[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kritias Invasion Guide [UPDATED 2021/01/27]

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited January 2021 in Game Guides
FINAL EDIT: Kritias Invasion will be removed from GMS in the v.220 Moonlight Magic Update on February 3rd, 2021. Thanks for using this guide!
AUTHORS NOTE: This is a more in-depth guide of the EMS Kritias Guide originally provided by haquam:
http://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1282089-Kritias-Guide-(Prequests-daily-quests-and-invasion)&nxid=6

EDIT: The original link has expired. A duplicate of haquam's guide can be found on Southperry:
http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=74946
------
I do not take credit for most of this guide. This is only to help players if they wished to find more information about the specifics of Kritias Invasion. The previous guide "The Guide to Kingdom Road: Kritias" of the GMS version has been stripped since it seems unnecessary since haquam has detailed it nicely in his own guide.

I would also like to give a huge thanks to thrakkes for investing time into revising this guide.

If there are any questions or if there is an error in the guide, comment below, and I'll try to respond to them.

-------
Notes
- The "bug/glitch" to change channels during a Kritias Invasion is now a feature as of the V Update.
- Entry to Kritias Invasion will now be via Quest Notifier on the left side of the screen while in Kritias as a feature in Pathfinder Update.
-------

You are required to complete the Kritias Prequests in order to participate in Kritias Invasion, which occurs 8 times per day at the following:

Invasion Times (Sever Time - UTC)
- 8:00 (8AM)
- 10:00 (10AM)
- 12:00 (Noon)
- 14:00 (2PM)
- 16:00 (4PM)
- 18:00 (6PM)
- 20:00 (8PM)
- 22:00 (10PM)

Kritias Invasion is a timed-point-based "event" that has a window that appears on the top of the player's screen. It displays the time left, the Supply Commander health bar, and your contribution/damage done to the Supply Commander. It can be minimized and maximized. The window will disappear once the Invasion has ended, or by exiting the Kritias Region.

The timer starts at 35 minutes. Within the first 5 minutes this is known as the waiting/prep period for the Invasion. After the timer goes down to 30 minutes, all players within and entering the Kritias Region that have completed the Prequests, will be warped to the Invasion Battlefield.

If you are not warped into the Invasion by 29:59, you can change channels to be warped in.

Entry to Kritias Invasion is through the Quest Notifier on the left side of the screen while in Kritias. After the timer goes down to 30:00 the invasion will start.

If the invasion timer runs out, players have failed defending the invasion.

At this point, speaking to Blundell at the Northern Barracks will assign you Invasion Missions. Completing these missions will give you contribution. These values can range between 500k - 1mill. The amount of contribution you gained per completed mission is shown in the textbar.

If you had a completed mission from a previous invasion, you can turn it in for contribution. However, if it was a collection mission and that current Commander is not invading during the time you hand it in, you will not be awarded contribution.

If you have an incomplete mission from a previous invasion and cannot complete it because that Commander's Army is not currently invading, you can exchange your mission with Blundell.

You can quit and re-accept a mission once every two minutes starting from the time you obtained the quest.

Normal monsters will start spawning in the Invasion Battlefields.

Killing regular monsters in the Invasion can drop Black Mage's Token at a low rate which also give you contribution upon pick-up. These values ranges between 10k - 400k, but most of the time the values will be around 100k - 200k. The amount of contribution you gained per pickup is shown in the textbar.

Note: Drop Rate multipliers can increase the frequency of Black Mage's Tokens from normal monsters.

Two Armies (and only two) will invade Kritias. There will only be one Supply Commander, and one Field Commander (and one cannot be both).

The Armies consist of monsters from Magnus, Hilla, Von Leon, or Arkarium.

Once the Invasion has progressed and the Supply Commander's Health bar is reduced down to 75%, stronger monsters will start to appear.

