[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Luminous Teleport

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So, this has been a while, but Luminous teleport is bad. It's just bad. I think Jett Flash Jump is better than Lumi teleport.

The Facts:
Pre-V update Luminous teleport was on par if not better than Kanna Teleport (largest range on teleport)

Post-V update Luminous teleport range was reduced to very little, is the weakest mage teleport, even compared to explorer mages and the newly released Illium

The Ideas:
Give us a range increase on the Teleport. Even if its just comparable to Explorer mages, although I would think a HERO mage would have a strong teleport similar to Evan or Kanna in terms of range.

I plan on trying to do a video comparing the teleports tomorrow for exact "movement".

I'd love to hear your thoughts and further ideas on improving Luminous and its teleport.
Reoshikaicrimson24

Comments

• x3TheZerox3x3TheZerox3
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2018
    I totally second this!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    I totally second this!

Thanks for the support, Im surprised nobody else has commented on this though.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I support too.
    Tried my luminous and logged off 5 minutes after because that teleport range is awful.
    Angelv83
  • JqnsonJqnson
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    dont remind me :(
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    Jqnson wrote: »
    dont remind me :(

Luminous pains indeed...I used to main Luminous before Nexon killed the teleport. The rotating I can handle.
  • JettYTJettYT
    Reactions: 540
    edited January 2018
    I don't agree with it being worst than Jett's FlashJump.
    Jett's have HORRIBLE flash jump. Need's to be revamped as well as Lumi.
    Lilyflower
  • MageGirlMageGirl
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited July 2018
    I'm not on forum much but I saw this. Yes, I agree. I have a Lumi main, even now, but the teleport still annoys me. Especially now that I've tried other classes. Nearly every non-mage class I've tried has flash jump, and the contrast with Lumi's teleport is just...appalling. It's not even consistent - there are platforms that, to me, look the same number of pixels above me as the one next to it, and yet I can teleport up to that platform but not the other.

I also have a lot of mage classes, but haven't done a test to compare teleport ranges. Having played Illium recently, I agree that Illium's is slightly better. And Illium has the flying thing, which for the sheer convenience of trying to get across a map quickly to get to the next, leaves Luminous in the dust.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2018
    Uhm...why'd you necro bump this XD
  • NedeNede
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    I just wanna make lumi on reboot eu , is he any good now for mobbing ?
    does his teleport get buff lately?
    excuse my english
  • NedeNede
    edited July 2018
    nvm
    just found it

seems that luminous is trash now, im gonna make blaster.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited November 2018
    please fix this!!! I haven't been able to play my lumi because the teleport is horrid!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018
    I will literally main Lumi again if they'd give us a better tele. Also I can't seem to find the video I made about it...RIP gotta make a new one.
  • ReoshikaiReoshikai
    Reactions: 1,020
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    To fix a character's way too strong points, it shouldn't be nerfed to the abyss, it should be balanced. It is true that luminous really had a strong teleport before, but making it the worst possible won't help a single bit. That's why models should be used to balance it, instead of completely destroying it, lumi's teleport should have been modified to equal evan's, since they're both heroes it ends up making sense.

The current state of luminous teleport sure is bad, and it doesn't help a single bit in places you need mobility, like dream defender and spirit savior. I hope nexon looks forward to this issue and fix it asap. +1
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    My Luminous's teleport is DOO DOO!

Honestly teleport distance isn't that much of a concern to me. Just make the delay between uses shorter and let us use it midair outside of equilibrium (which is a stupid design choice). Why does Lumi need such an arbitrary restriction on his teleport anyway?
    Andyyz
  • AndyyzAndyyz
    edited November 2018
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    Just make the delay between uses shorter and let us use it midair outside of equilibrium (which is a stupid design choice). Why does Lumi need such an arbitrary restriction on his teleport anyway?

Completely second this, I've switched to a Zero main just due to their mobility, ability to flash jump, mid air dashes, and teleport
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2018
    luminous teleport needs to be fixed, why in the world did they nerf it so bad in the first place?