[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

BRING PVP BACK DANGET

rizariza
Reactions: 3,025
edited October 2016 in General Chat
people riza here best there is and i want gms to do something right for a change and do it for me cause im awesome bring back pvp and ask for these changes.
set damage like how it is when we atk dummys and monsters in town.
limit moves like in ursus
allow 1 vs1, 2 vs 2, free for all and team, of lets say 10 vs 10 lol
also allow us to just fight each other for fun like in dragon nest.
the benefits to this will allow us to build class mastery and allow us to really have fun.
if you add this back with these changes you will get a large volume of players guaranteed.
also give me credit for talking about it and recommending these changes if you dont do it i write to them myself so yea please bring it back with set damage and lets all have fun beathing teh shet out of each other. ;D

[flash=]
  1. DO YOU WANT PVP BACK THE WAY IT SHOULD BE BACK OR BACK IN GENERAL?21 votes
    1. FUVKING H3LL YEA!!!!!!!
       38% (8 votes)
    2. NAH CUZ CHILL
       43% (9 votes)
    3. NEUTRAL
       19% (4 votes)

Comments

• rizariza
    edited October 2016
    and heres a match of pvp in dragon nest maple needs this too

[flash=]
  • NiceAsIceNiceAsIce
    Reactions: 1,150
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    PVP destroys games... no
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    NiceAsIce
    NiceAsIce said:

PVP destroys games... no
    you hate maple!!! and hows does it destroy the game please explain cuz.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2016
    NiceAsIce
    NiceAsIce said:

PVP destroys games... no
    I agreed, PvP will completely destroy this game despite the fact that Nexon doesn't have to go through all the troubles re-balance skill where ti doesn't 1-shot/hitting the whole map.
  • MrsCuteMrsCute
    Reactions: 790
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

NiceAsIce
    NiceAsIce said:

PVP destroys games... no
    Put bluntly, PVP invites or creates a toxic playerbase (moreso than what we have over that the rant&raves forum) due to the individual "competition" that it brings, which often fuels people's internet egos, and creates a pseudo-hierarchy based on their PVP "skills" and popularity. In other words, it turns the game into a salt mine, and that's always unhealthy to the community.

And no, this game does not need PVP. It's not designed to be a PVP game. There's a reason the old PVP system failed, and that is because this game revolves around PVE. PVP will simply destroy the community and create ways for unneeded toxicity. This game has plenty of end game content, and thus a PVP is not needed. It's not like Elsword where PVE skills directly translate to PVP either.

Since you brought on the topic of Dragon Nest, you should go check out the PVP forum for Dragon Nest. 75% of the posts there are people talking about X person being better than Y, saying that Z sucks, and that his own ego is higher than any other person on the forum, along with the fact that people complain 24/7 about a "blacklist." I should also mention that there's almost no concrete PVP discussion there, and that the entire forum is practically a blog DUE TO THE FACT THAT PVP has become more of an egofest instead of an actual PVP arena.

Also, don't go assuming that people hate MapleStory because they're playing the game how it's intended to be played. You're the one who thinks this game lacks density because it doesn't contain a PVP system. Just because someone disagrees with your views doesn't mean they hate the game.
    NiightseekerPrideUzumePetalmagic
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

and heres a match of pvp in dragon nest maple needs this too

[flash=]
    Based on that video.... I'd rather not. It's just a sloppy mess of spamming, uneven timing and bad angles. With that said, I'm not against PvP as long as that content doesn't handcuff or put those at a disadvantage in the main game who don't like it and don't want to participate though. I think it's fair to give PvP players a place to battle if they like that.

• Warlocked200Warlocked200
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    With the amount of latency issues that quite a lot of people have in Maplestory, PVP wouldn't be a good addition.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Its impossible to balance these classes for PvP unfortunately. This goes back to design decisions made almost 10 years ago, so they won't change anytime soon
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    MrsCute
    MrsCute said:

riza
    Riza said:

NiceAsIce
    NiceAsIce said:

PVP destroys games... no
    Put bluntly, PVP invites or creates a toxic playerbase (moreso than what we have over that the rant&raves forum) due to the individual "competition" that it brings, which often fuels people's internet egos, and creates a pseudo-hierarchy based on their PVP "skills" and popularity. In other words, it turns the game into a salt mine, and that's always unhealthy to the community.

