[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Zakum Entry Bug?

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in General Chat
I tried going into Zakum today and tried to do normal mode, however, when I went in, for some reason, it put me in the chaos version, the one with the fire at the bottom and summoned platforms. Of course, I couldn't kill it and ended up wasting a run. This first happened yesterday, but I figured that I wasn't paying attention to where I was clicking. But I did it again today and made double sure that I clicked normal mode and before I went into the actual map, the dialogue box said "normal mode", however when I went in, I didn't get normal mode, but I got the chaos version instead. Do the eye of fire items the game gives you determine the boss version (I kept the one I had yesterday and used it to get into normal mode, so did I get the eye of fire that summons the chaos version instead of normal?) Am I doing something wrong or has there been some kind of change I've been unaware of because I've been doing zakum for a long time and didn't have this problem until yesterday. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or if it's just me, but it's very frustrating to lose out on a boss run because of some game bug. The fact that no one else seems to have reported this tells me that it's probably just me and no one else has had this problem or no one is doing zakum (which is of course not true) and hasn't had the chance to see this issue. I'd like to report this just in case it's a bug or something. I'll try again when the servers reset at four today and make sure to pay close attention and add any new information regarding this issue.

Comments

• DiamondSkyyDiamondSkyy
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited January 2018
    The eye of fire works for both Normal and Chaos mode. If you picked Normal then you should not have ended up in Chaos mode.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Are you sure you clicked Normal Mode? I haven't experienced this issue.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2018
    Not a bug, all version of Zakum has the phase where he summon fire on the bottom and claps his hands (so classes with almost no vertical reach can attack the highest arms).
    You just took too long to destroy all of Zakum arms or reduce it to <20% HP that he actually entered the fire phase.
    (Zakum will change phase around every 1 minute as long as he has one arms alive and is not in summon then nuke mode (when all arms are destroyed at the same time when >20% HP) or dive bomber mode (<20% HP))
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Not a bug, all version of Zakum has the phase where he summon fire on the bottom and claps his hands (so classes with almost no vertical reach can attack the highest arms).
    You just took too long to destroy all of Zakum arms or reduce it to <20% HP that he actually entered the fire phase.
    (Zakum will change phase around every 1 minute as long as he has one arms alive and is not in summon then nuke mode (when all arms are destroyed at the same time when >20% HP) or dive bomber mode (<20% HP))

Ah, thank you. I was starting to think that I wasn't killing it fast enough. I was around level 90 when I first went in. I thought it was a bug because I was able to kill it easily on other characters but on a new one, I couldn't kill before it activated so I just assumed it was chaos because that's the only mode I saw the map changes on. So, I was starting to think that it was because of the class I was playing as that was too slow because I always killed it faster on other classes at the same level. Well, now that I know this, I'll be more aware of when I first start doing Zakum on new character, so thank you for explaining.