[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New burning characters?

Spo0nIsBACKSpo0nIsBACK
Reactions: 300
edited December 2017 in General Chat
How is it fair that the people that "Hurt" by the packet hack, get a new burning character AND get to keep the old ones. (The might be just doing it to themselves to get a boost on another account).

And why do the people, like me, that play legitimatly not get another burning character. Wouldn't it be fair to just give everyone another one? Because now it feels like people that tried to cheat their way through leveling get perks over people that played fair.

I don't know if it's just me but I think this is a weird solution. NOT SAYING THAT PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THE HACK WE'RE DOING IT THEMSELVES, but they do get an advantage now which is kind of unfair.

Comments

• ArcoArco
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited December 2017
    Everyone does gets another burning character. You'll notice a prompt to create another burning character at the selection screen.
  • Spo0nIsBACKSpo0nIsBACK
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    Arco wrote: »
    Everyone does gets another burning character. You'll notice a prompt to create another burning character at the selection screen.

I don't..
  • LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2017
    How is it fair that the people that "Hurt" by the packet hack, get a new burning character AND get to keep the old ones. (The might be just doing it to themselves to get a boost on another account).

And why do the people, like me, that play legitimatly not get another burning character. Wouldn't it be fair to just give everyone another one? Because now it feels like people that tried to cheat their way through leveling get perks over people that played fair.

I don't know if it's just me but I think this is a weird solution. NOT SAYING THAT PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THE HACK WE'RE DOING IT THEMSELVES, but they do get an advantage now which is kind of unfair.

did you burn a character earlier?
  • SynneSynne
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    The real question should be, why did they take away my burning when I've never used any hacks for anything. I now have a 110 non burning, when I did nothing wrong. I've invested too much time to recreate her.....
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Synne wrote: »
    The real question should be, why did they take away my burning when I've never used any hacks for anything. I now have a 110 non burning, when I did nothing wrong. I've invested too much time to recreate her.....

Because the hack messed up the burning system and caused you (and many others) to have multiple burning characters.
    It would have taken far too long for Nexon to figure out which burning characters were "real", so they chose to removing burning from all characters on accounts that had multiple burning chars.
    So you'll have to level that char from 110 to 150 the slow way. But on the plus side, you get to burn another character to 150, if you wish.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    well, i have free legion now, but this is just a big hassle for players
  • csmpcsmp
    Reactions: 850
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    just grind, I grined my ass off, to get to level 200, no burning, just hours and hours of long grinding, It will pay off,
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    i have to delete the same character i deleted to remake as burning, to re burn after this little stunt. 24 hours waiting. they shouldve at least removed the restriction that it has to be a newly created character, so we can burn the same one we had burned.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    i have to delete the same character i deleted to remake as burning, to re burn after this little stunt. 24 hours waiting. they shouldve at least removed the restriction that it has to be a newly created character, so we can burn the same one we had burned.

-stares at my Illium- boy i wish i coudl burn you...but nah, Im stuck burning an explorer (again, just this time its a warrior)
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I'm ironically burning a Blaze Wizard.
    Somehow wasn't affected by this, still has burning status.
    Probably since I didn't log on yesterday lol
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited December 2017
    If they must have removed all burning from all characters then they should allow you to delete that old burning character with out that 24 hr wait on it. It wouldn't be a huge issue if they just removed that wait time or shorten to something more reasonable than a day. Most burning characters are used for link mules or legion mules anyway. So it would only be fair to allow us to remake it with out any negative affects against us.
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited December 2017
    csmp wrote: »
    just grind, I grined my ass off, to get to level 200, no burning, just hours and hours of long grinding, It will pay off,

Then why have a burning event at all then? Yes, one could just grind as it's not really that hard to lvl in this game anymore. However, it's just annoying since it's an unnecessary fix that Nexon chose to do bc they decided to half ass and be lazy about it. it would be like if they decided to just roll back the game due to a bug that happened instead of taking time to find a legit fix to the problem. An easy fix would have either be allow to reburn that character in game. Such as give a pop up that says do you want to reburn this character as it has been unburn due to a recent exploit? or just remove that awful 24 hr cool down and allow us to delete that character and remake it from scratch. Most of time these burn characters are just mules anyway. No need for us to waste time grinding the long way when we have our mains to play.