[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please do something about that deletion CD.

JointJoint
Reactions: 1,205
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Seriously...either remove that whole 24 hr cool down for deleting characters or change it to something more reasonable. With hiccups like the recent exploit with the burning characters it just ruins everything. Not only does it make you waste time lvling up that burning character, but now you have to waste another day waiting on that stupid cd to finish in order to remake it. I understand the reasons why this "protection" is in place as it's to either save you from hackers deleting your characters or for personal fault of your own when trying to delete a character. However, this "protection" does really no good in saving your account from hackers as hackers can find other ways to ruin your account. Their are also other ways you can protect the player from being dumb and deleting there own characters as well. Have multiple pop ups stating are you are sure you want to delete this or have you enter your pic twice for confirmation would solve this issue easily. If a player still ends up deleting there own characters accidentally after multiple confirmations then that's all on there own. One would hope someone's not that stupid to realize that they are going to do something that they will regret after.

Yes, waiting on a day isn't a huge deal as you can play your other characters in the mean time, but it's just an unnecessary annoyance that does more harm than good in my opinion. If you still choose to decide to keep this unnecessary process in deleting characters then implement it another way that won't be so detrimental to your account. Have certain time frames for different level milestones would be a much better idea. It's a lot more reasonable to have a 24 hr cd on a lvl 200-250 character than it is to have one on a lvl 100-150 character for instance. To me it should be no cd time from lvls 1-49. From lvls 50-99 it should no more than 6hrs. From lvls 100-149 no more than 12 hrs and from Lvls 200-250 a 24 hr cd wouldn't be that big of a deal since you most likely won't be deleting one of those characters in the first place. I think this would be a much more reasonable way to go about it than to just have a 24 hr cd from characters lvl 31+. Don't you think?
  1. Should Nexon adjust the deletion cd process or not?10 votes
    1. Yes, Just remove the cd all together. No need to have any cd as it doesn't really help.
       20% (2 votes)
    2. No, keep the cd as I feel a sense of "protection" or a "saving grace" for that long time frame.
       20% (2 votes)
    3. Yes, Just adjust the cd time frame per character lvl milestone. This would be more fitting.
       60% (6 votes)

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2017
    If you saved your name on a low lvl character the cool down has been removed since Cadena...where have you been?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    If you saved your name on a low lvl character the cool down has been removed since Cadena...where have you been?

You really didn't understand the main point of the post. With the burning event it's very unlikely the character he had was under 30. While I disagree with removing the cd, and tedious as it is, it's unfortunate that so many people had to remake their burning characters.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    tbf just keep the unburned character and get it to 100 so you can open the box

free legion mate
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited December 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »

No duh. I already know that you can delete a character on a char 30 or under. That wasn't my point. My point is to either remove the stupid cd all together from all lvls or at least adjust it to it's not so tedious when wanting to play another class and needed to make room. Especially with BS fixes like the burning event where as it was removed when your char is most likely over lvl 30. Yes, it's not a big deal to level up the long way as it's not even that long anymore to lvl up but again that's not the point. We still shouldn't be hurt in the process for them fixing some hacker's exploits. It's a lazy fix to just unburn all chars and not allowing to reburn that same char.
    tnyzng wrote: »
    tbf just keep the unburned character and get it to 100 so you can open the box

free legion mate

Again that's not the point. I don't want to have a character stay at lvl 100 just for a free legion. I wanted to get that character to lvl 140+ for a S rank legion and finish up the link skill. Yes, not a huge deal to lvl up from 100-140/150 the slow way, but it's unnecessary to not allow you to reburn that character that Nexon decided to be lazy and unburn everyone's chars instead of finding a legit fix to the exploit. Allowing us to delete the character with out a long ass cd or allowing us to reburn that character would have been a better fix to this crap. I would like to play my main character again with out having to spend an extra few hours grinding it to the lvl I wanted. With the burning event it would have taken me half the time it would have grinding the slow way.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2017
    I'm just not in the same boat as the new characters can't be burned and I don't need any other characters. I save my names on connected servers on low characters that I can just delete. Sorry the hacker burning thing happened.