[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is Breakthough going to be extended?

Andrew81Andrew81
Reactions: 1,110
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I'm currently at 197 on my Cadena and I was going to level to 200 on the last day, but right now there is maintance. I was wondering if they are going to extend the event so I can get my rewards. I cant find anything about the subject currently, so I thought I'd make this.
Sherri

Comments

• bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited December 2017
    I would bet on them not extending it.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I hope there is too. Because of this event, I'm gonna have my first level 200 character LOL
    YinYangXPlayer1
  • FuryflameFuryflame
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Nexoned every time. So many people were gonna clutch getting to 200 including me on last day before reset.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Personally don't think Nexon should have to extend (and yes, I'm not someone who did Breakthrough so hold my opinion against me if you want). An update preview was released and with all the new events that start today, it should have been expected that they'd have at least some maintenance. Planning to make do a "clutch" 200 on the last day just looks like poor planning/laziness to me.
    bootlicker
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Personally don't think Nexon should have to extend (and yes, I'm not someone who did Breakthrough so hold my opinion against me if you want). An update preview was released and with all the new events that start today, it should have been expected that they'd have at least some maintenance. Planning to make do a "clutch" 200 on the last day just looks like poor planning/laziness to me.

So people having lives/work and not being able to train 24 hours a day makes them lazy...? :| The post time of the update would be 4am EST, or 1am PST, which is really not a time to expect most people to be awake, and as such, I would definitely expect the game to be running when I got home from said job with having no prior knowledge of an update. They should be posting update times more than 24 hours before it is scheduled to happen, so that people like the OP have the time/information to make changes.

And this is coming from someone who has already finished training a Cadena to 200. Nexon has a bad habit of communicating things unclearly/ in an untimely fashion. OP, I sincerely doubt they are going to extend it (because that would be the logical thing for good customer service, aka, Nexon's definitely going to do the opposite). Sorry to hear you're getting Nexowned. :'(
    SherriTerrorBlader
  • TerrorBladerTerrorBlader
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2017

As someone who is close to 200 with Breakthrough, I will hold your opinion against you. My "poor planning/laziness" is due to random channel kicks, non-active Bounty /Inferno Portals when moving to a different map to grind, and the already annoying hackers hoarding Maple Points at Twilight Perion. An extension for a single mini-game when they know that there is an ongoing event like the Breakthrough event is like not paying the pizza delivery guy because it took the customer 3-5 minutes to open the f**king door.

EDIT: WAS close to 200, I'm quitting because of this. Seriously a second "unscheduled" maintenance on the last hour. Whatever, I am now 100% certain I will not be returning to this game ever again anymore.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    It was peaceful in Twilight Perion for me, but then again I was on a low pop. channel on GRAZED.
    I could of done better than level 183 but I don't know anybody who could help me level up.
    Now with this step up requiring you to have friends or randoms.. sigh.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I don't think the event was long enough personally..
    Vimi
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Mira wrote: »

So people having lives/work and not being able to train 24 hours a day makes them lazy...? :| The post time of the update would be 4am EST, or 1am PST, which is really not a time to expect most people to be awake, and as such, I would definitely expect the game to be running when I got home from said job with having no prior knowledge of an update. They should be posting update times more than 24 hours before it is scheduled to happen, so that people like the OP have the time/information to make changes.

And this is coming from someone who has already finished training a Cadena to 200. Nexon has a bad habit of communicating things unclearly/ in an untimely fashion. OP, I sincerely doubt they are going to extend it (because that would be the logical thing for good customer service, aka, Nexon's definitely going to do the opposite). Sorry to hear you're getting Nexowned. :'(

