[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nerf the broken classes or buff the weak classes

DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
Reactions: 910
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Legit blasters, xenons, db, night lord all need nerfs, the lower classes can't compete with that dps. Do you see how many lines db hits per sec? If they are allowed to do that they should have the %dmg nerfed or reduce the number of lines hit to at least half. I'm still waiting for kanna buffs, not sure why nexon thought it was a good idea to nerf them to start with. Like I said before, kannas are rank 41 out of 42 in terms of dps. You think that is fair???
SherriMaigoKuroll

Comments

• DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    edited December 2017
    Legit someone half my range does more dmg than me, and I am NOT weak at all
    WarmCha
    edited December 2017
    No I won't play a different class, then there's no class variation at all, you want to see that everyone is a db, xenon, blaster, nl?
  • ScreamingForHelpScreamingForHelp
    Reactions: 465
    edited December 2017
    LUL Nexon NA doesn't determine buffs and nerfs, no point asking here. Blaster, xenon, DB, NL changes all copypasted from KMS, nerfs and buffs are dependant on the KMS devs based on the people there. Kanna and Hayato nerfs/buffs don't come from GMS either, they come from JMS. Asking Nexon NA for reworks won't change anything.
    HYxuan
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    each class has its own thing. main, support and in between. they have already nerfed xenon. The dps classes are well dps classes, they have no other utility.
    The mistake you're making is comparing your damage to others'.
    Its2Sharp4USherrininestrokesPetalmagicMageOfBattlesTasteTheDoom
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    For low DPS classes such as Kanna, Beast Tamer and Mihile, their casting animation could be shortened so that more attacks can be done in that period of time. Another possibility is to rework the skills and passives so their are "stronger."

Kanna
    -Increase attack speed, attack range and damage of Shikigami Haunting
    -Return Haku's Blessing to its previous pre-nerfed state
    -Increase attack speed and damage for Kishin Shoukan

Beast Tamer
    -Make it possible to have a primary animal and secondary animal or have multiple animals attack at once (really needs major thinking)

Mihile
    -Increase number or attacks dealt by Radiant Cross as well as shortening its casting animation

These are some rough ideas for skill changes. Nerfing other classes isn't going to benefit your main class at all.
    MaigoSherri
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Wha why should blaster be nerfed.
    Do you even have ever played one.
    Do you know freaking hard it is to archieve the damage.
    You can get carpal tunnel syndrome from the combos.
    edited December 2017
    Yes I have played a blaster before they are too strong, also this isn't league we don't have support roles, every hero must be able to stand for themselves as a bosser
    edited December 2017
    Yes I have played a blaster before they are too strong, also this isn't league we don't have support roles, every hero must be able to stand for themselves as a bosser

That's where you're wrong pal. If there weren't support roles, the support classes wouldn't have part buff skills. Every class can be bossers, DPS classes are recruited when the boss is time sensitive.

PS: League of Legends came out about 6 years after Maplestory, so there's that.
    QuickDrawer
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2017
    Are you really comparing the number in ''Stat attack''? Do you have any idea how inflated this is for some jobs? Like for Dual Blade that you listed, he have a lot of final damage, but if you see his damage, isn't as high as it seens, if all you see is Stat Attack and Lines, yo better quit your currently class(pretty sure damage isn't dependent on lines... and ONLY Stat Attack/rang).

If you play Mercedes, remember she is really mobilile compared to most jobs, and she still getting buffs since he was so weak some months/ a year ago, Kanna i don't know how weak she is, it's a job not from KMS, so any balance will take a while, nerfing all jobs isn't a good way to balance ONE class that you play and expect to be like Blaster who is totally focused on Damage per Second, he's hard to get 100% of the damage all the time since you need skill and consistent, you can't compare to Kanna.....