These Mini-Bosses (classified as Bosses, which take Boss Damage) have 1,00,000,000 (1 Billion) HP and upon defeat, they'll always drop 2 Black Mage's Token. If you are in a party these Black Mage's Token drops are instanced. Depending on which army is participating in the Invasion is the Mini-Boss you may encounter.
Note: A maximum of 3 Mini-Bosses can appear around the Kritias Region per channel. These Mini-Bosses will spawn in maps where a player is present. If the Mini-Boss are left alone after spawning, they will remain there until the end of the Invasion.

Note: Kanna's Kishin Shoukan or Frenzy Totem's Monolith increases the frequency of Mini-Bosses, unless they have already spawned in another map.

When the Supply Commander's Health bar is reduced down to 25%, the Field Commander (not to be confused with the prior) will join the Battlefield. Depending on which army is participating in the Invasion is the Field Commander you may encounter.

Identifying the Supply Commander is easily shown in the Kritias Invasion UI, who is in-charge the background work in the Invasions. The Field Commander is the one who is leading the armies, and will spawn if the Invasion is nearly defended, which can be identified by the type of armies that are attacking.

Example: If Hilla and Magnus Army monsters are attacking, and Hilla is the Supply Commander (the picture shown in the Invasion UI), Magnus is the Field Commander and will spawn if the Invasion is nearly defended.

They have all their skills as well as functions similar to their hardest mode, except for:
- Magnus' meteors which are slightly weaker and less frequent similar to Easy Magnus.
- Arkarium does not have his ultimate skill, Screen Crack.
- Hilla does not cast a skill to cage players.

The Field Commander always drops 5 Black Mage's Token upon defeat, which are also instanced.

Note: The Field Commander will spawn in one of the corners of the Kritias region, and only appears once in the Invasion Battlefield when a player is present. These maps are:
  • Scorching Forest 1-2 (top middle portal from Forest of Lament 3, northeast part in Kritias)
  • Frozen Forest 1-2 (top middle portal from Forest of Pain 2)
  • Forest of Darkness 1-2, (top portal from Forest of Sorrow 2)
The Field Commander will not despawn if left alone, until the end of the Invasion. Although only one shows up throughout the entire invasion per channel defeating them is not required to defend the Invasion which can be a good or bad thing.

Regardless of which Field Commander appears, they will have 6,300,000,000 (6.3 Billion) HP, except Arkarium who has 12,600,000,000 (12.6 Billion) HP. A yellow text will broadcast in the Kritias region on the current channel when the Field Commander has been defeated. Once defeated, they will no longer be able to participate for the rest of the Invasion.

To defend the Invasion, 100,000,000 (100 Million) Total Contribution from all participants is required to completely deplete the Supply Commander's Health bar.

You will be rewarded based on the amount of contribution done in the Invasion.

REWARDS:

1000 Anti-magic maximum with 3,000,000 (3 Million) Contribution for winning, 5,000,000 (5 Million) Contribution for losing.
Note: If you AFK in the Invasion, your Anti-magic reward will decrease.

1 Anti-magic stone if the Invasion is successfully defended.

An additional 3 Anti-magic stone (totaled to 4) will be rewarded to the person who delivered the finishing contribution.

If you are not warped out when the Invasion ends, you can change channels to be warped out.

After being warped out of the Invasion Battlefield, speak to Blundell at the Northern Barracks to retrieve your share of rewards. Make sure to retrieve these rewards before the next Invasion occurs!

Comments

• thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited March 2017
    We can now change channal in Kritias Invasion. I can also confirm it's 3 Mini Boss per channal.

Having a Kanna in party or Frenzy Totem will make mini boss spawn way faster, unless some of them were spawned in another map.

As for the range of contribution from looting token, Pretty sure it's somewhere between 10k and 399k. I never see any value under 10k and above 399k.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    We can now change channel in Kritias Invasion.
    That is correct. This was a similar update in KMS that was forwarded into GMS.
    I can also confirm it's 3 Mini Boss per channel.
    It has been like that since release, but many other channels used to be accessed through glitch methods.
    Having a Kanna in party or Frenzy Totem will make mini boss spawn way faster, unless some of them were spawned in another map.
    That's rather an interesting note.
    As for the range of contribution from looting token, Pretty sure it's somewhere between 10k and 399k. I never see any value under 10k and above 399k.
    Thanks for the input on the Black Mage Tokens.