No, so are you claiming it takes "24 hours of training a day" to finish this event? Then this event was truly for people with no lives.
    I said, "Planning to make do a 'clutch' 200 on the last day just looks like poor planning/laziness to me". I don't how you or the other people who got jipped because of this maintenance go about scheduling long term plans/projects, but pretty sure planning on a full day's of work on the last day with minimal leeway is rarely a good idea in real life.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    I found the breakthrough event pretty easy. And I even clutched it the last day. I will say that it was unfortunate that Nexon didn't reveal the 200 event for Cadena and Illium, but even I knew that it was silly to try finishing the event on the last day. Not to mention there's always maintenances on Wednesday. I personally find it hard to believe that you didn't have enough time throughout the entire course of the event. Even just an hour or two a day could get you to 200, and if you didn't have enough time to do that, I'm not sure why you attempted it in the first place.
    YinYangX
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    No, so are you claiming it takes "24 hours of training a day" to finish this event? Then this event was truly for people with no lives.
    I said, "Planning to make do a 'clutch' 200 on the last day just looks like poor planning/laziness to me". I don't how you or the other people who got jipped because of this maintenance go about scheduling long term plans/projects, but pretty sure planning on a full day's of work on the last day with minimal leeway is rarely a good idea in real life.
    I found the breakthrough event pretty easy. And I even clutched it the last day. I will say that it was unfortunate that Nexon didn't reveal the 200 event for Cadena and Illium, but even I knew that it was silly to try finishing the event on the last day. Not to mention there's always maintenances on Wednesday. I personally find it hard to believe that you didn't have enough time throughout the entire course of the event. Even just an hour or two a day could get you to 200, and if you didn't have enough time to do that, I'm not sure why you attempted it in the first place.

Again, people have lives and things they need to do. For the first week and a half of the event I was unable to do any training during the week because of my job, and my first weekend was booked with other things. If the op had have known that there was going to be a patch that lasted that long, they could have made the decision to stay up and do it, but instead got screwed by a somewhat surprise patch, especially one of that length. The last 4-5 patches have started way earlier in the day and finished way earlier, giving someone time to do it - this one started 3pm EST, which is when I get home from work typically, and went right through the reset. Again, when you're announcing these things at 3am EST, I think it's unreasonable to expect someone to wake up and check Maple in the morning to see if there's been a patch announced.

I was fortunate enough to be able to marathon through the last weekend with the 2x events. Some people's lives/schedules don't revolve around playing MapleStory. Again, I don't think asking for 24 hours notice that a patch is going to happen is even remotely unreasonable; had the op had that information, they could have chosen to either press on or give up, but to get screwed by something out of their control is really not cool. Just because you can devote 1-2 hours a day to the game doesn't mean everyone can. ;)
    Sherri
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Again, people have lives and things they need to do. For the first week and a half of the event I was unable to do any training during the week because of my job, and my first weekend was booked with other things. If the op had have known that there was going to be a patch that lasted that long, they could have made the decision to stay up and do it, but instead got screwed by a somewhat surprise patch, especially one of that length. The last 4-5 patches have started way earlier in the day and finished way earlier, giving someone time to do it - this one started 3pm EST, which is when I get home from work typically, and went right through the reset. Again, when you're announcing these things at 3am EST, I think it's unreasonable to expect someone to wake up and check Maple in the morning to see if there's been a patch announced.

I was fortunate enough to be able to marathon through the last weekend with the 2x events. Some people's lives/schedules don't revolve around playing MapleStory. Again, I don't think asking for 24 hours notice that a patch is going to happen is even remotely unreasonable; had the op had that information, they could have chosen to either press on or give up, but to get screwed by something out of their control is really not cool. Just because you can devote 1-2 hours a day to the game doesn't mean everyone can. ;)

So basically you're saying Nexon should now accommodate each individual's circumstance. Okay, wait, let me message Nexon and tell them to not do any event during December cause students usually have finals around then. Or put off the New Year's Countdown shop 1 day cause most people will be celebrating with their families.
    >.>
    Like I said, people shouldn't plan on trying to "clutch" finish events on the last day. Not saying Nexon's being all "hunky dori" by not posting maintenance notice earlier, but the fact most people are complaining and want 24 more hours for the 4 hours they took from the last day seems a bit asking for too much because they knew they weren't going to make it and just are trying to take advantage of it.