NL isn't that strong, maybe you are weaker than most NL so they seens powerfull, but they already got plenty of nerfs since 5job(i guess), Xenon is suposed to be strong, aside that his lategame make him really strong so it's also hard to compare(besides the cost to make good equips for this class).
    edited December 2017
    Every class late game should be strong enough to do the endgame bosses else the balancing isn't fair
    edited December 2017
    Every class late game should be strong enough to do the endgame bosses else the balancing isn't fair

Most if not all classes can solo bosses now a days after the V update and matrix system.
    edited December 2017
    yea but the range/stat needed for those are completely different, they should be similar. You dont see Kanna doing cra at 1-2m clean. I'm trying to say that funding should be even for all classes
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    I don't think any of the characters mentioned really need nerfed. I'd actually consider NL to be one of the more balanced classes and that Nexon should look to bringing other weaker classes up to par with NLs.

I was considering making a Let's Review thread(s) for classes and potentially the game state where I discuss how I feel about the classes; what it does well, what it does poorly and what changes I think should be made to enhance the player experience. However, I don't think I'll have the time to get all of that written down before the year's end.

I think we should have a subform in the suggestion area with topics dedicated to each class, thereby keeping things fairly organized. Initial post would be by a VFM who would maintain the topic, then they would either add links to posts or a short description of posts made to the main topic, to create a more digestible list that can be forwarded. The could also have a second post of changes that have been implemented, under consideration or rejected (hopefully with some reasoning from Nexon). Obviously, that would be a lot of work, and I doubt such changes would be made.
    Sherrininestrokes
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    No class should be nerfed. If anything, the weaker ones should be strengthened.
    Even then, some classes rely on DPS but have weaker stats.
    Some have more final damage to help them hold their ground.
    And yes, some have better raw damage output.

I'm not an expert on damage myself. I get excited to see my characters break just the 100k range.
    I at least think I have a grasp on it.
    ninestrokes
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited December 2017
    LUL Nexon NA doesn't determine buffs and nerfs, no point asking here. Blaster, xenon, DB, NL changes all copypasted from KMS, nerfs and buffs are dependant on the KMS devs based on the people there. Kanna and Hayato nerfs/buffs don't come from GMS either, they come from JMS. Asking Nexon NA for reworks won't change anything.

pretty much this. GMS has little control over balancing out.
    But the question is can you even blaster man? I dont think there are many who can actually play blaster properly.
    so no complaint but I agree with you that the rest classes you mentioned need to be nerfed. (Db is not that op class btw)
  • TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited December 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    For low DPS classes such as Kanna, Beast Tamer and Mihile, their casting animation could be shortened so that more attacks can be done in that period of time. Another possibility is to rework the skills and passives so their are "stronger."

Kanna
    -Increase attack speed, attack range and damage of Shikigami Haunting
    -Return Haku's Blessing to its previous pre-nerfed state
    -Increase attack speed and damage for Kishin Shoukan

Beast Tamer
    -Make it possible to have a primary animal and secondary animal or have multiple animals attack at once (really needs major thinking)

Mihile
    -Increase number or attacks dealt by Radiant Cross as well as shortening its casting animation

These are some rough ideas for skill changes. Nerfing other classes isn't going to benefit your main class at all.

The attack range for shikigami haunting is fine
    edited December 2017
    The haku's blessing is the biggest thing that needs a buff right now
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    The haku's blessing is the biggest thing that needs a buff right now

Definitely agreed, another reason I wish that they would listen to us.
    If they would bring back Pre-Nerf Haku's Blessing and make it a self only buff, all our problems would be solved.
    Is it really that hard, Nexon?
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited January 2018
    agree, i dont think nexon will make balance changes tho because they take balance from kms, however did anyone try to play pirates recently Corsairs are unplayable :P
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Wish they would just buff weaker classes when they do rebalancing, rather than nerf stronger classes. Also only really BT, Jett, and Kanna are lacking in damage. You could eventually do all the bosses with every other class.

Even within this list Kanna is the most noticeably weaker, for the BT the higher the level you get the more noticeable it is, and Jett just feels like a pre revamp explorer.