And no, this game does not need PVP. It's not designed to be a PVP game. There's a reason the old PVP system failed, and that is because this game revolves around PVE. PVP will simply destroy the community and create ways for unneeded toxicity. This game has plenty of end game content, and thus a PVP is not needed. It's not like Elsword where PVE skills directly translate to PVP either.

Since you brought on the topic of Dragon Nest, you should go check out the PVP forum for Dragon Nest. 75% of the posts there are people talking about X person being better than Y, saying that Z sucks, and that his own ego is higher than any other person on the forum, along with the fact that people complain 24/7 about a "blacklist." I should also mention that there's almost no concrete PVP discussion there, and that the entire forum is practically a blog DUE TO THE FACT THAT PVP has become more of an egofest instead of an actual PVP arena.

Also, don't go assuming that people hate MapleStory because they're playing the game how it's intended to be played. You're the one who thinks this game lacks density because it doesn't contain a PVP system. Just because someone disagrees with your views doesn't mean they hate the game.
    i think most people dont like pvp cause they all wanna be winners for me i like competition and love the challenge most people who wouldnt like it prob because they never been challenge and dont want to vs someone better then them for fun. i mean they could just implement pvp for people who love to fight and have a challenge while the others who like to sit in a corner can do them no wrong in that but at least help the large % of the online community get wat they pay for.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    This game is predominately PVE. It NEVER works trying to shoehorn PVP into a PVE game.

It sucked back then, it'll suck now.
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    I don't think PVP should be brought back. It just really doesn't belong in this sort of game.

If I want to challenge people, I'll do it in things like Pokemon, and if I want to challenge myself, I'll keep up with my efforts to get perfects on every song in every difficulty in Project Mirai DX. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

This game is predominately PVE. It NEVER works trying to shoehorn PVP into a PVE game.

this is cause no one is fighting or bossing in maple no more this is wat we came to one of the reasons is star planet which is gone so we still got work to do but dayum how much maple has pussfied in our generation
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

this is cause no one is fighting or bossing in maple no more this is wat we came to one of the reasons is star planet which is gone so we still got work to do but dayum how much maple has pussfied in our generation
    You want to have PVP? Go back to Dragon Nest.
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

your racist or i should say gamist cuz people get mad when donald trump says go back to univision but you tell me to go back to dragonnest bruh donald better deport u

[flash=]
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    I MISS PVP :CCC return of legends was not the same
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

your racist or i should say gamist cuz people get mad when donald trump says go back to univision but you tell me to go back to dragonnest bruh donald better deport u

[flash=]
    Oh man, you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
    Pride
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

[flash=]
    Oh man, you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
    lol it just means ur really stupid for talking to a stupid ;D
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

What?

Dude, if you want PVP, all you have to do is go play a game with PVP already in it, like the one you mentioned, rather than saying things that honestly make zero sense. PVP was in Maple for a while, but it obviously didn't work since it was removed.

And as I said in my previous post, if you want a good challenge, there are plenty of other games out there where you can challenge others or yourself.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    :( I actually liked PvP back when they had it lol. But that was when there were way fewer classes and skills were a bit more tame (also damage gap wasn't near as large at that point, IIRC - people are saying it went to poop in Unleashed?). Think it was about the time the original three resistance classes came out? I remember the trailer showing an Aran and a Dual Blade.

Now skills and damage are crazy and it'd probably be really imbalanced. Something along the lines of The Legends Return seems to be the closest we'll ever get lol. Playing as hero classes with set damage and HP and such.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

:( I actually liked PvP back when they had it lol. But that was when there were way fewer classes and skills were a bit more tame (also damage gap wasn't near as large at that point, IIRC - people are saying it went to poop in Unleashed?). Think it was about the time the original three resistance classes came out? I remember the trailer showing an Aran and a Dual Blade.

Now skills and damage are crazy and it'd probably be really imbalanced. Something along the lines of The Legends Return seems to be the closest we'll ever get lol. Playing as hero classes with set damage and HP and such.
    I remember playing PvP, I did like it because it was decent EXP...but I really don't see it being a viable option...especially due to extreme funding differences these days. (a 200 vs a 200 with all dah FUNDZ for example...the not funded 200 would be crushed) unless they put a completely different formula in PvP to keep the damage similar for everyone.