[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Logged on to my illium and...

KrimlockKrimlock
Reactions: 1,840
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So much STORY!!!!!!!! been a long time sense i have been this invested in a class from story alone!

Comments

• kthxkthx
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2017
    Yeah.... and the Illium freaking sucks... terrible class at bossing, damage is extremely terrible... low HP the main skill is this Crystal that you need to place down every time you change the way your Character is facing... otherwise the main attack is only used to fill up the Crystal so that it sends out a big burst of damage to monsters near it...
    Link Skill sucks to... Got my Illium level 88 got bored and went afk to have lunch at a Pizza place came home and awaiting for server reset so I can put my link skills back on my main and AFK in Henesys to look cool.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    yeah, the class wasnt as explosive as cadena, but a decent story
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    I really like Illium...it reminds me of luminous, except with what I have dubbed..."The Almighty DPS Rock". Almighty dps rock, bless me wif your dps powers.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2017
    Mine has been sitting at 72 for over a day now...just not a big fan of the mechanics of this character, really.
    Also, there are currently disconnect bugs with the skills, and people were reporting a strange message from it at server choice screen.
    Just gonna chill on my main(s) and collect nova coins for now. Cadena was lit. Illium is meh.
  • ToymakerToymaker
    Reactions: 1,530
    edited December 2017
    Have not played Cadena. I was about to sleep during the Illium grind to 100 although I did somewhat enjoy the story that came with Illium and his gang. Not much but still nice to see interactions or attempts at story telling during those job advancements.

I was snoozing during the grind because the Step Up Event was hell. 4th job Illium is pretty nice though. Feels like a wind archer mage. lmao
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2017
    yeah, the class wasnt as explosive as cadena, but a decent story

That's ironic considering pre-cadena launch everyone was hyped about Illium
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Ilium and his story and gameplay are pretty cool but the only thing making me crazy is the skill cast delay.
    Dang you can't even use potions during the delay.
    BaydenN
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    I have no clue why everyone is having problems with the class x_x i have had a BLAST with it i just literally let the crystal ball do whatever as i spam my other skills till i get to a boss then place it on them (even mobile bosses like hilla&magnus and machina just pulls them back in XD) and i can get Wings of Glory in like 20-30 seconds from last activation by crystal charges (4th job makes this class a god in mobbing) just need a pet for heals or activate the 15 tick heal. (which i have for free and will soon have another)

Only 1 slight problem i get WoG so fast that im to scared to activate deus >.< cause of DC bug when deus is active when you activate WoG.

Other than that the class is great, the combat is great (dont understand what people are talking about skill delay maybe i dont notice it idk O.o?) the story is great also screw that person in your group you know who it is the dingus that _______!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2017
    I'm indifferent about Illium. While im not as bored as i thought i'd be, his style of play definitely doesn't appeal to me. Will admit he's extremely easy to level up though.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    It took me a bit to learn how to work the skills (I learn better from actually doing it, compared to being told how to do it from somebody).
    I'm only level er.. 40 something.. and I really enjoy playing Illium.
    Cadena was more fun IMO, but I like Illium a whole lot. Not to mention he is my first male character that I'm actually putting effort into.

Plus after getting the crystal and the job advancement, i just had to switch back to the old hair he had.
    HE IS SHOOO ADORABLE THE WAY HE WAS
    He looks like such a little nerd, it's soo cuuute!

I'm gonna be honest, I reacted the same way to Francis too.
    I remember when I first joined the game and made a Phantom.
    I had to fight him and I remember being like 'NOO why do I have to fight him?! He's adorable with his little puppets!'
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    It took me a bit to learn how to work the skills (I learn better from actually doing it, compared to being told how to do it from somebody).
    Cadena was more fun IMO, but I like Illium a whole lot. Not to mention he is my first male character that I'm actually putting effort into.

Plus after getting the crystal and the job advancement, i just had to switch back to the old hair he had.

I had to fight him and I remember being like 'NOO why do I have to fight him?! He's adorable with his little puppets!'

Wait wait, you can switch his hair back?! How can you do that?

I myself have been enjoying playing Illium. I find his play style to be quite interesting. I haven't gotten it to the point where I experience d/cing issues when using wings of Glory but that will probably be a sore spot for me if it's not fixed by the time I get to that point. Is Nexon aware of this issue and working on a fix?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017

I myself have been enjoying playing Illium. I find his play style to be quite interesting. I haven't gotten it to the point where I experience d/cing issues when using wings of Glory but that will probably be a sore spot for me if it's not fixed by the time I get to that point. Is Nexon aware of this issue and working on a fix?

I saved the hair before he transformed
    KingofrunesSherrininestrokes
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2017

I saved the hair before he transformed

Wish I thought of doing that. It's too late now D: Oh wells. Thanks for letting me know though.