[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Falsely perma banned - Another one

BlazingEdgeBlazingEdge
Reactions: 410
edited January 2018 in General Chat
Greetings,
(Don't mind my writing, my first language is french canadian)

Yesterday, Jan.3rd, I got falsely perma banned for "suspicious activity" after 2 weeks of being "trade blocked" in-game. I am completely shattered and deeply dissapointed from the game I used to love and the company I used to drop my money on (NX).
https://ibb.co/m7OQMb

Player name: BlazingEdge
Server: Reboot

Here is an explanation of how it went down and hopefully I can get my case to be reviewed and get my account back. So, two weeks ago, after creation of my Illium character on Reboot, I logged in to find out that my account was "trade blocked", meaning I couldn't drop/sell anything from my inventory at this point. I tried sending a ticket (2) and live chat with a GM to know what was going on. I can't think of ANYTHING that could've granted me this sanction.

Here's some of the answers I got:
GM Qilltana December 28, 2017 15:51
Hello Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I apologize for the delayed reply. I'm sorry to hear that your account is not able to trade or drop items. A trading block was placed on your account due to suspicious activity. Unfortunately, the block will have to remain on the account while we investigate the issue. At this time, we do not have a timeline for the conclusion of the investigation, so I ask for your patience in the matter and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this causes you.

Though, we do assure everyone that if a player of ours isn't guilty of any malicious action against our game then we'll have their accounts free of the trade block as soon as we finish the investigations.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding towards this. Thank you and if by any chance you'll have other concerns or inquiries, you can always contact us again and we'll be more than willing to help you.
Sincerely,

GM Qilltana

The part where he says that player of ours isn't guilty will have their accounts free drives me completely nuts. I have been playing this game for a very long time, I've put alot of efforts and countless hours of grinding, all of this in a complete legitimate way. I am a member of the Eternal guild on Reboot, back at the opening of the server, I remember the guild leader (Punisher) coming into my maps very often to see if I was legit because I was a Blaze Wizard and they were known for "hacking" at the time. He rapidly acknowledge that I was totally legit and I played this class because it looked fun and the skills were vibrant and colourful. Some people even made a skill video about my character on YT because I was one of the few "legit" BW out there. Here's the link ->

Now, two days ago, after sending tickets twice, writing on the forum (http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/69040#Comment_69040) and chatting with a GM about the trade block, I ended up being perma banned. I don't have the conversation saved but all he was saying was that there were no inconsistency with Nexon's sanctionning methods, that there were no place for revoking the ban and asked for my deepest understanding. How on earth am I suppose to UNDERSTAND all of this? I read the code of conduct and read alot about false bans on reddit and MS forums. There's NOTHING I could've done that was against these terms.

I don't know what else to say, beside that I want my account back so badly. I have so much to lose from this account, why would I ever try to hack? Full Link skils, 6m in damage range, cosmetics, pets, nx,etc. Please, consider this, I am ready to provide anything that could help the investigation, but lift this false ban for god's sake..

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Pretty much the only response you'll get from forum is "forums arent a place to appeal a ban, submit a ticket" etc...

But yeah, a lot of people got perma banned recently, but also, some have just gotten unbanned because a senior GM got a hold of their case. So there is something going on that's being overlooked.
    BlazingEdgeTraveler5577carmenpop22
  • BlazingEdgeBlazingEdge
    edited January 2018
    Pretty much the only response you'll get from forum is "forums arent a place to appeal a ban, submit a ticket" etc...

But yeah, a lot of people got perma banned recently, but also, some have just gotten unbanned because a senior GM got a hold of their case. So there is something going on that's being overlooked.

I sent a ticket and linked this forum threah along with it. Hopefully it will get reviewed.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited January 2018
    Good Luck. I know many people are actually facing permabans because of the tradeblock. But if anything SavageAge is going to be like "these were the right course of action" hehehe xddddddddddddddddd. While the incompetent support releases hackers like it's nothing : ))
    BlazingEdgeCatooolooocarmenpop22
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2018

I sent a ticket and linked this forum threah along with it. Hopefully it will get reviewed.

i am sorry for your ban i been dealing with these cases for a while recording when i can these hackers and reporting them. I will do my best to help you and anyone else caught in the cross fire when i run for vfm. We will bring hope back to maple again.
    BlazingEdgecarmenpop22
  • BlazingEdgeBlazingEdge
    edited January 2018
    So after doing all in my power to make them review my case, all I get is this scripted message.I'm pretty sure he didn't even click the forum thread link. I'm tired of all this BS.

Can't believe what they are doing to me right now. :'(
    GM Leorinn Today at 02:30
    Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

Our records indicate this account was involved in a serious violation of our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. The account was banned for hacking. Due to the severity of this issue, this ban will remain in place on this account.

Please understand that all players are required to play by the rules. For further review of the rules, please read through our Terms of Use and Banning Guidelines.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Should you have any questions or concerns in regards to another issue, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket and include a detailed explanation.​
    Sincerely,

GM Leorinn
    Nexon America, Inc.

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Nexon America representatives will NEVER ask you for your password.
  • BunnyWriterBunnyWriter
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited January 2018
    Ask for proof
    SThe account was banned for hacking. Due to the severity of this issue, this ban will remain in place on this account.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/17734/on-pre-nova-bans-policy-and-treatment-of-users/p1
    you are not alone
    the GM's are dead </3
  • BlazingEdgeBlazingEdge
    edited January 2018
    GM Qilltana 5 janvier 2018 15:25
    Hi Mapler,​

Thank you for contacting Nexon America team.

This is GM Qilltana again and we have read and reviewed your forum thread. I understand your frustration regarding this matter. However, we cannot lift your penalty as this would be unfair to those who play Maplestory fairly. Please understand that all players are required to play by the rules. Please know that this sanction is based on thorough investigation which went multiple reviews and considerations before arriving at the conclusion. The sanction for the account will stand and irrevocable. Please be reminded that decision is final and we may not discuss any further regarding this issue.

For further review of the rules, please read through our Terms of Use. I wish I could provide you the exact details of the case but it's just that the specifics of the investigation cannot be disclosed. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Should you have any questions or concerns in regards to another issue, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket and include a detailed explanation.
    Sincerely,

GM Qilltana
    Nexon America Inc.

This is an unnaceptable response, how would this be unfair to other players if I'm playing the exact same way as everyone else. I won't let this go down the abyss, this is not irrevocable and I won't let all my hard work go to waste!

Somebody help me..!
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2018
    I understand that this decision isn't what you want to hear. We don't have anything to do with support inquiries and the forum isn't the place to ask for one either.

I am sorry to inform you that I can't help you.
    - The forum community is handled by forum moderators and Community Managers. They are in charge of up keeping and promoting the forum community. They do not have tools to assist players with support inquiries.
    Customer Support /Game Masters (GMs):
    - The Nexon forums are not a channel to contact Customer Support or Game Masters.
    - Use the support system to file tickets if you require assistance regarding account and billing inquiries or issues

This discussion has been closed.