[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

REGION-LOCK RESTRICTIONS REMOVED?

todayYoudieetodayYoudiee
Reactions: 885
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Hi,

I am a brazilian player of MapleStory, as a old player I can access the game with no restrictions because I have a really old account from ealier 2008.
I know Brazilians are supposed to play the European Version of the game, but the merge is about to hit our beloved game and after that there will be no restrictions for us, here in Brazil.
However, after the today's big update, I received some report by friends that something turned off on Nexon side and we, here in brazil can now access the game with no restrictions.
I tried to contact the support section via live-chat but they don't know anything about this, theres none information about this internal nor official.
I don't know where else to go to find more informations about this, we have here TWO scenarios:
1. they meant to release the IP-block and failed to anounce it or choose to not do.
2. it's a glitch and this shouldn't be happening

I made a new mule account and tried to enter in the game and it does work, I can access the game right now, I wonder if there's any European user in this forum that could try to log-in game in a brand new account and confirm it?

If any community manager or ADM can get this topic to the apropriated section I appreciate. this don't really affects me but it does affect some friends and ppl in a personal community about maplestory that i run on Facebook.

Thanks ya'll
Matahary

Comments

• todayYoudieetodayYoudiee
    edited October 2016
    up
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited October 2016
    I would like to know the reason behind this lift on IP blockade, too. This also applies to Vietnam.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    well i guess EMS players will raid Reboot now

thats the thing 90% of them even cared about anyway.
    edited October 2016
    PonPon
    PonPon said:

I would like to know the reason behind this lift on IP blockade, too. This also applies to Vietnam.
    Can you confirm that Vietnan ppl are abble to get in online?
  • PonPonPonPon
    edited October 2016
    todayYoudiee

Yes, I can confirm it myself. My friends are now able to log in with Vietnam IP, too.
    edited October 2016
    PonPon
    PonPon said:

todayYoudiee

Yes, I can confirm it myself. My friends are now able to log in with Vietnam IP, too.
    well, I don't think this is meant then, maybe a bug. Viet ppl as far as i know are completely blocked, thanks for the heads up
  • outlawedoutlawed
    Reactions: 305
    edited October 2016
    Summon @KThxBaiNao xD
  • PonPonPonPon
    edited October 2016
    todayYoudiee

PonPon
    PonPon said:

todayYoudiee

well, I don't think this is meant then, maybe a bug. Viet ppl as far as i know are completely blocked, thanks for the heads up
    Only accounts created before 7/2/2008 are able to play GMS from Vietnam. It is the same as Brazilian's. This could be an erroneous lift for Vietnam as Brazilian are joining with EMS and EMS is going to be migrated.

However, I've sent quite a big number of tickets asking for lifting Vietnam's IP blockade (I even made a survey to strengthen my request). And they said they will release Vietnamese IP in the future, no date specified as they wanted to keep the information fair for everyone. If it's today, we are blessed! FOR SURE!
  • WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    can acces from europe aswell but you need to have created your account on the global site, our europe accounts are still blocked.
    edited October 2016
    Wiceak
    Wiceak said:

can acces from europe aswell but you need to have created your account on the global site, our europe accounts are still blocked.
    well it makes sense, since your account information still linked with the european database. well, it's been hours since this and yet nothing from Nexon, I hope they meant to do that because peopple here in brazil think they do, and are creating accounts and buying NX from the global's website....
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    outlawed
    outlawed said:

Summon @KThxBaiNao xD
    Good luck with that
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    Incoming waves of new players if the lift was real.
    P/s: Im not VN-ese tbh.
  • MataharyMatahary
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    • Regional IP blocks have been reapplied for certain regions that were incorrectly opened. from OneLetter.

Rip boys ;-;
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    just let everyone come back to maple. game needs more people anyways!
    chaoscauser
  • PonPonPonPon
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

just let everyone come back to maple. game needs more people anyways!
    Well, it's Nexon. They do as they pleased.
  • PonPonPonPon
    edited October 2016
    @todayYoudiee - can you log in the game without using any 3rd party program after the maintenance?
  • GanJaaazGanJaaaz
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    Wait, I was download the game I am from Colombia, I should be playing on European Maple?

God damn! Maybe a little heads-up on the launcher saying "hey you're not welecome here.. for now"