Lol, yes, some people's lives don't revolve around the game, but pretty sure most the people complaining are people who want rewards without having to put in the proper effort. Most of the time, the people I notice who ask for event extensions are the same people over and over again, the ones who don't bother properly pacing the event out and don't plan for any leeway and then when they can they just blame Nexon for something and complain for an extension.

Idk how long or the cumulative time it actually takes to get to 200, but I doubt "1-2 hours a day" can do it, and if you can't do because of irl or if you're barely going to make , then you shouldn't try to do it in the first place or not blame someone else because you left no room for mistakes or set backs.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    So basically you're saying Nexon should now accommodate each individual's circumstance. Okay, wait, let me message Nexon and tell them to not do any event during December cause students usually have finals around then. Or put off the New Year's Countdown shop 1 day cause most people will be celebrating with their families.
    >.>
    Like I said, people shouldn't plan on trying to "clutch" finish events on the last day. Not saying Nexon's being all "hunky dori" by not posting maintenance notice earlier, but the fact most people are complaining and want 24 more hours for the 4 hours they took from the last day seems a bit asking for too much because they knew they weren't going to make it and just are trying to take advantage of it.

Lol, yes, some people's lives don't revolve around the game, but pretty sure most the people complaining are people who want rewards without having to put in the proper effort. Most of the time, the people I notice who ask for event extensions are the same people over and over again, the ones who don't bother properly pacing the event out and don't plan for any leeway and then when they can they just blame Nexon for something and complain for an extension.

No, I'm saying Nexon should provide 24 hours notice. That's all I've said since the very first post. I'm not sure where you're pulling all these random inferences and scenarios from, but they're certainly not from me. :|

And again, just because you have the time and luxury to plan to have an event be done before the 'clutch' period doesn't mean everyone else does. The OP was 197 - 4 hours is more than enough time to make it to 200. And I'm not sure how this really involves effort - regardless if you did in two days like me, or two weeks like you suggest to do, you've fulfilled the requirements of the event.

Either way, as I've stated several times before, all I think should/needs to come of this thread is that Nexon is more proactive about posting update times so that players can make properly informed decisions, especially when time-sensitive events are on the line (and/or don't release events with an end-date that corresponds with a server check/patch day (usually Wed/Thurs)).
    Sherrininestrokesyukimori
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    No, I'm saying Nexon should provide 24 hours notice. That's all I've said since the very first post. I'm not sure where you're pulling all these random inferences and scenarios from, but they're certainly not from me. :|

And again, just because you have the time and luxury to plan to have an event be done before the 'clutch' period doesn't mean everyone else does. The OP was 197 - 4 hours is more than enough time to make it to 200. And I'm not sure how this really involves effort - regardless if you did in two days like me, or two weeks like you suggest to do, you've fulfilled the requirements of the event.

Either way, as I've stated several times before, all I think should/needs to come of this thread is that Nexon is more proactive about posting update times so that players can make properly informed decisions, especially when time-sensitive events are on the line (and/or don't release events with an end-date that corresponds with a server check/patch day (usually Wed/Thurs)).

There are some issues that need to be dealt with sooner rather than later. We've had issues with window's updates, people not being able to log in, including the entirety of Luna, and this most recent maintenance with one of the largest exploits in a while. Unfortunately the issues aren't going to wait patiently for 24 hours, and neither are any of the players. While it'd be nice to have warning, it's not something that should be expected in these cases.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    There are some issues that need to be dealt with sooner rather than later. We've had issues with window's updates, people not being able to log in, including the entirety of Luna, and this most recent maintenance with one of the largest exploits in a while. Unfortunately the issues aren't going to wait patiently for 24 hours, and neither are any of the players. While it'd be nice to have warning, it's not something that should be expected in these cases.