I'll update the guide based on your findings.

• thrakkesthrakkes
    edited March 2017
    Past 29:59 on timer, if you don't want to wait to be moved into Invasion because sometimes the delay can be very long, go to CashShop or change channel.

What I will reply right now is not related to Kritias Invasion, but very usefull tip. In Kritias there are 5 daily quests. The three first ones, asking us to kill in Frozen area, gives us Antimagic Stone Piece giving 600 Antimagic if clicking on it. The 4th daily, killing in Burning Area, gives a piece giving 1,200 Antimagic if clicking. Antimagic Stone from final daily. * If you don't need Antimagic now, I highly recommend to NOT consume these stone pieces right now*. Keep as many pieces possible and the day you will need some, buy AMP Entropy, a potion in Kritias Coin Shop in Kritias Market from Keilbarren NPC. It's only 2 Anheim Coins (silver) for total of 1400 Antimagic.. 1 silver coin = 700 anti. AMP Entropy, if drinking it, gives you 50% more Antimagic if looting from ennemy drop and if clicking on Antimagic Stone Pieces from dailies.

As for people who don't know where to exchange antimagic for coins, the NPC Levian in Ranheim Academy, east part of Kritias if looking on World Map.

And finally another trick, which we can navigate Kritias monster maps way faster depending where you want to go. Nearest Town Scroll or w/e, I am sure you understand XD, is a very good friend here. If using it in monster map depending of your location, it teleports you to a specific base. I think if you use it in any town map, you will be moved to Kritias Market.
    *NOTE* Of course, it doesn't work in Kritias Invasion.

-If using town scroll from any Frozen monster or Novice Corrupted Magician map, you will be teleported to Southwestern Base.
    -If using town scroll from any Burning monster or Intermediate Corrupted Magician map, you will be teleported to Southeastern Base.
    -If using town scroll from any Permeating monster or Advanced Corrupted Magician map, you will be teleported to Northern Base.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited August 2017
    I didn't know what to do this morning, so wanted read the whole guide here again.

For players who are wondering where the Commander spawn, they can only spaw in one of these 6 maps I will mention below:
    -Scorching Forest 1-2 (top middle portal from Forest of Lament 3, northeast part in Kritias)
    -Frozen Forest 1-2 (top middle portal from Forest of Pain 2)
    -Forest of Darkness 1-2, if I spell it right lol (top portal from Forest of Sorrow 2)

I may be totally wrong here, but I was sure we could just farm 3M contribution for reaching maximum 1,000 antimagic after beating Kritias Invasion. That was in first times I participated, need a confirmation here. But if we fail to beat it, we still need 5M for getting 1,000 antimagic. Sad Kritias is unpopular in non-reboot server T.T
    Its2Sharp4U
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited August 2017
    I didn't know what to do this morning, so wanted read the whole guide here again.

For players who are wondering where the Commander spawn, they can only spaw in one of these 6 maps I will mention below:
    -Scorching Forest 1-2 (top middle portal from Forest of Lament 3, northeast part in Kritias)
    -Frozen Forest 1-2 (top middle portal from Forest of Pain 2)
    -Forest of Darkness 1-2, if I spell it right lol (top portal from Forest of Sorrow 2)

I may be totally wrong here, but I was sure we could just farm 3M contribution for reaching maximum 1,000 antimagic after beating Kritias Invasion. That was in first times I participated, need a confirmation here. But if we fail to beat it, we still need 5M for getting 1,000 antimagic. Sad Kritias is unpopular in non-reboot server T.T

Again, this is useful information. I had slight doubt when originally encountering these findings which I hadn't included it before but I'll take your findings as solid evidence.

Huge thanks!
  • AinMorteAinMorte
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2017
    So, I waited for the 12 PM Invasion to begin but it never started...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited October 2017
    AinMorte wrote: »
    So, I waited for the 12 PM Invasion to begin but it never started...

