into maple world) There's nothing overly broken about having Zero on Reboot.
  • Deathace102Deathace102
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

Yeah, and its not like the leveling is amazing in mirror world (most of Zero's exp is from quests if I recall...until you get into maple world) There's nothing overly broken about having Zero on Reboot.

Seriously, and the fact that nexon gave no reason as to why it's unavailable, other than "Just because" bothers me... Nothing about Zero is as op as people think.

"Oh, they start at level 100"
    Yeah well, getting to level 100 isn't even a challenge anymore, it can be done in a matter of a few hours, and besides, you need to have a level 100 character beforehand before making one. If anything, nexon could just make it so you need a level 180-200 before making a Zero, if that "balances" things.

"They get a free cubing system with their weapon"
    Well farming weapon points takes longer than farming mesos for a normal cube, plus you can't even get it to legendary, so it's essentially an overpriced master craftsman cube, which again, is so easy to get via bounty hunter portals, inferno wolf portals, mining, elite bosses, etc.

"They get a free high leveled weapon"
    Yeah they may have a free level 170 weapon, but they don't have a secondary... That's a lot of stats they're missing out on, so I think it compensates far more for the fact that their weapon has more attack than other class' weapons.

"Well KMS doesn't allow it so why should GMS allow it?"
    GMS does many things different from KMS, for example, we don't have Flames, we don't have access to 25 stars, we don't have Hekaton, and we have access to Gollux which KMS doesn't and probably will never have, so it's pointless to assume that just because KMS does something different, that GMS should just blindly follow.

"Nexon would lose a lot of money because more players will ditch normal servers"
    Yeah, people might go to reboot and leave behind normal servers, but with this new wave of players, there would be more people buying cosmetics for their Zero's, so in the end Nexon will still be making money.

I still can't find a single valid point as to why nexon won't allow this class on reboot, and I would like to get some feedback by the community manager ( @Arwoo ) or a nexon employee.
    Petalmagic
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Yeah they may have a free level 170 weapon, but they don't have a secondary...

Zero's weapon doubles as a secondary. When you're Alpha, your secondary is Lapis, and when you're Beta, your secondary is Lazuli.
  • Deathace102Deathace102
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Zero's weapon doubles as a secondary. When you're Alpha, your secondary is Lapis, and when you're Beta, your secondary is Lazuli.

It actually doesn't work like that, from what I've seen it's been bugged so they get no boosts from their secondary, and even if they still do, my other points still stand, there's no valid reason to keep zero a normal server exclusive.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017

It actually doesn't work like that, from what I've seen it's been bugged so they get no boosts from their secondary, and even if they still do, my other points still stand, there's no valid reason to keep zero a normal server exclusive.

Yeah, we want our Zeroes here. They could do a whole big event and everything for it! (and release the Zero CS set for people to buy)
    Deathace102
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017

Yeah, we want our Zeroes here. They could do a whole big event and everything for it! (and release the Zero CS set for people to buy)

People are barely coming back for illium and cadena, an older class wont up spending as much as you think. so that cant be a reason, more than just that theres no real reason theyre not released in reboot.