Well of course, but we're not talking about unscheduled maintenance, we're talking about scheduled game updates (which you, yourself, mentioned happen on Wednesdays). If it were unscheduled, I'd absolutely expect them to extend the event depending on the length of the outage. But for a scheduled game update, those things don't just come out of the blue, and as such, I would think 24 hours notice should not be in the least bit an impractical demand.
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited December 2017
    they should have extanded it.. why? cuz it was supposed to end on the 14th of december at 23:59 pm... but it ended 4 hours early cuz they decided to do a maintaince than instead of doing it after the december 14th events were supposed to end. also in thos 2 weeks they gave us fot this specific even they had like 2 or 3 unscheduled updates that lasted about 3-5 hours.. plus the regular update they do on thursdays..
    which means they took away at least 2 days from the event with all those. yeas they had to fix some bags and things but they should have consider that people dont play 24/7 and that we have lives, work school and more..
    so yeah they should have extanded it or make it till tommorow before illium comes out. but they dont care so much and they always do it: ending events before the time that they stated.. and look now... another update.... in a week maple has like 4 maintaincens that goes even as long as 10+ hours in some cases.
    yeah they work hard but they dont loos anything for being more generous to the players in events that are tight in time by their decision...
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    I was gonna hop on before tomorrow cuz' I finally had a decently thought out name for my Illium and SURPRISE!
    Maintenance.
    I can see it already; I won't be able to get on quick enough because of this UTC crap.. sigh..
    A game shouldn't make me stress out. A game is supposed to make somebody feel happy and like they are having fun.
    What gives, Nexon?
  • TeyuTeyu
    Reactions: 575
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    I was gonna hop on before tomorrow cuz' I finally had a decently thought out name for my Illium and SURPRISE!
    Maintenance.

A decent name? Is that even possible?
  • BigBlackCannoneerBigBlackCannoneer
    Reactions: 650
    edited December 2017
    jezus FFing christ people.
    can't we just agree that it was a **** move from nexon and that they fucked over a lot of people?
    cuzz it seems like that sums up everytinhg that was trying to be said with this thread.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

No, so are you claiming it takes "24 hours of training a day" to finish this event?
    So people having lives/work and not being able to train 24 hours a day
    >.>
    people have lives and things they need to do.
    I doubt "1-2 hours a day" can do it
    Just because you can devote 1-2 hours a day to the game doesn't mean everyone can. ;)

These "random inferences and scenarios" are replies to claims/the things you've said about why Nexon needs to extend the event, so no, they are certainly from you.
    Yes, people have lives outside of Maplestory, so do I (despite whatever you may think), but that doesn't mean that Nexon needs to accommodate for them. If you make the choice to sleep early and then do something on the game later because you need to sleep for work/school, that's your choice. Given, yes, if you know that there's maintenance during your planned time, you might decide to skip sleep so you can finish the event instead, but then isn't that putting the game before your irl since you're giving up sleep for the game? Sounds like "making the game your life", even for just a small part.
    Not saying every does have that luxury, just saying that if you plan to clutch finish, don't get upset if things don't go you way in a plan that's high stress and little leeway. (Extreme example: only way you can pass a class is you get a 100% on the final, possible, but difficult to achieve and chances of not working)
    I didn't know/realize that 4hrs was enough for 3 high lvl, and I apologize for my ignorance.
    Maybe saying "lazy" wasn't the proper term, again apologizes. I mainly said that because I remember a thread where the op wanted TakeOver (same thing as SuperNova) to be extended by a week and when I did the math, it showed that he didn't even bother trying to do half the boxes (and it's just my word, but that guy legitimately was just whining and saying "give me boxes") and mainly, I've been wary against people asking for extension because of that, which yes, is unfair and I apologize for that.

Isn't the point of the having it end on a patch so they can remove it during the patch/maintenance, cause that's the only time everyone will be off and they can edit the code?