If the Invasion never started 6-7 minutes after the hour in UTC I'm not too sure what had happened. I doubt that result would be consistent therefore I will not change anything towards the guide.

Double-check your timezone to make sure it aligns with the schedule in UTC.

If you manage to encounter the bug again, attempt to record a video then upload it to a site like YouTube. Regardless whether you recorded a video or not, post in the Bug Reporting section using the format provided in the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines.
  • RiceyTofuRiceyTofu
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    So basically, if you soloed all 8 invasions and all 5 daily quests (33 Anti-magic stones total) per day , you could essentially get the Tyrant gloves in about 13 days?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited January 2018
    RiceyTofu wrote: »
    So basically, if you soloed all 8 invasions and all 5 daily quests (33 Anti-magic stones total) per day , you could essentially get the Tyrant gloves in about 13 days?

In terms of Anti-Magic Stones yes. However in terms of Anti-Magic you still need 480,000.

(4500+8000) * 13 = 162,500

480,000 - 162,500 = 317,500

Assuming you save up the Daily Quest stones then use an AMP Entropy Potion to increase by 1.5x of 58,500 Anti-Magic totaled for 13 days, and 104,000 Anti-Magic totaled from 13 days of 8 Invasion runs you'll still be short of 317,500 Anti-Magic. This does not include the cost of the AMP Entropy Potion itself.

(4500+8000+15000) * 13 = 357,500

480,000 - 357,500 = 122,500

Assuming you use the AMP Entropy Potion to grind for 10,000 (+5,000 cap increase) Anti-Magic for 13 days that's 195,000 Anti-Magic. You will still be 122,500 Anti-Magic short. This does not include the cost of the AMP Entropy Potion itself.

480,000 / (4500+8000) = 39 days.

Only doing Invasions and saving up Anti-magic from the daily quest then using AMP Entropy Potion it would take approximately 39 days. This does not include the cost of the AMP Entropy Potion itself.

Include grinding an AMP Entropy Potion costs 1400 anti-magic or 2 Anheim Coins.

480,000 / (4500+15000+8000-1400) = 19 days.

That will take 19 days which includes the AMP Entropy Potion cost.

One problem is that in order to solo Kritias Invasion you must have a lot of drop gear and other drop multipliers with at least Kanna's Kishin Shoukan or Frenzy Totem's Monolith.

Another problem with Kritias Invasion is that you're not guaranteed to land a finishing blow since it's a server-wide participation. Someone else can get it with a lucky contribution which has happened to me and others on occasions.

400/5 = 80

Unless you have a lot of time on your hands it will most likely take much longer to grind out for Tyrant Gloves. On average if half of the invasions (4/8) are successfully defended and the 5 Daily Quests are completed everyday it would take 80 days disregarding anti-magic and finishing blows.

• FlemshinFlemshin
    Reactions: 635
    edited February 2018
    Any tips on how to actually see one of the bosses during an invasion? I play on reboot and it usually ends in less than 5min. I have tried to look on the maps but never have come across a boss, just more players camping the first two maps. I have just ended up grabbing a random map to get a mini boss to spawn for marks and haven't come across issues with that. But this invasion to me is rather confusing, at least the UI . Is there anything that can be taken from the spam? Is there a easy way to find out the where the boss is?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2018
    Flemshin wrote: »
    Any tips on how to actually see one of the bosses during an invasion? I play on reboot and it usually ends in less than 5min. I have tried to look on the maps but never have come across a boss, just more players camping the first two maps. I have just ended up grabbing a random map to get a mini boss to spawn for marks and haven't come across issues with that. But this invasion to me is rather confusing, at least the UI . Is there anything that can be taken from the spam? Is there a easy way to find out the where the boss is?

The commander will always be in Freezing Forest, Scorching Forest, or Forest of Darkness 1/2.
  • FlemshinFlemshin
    Reactions: 635
    edited February 2018
    Ah, i have run it about 25 times. I think reboot it just is too many people doing it. People flock to those maps. I do usually snag one though. Never come across anything besides supply commanders. I don't really care, it just would be cool to experience it. The whole invasion is really underwhelming.