[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

this new update messed up luminous

fpqhffntus7fpqhffntus7
Reactions: 300
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
I cant even control enhancing light or darkness of freaking new interface for equilibrium. Also spectral light damage just became unusable . Its killing me rite now,,, . take the poll and tell me why if you said yes
  1. should i still play luminous?23 votes
    1. yes
       39% (9 votes)
    2. no
       61% (14 votes)

Comments

• SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    The only person who even semi-accepted this update in the community was ZBD lol everyone else hates it
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    There have been tons of people requesting for KMS Luminous since the class was released because it is better than the CMS one.

Nexon gives us that so wanted KMS Luminous and suddenly people asks for the old one to come back.

Oh well.

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    fpqhffntus7

I cant even control enhancing light or darkness of freaking new interface for equilibrium. Also spectral light damage just became unusable . Its killing me rite now,,, . take the poll and tell me why if you said yes
    Its easy to control them, it only seems "hard" because every single luminous in GMS never did anything but spam reflection now.

Overall this system helped out your bossing a ton, and it makes more sense thematically. Not to mention it also makes training with luminous the tiniest bit less braindead. Overall a good change
    UzumeWillScarletDoughAggraphinehypnogris
  • xPicturexPicture
    Reactions: 915
    edited October 2016
    I think the update (to me) is fine. Only thing I hate so much is the teleport.
    fpqhffntus7
  • fpqhffntus7fpqhffntus7
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

fpqhffntus7

Its easy to control them, it only seems "hard" because every single luminous in GMS never did anything but spam reflection now.

Overall this system helped out your bossing a ton, and it makes more sense thematically. Not to mention it also makes training with luminous the tiniest bit less braindead. Overall a good change
    yes, it does get me to equilibrium faster. But what i dont like about it is that it took the choices of the player away. I mean there is place and time for skill uses, and just taking given freedom of skill choices away just make it worse. P.S. new range for teleport is killing me.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    fpqhffntus7

gamechanger

fpqhffntus7

yes, it does get me to equilibrium faster. But what i dont like about it is that it took the choices of the player away. I mean there is place and time for skill uses, and just taking given freedom of skill choices away just make it worse. P.S. new range for teleport is killing me.
    Freedom of skill choice? What choice? Everyone who's ever played a Luminous hits fourth job and it's REFLECTION FOR DAYS. The only skill choice there's ever been has been hitting fourth and choosing to spam Reflection for the next 150 levels.

The teleport is, honestly, the only real "what the hell, guys?" part of the change.
    UzumePirateIzzyCatooolooo
  • Evan_Von_GustavEvan_Von_Gustav
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2016
    It took "choice" away?
    Yeah, no.
    Noone would ever "choose" to use a dark skill or go into eclipse state, unless they had to, because Spectral Light had it beat for bossing and Reflection had it beat for mobbing.
    Not to mention that you couldn't "choose" to switch states for 5 minutes after Light/Dark. 5 minutes! You could harvest more than 10 light/dark points in that much time, and you could only hold five!
    Not much of a "choice" when you can't switch states freely anyway.
    Your dps was crippled utterly because it was supposed to primarily come from equilibrium, and almost every buff lumi had since it released, for skills outside of equilibrium was done by making it so you spent less time GETTING to equilibrium. In other words, they've never seen a buff before this update, because none of them applied to CMS Luminous's Equilibrium system.

Heck, Apocalypse isn't even that bad for mobbing. It's just completely overshadowed by reflection. There are a ton of classes with less reach.

On top of that, Death Scythe is also a decent mobbing skill, and you'll be spending more time in Equilbrium than in Sunfire or Eclipse.
    Speaking of which, I do believe that Equilibrium also buffs light and dark attacks, so you can still use Reflection during Equilibrium if you really wanted to.
    If you don't want to, that must mean Death Scythe's even more effective at mobbing, so it's a buff all around (and a slight nerf to mobbing during Eclipse. and you're spending only a quarter of the time [if that] in Eclipse.)
    And for bossing, you were never able to choose the best skill, because you could only spam it during equilibrium.
    This is luminous as it should be: spending one third to half the time in equilibrium.
    I'm not even a luminous main and I think this change is for the better.
    I just know it's better by putting a little perspective.
  • HomecookedHomecooked
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    While I think this will take some time getting used to, the changes aren't to bad. I want the old tele back tho.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    the teleport is not good i want the old teleport back thats it.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2016
    The only issue I have is with the teleport. I love the rest of it, Luminous is finally no longer trash at bossing.
    *gasp* We have to use Apocalypse? The horror!
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I agree on the change to the teleport being bad. But everything else was a positive change for the class
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    I really like Equilibrium skills and I like this change on how longer I can use Equilibrium skills...
    ( teleport nerf sucks big time though...)
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    PirateIzzy

The only issue I have is with the teleport. I love the rest of it, Luminous is finally no longer trash at bossing.
    I thought that was whole point with Luminous... to use both LIGHT AND DARK MAGIC!
    I don't feel like luminous before... but now I actually feel like playing Lumimous...
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2016
    WillScarlet

PirateIzzy

I thought that was whole point with Luminous... to use both LIGHT AND DARK MAGIC!
    I don't feel like luminous before... but now I actually feel like playing Lumimous...
    I'm aware, I was just mimicking the people who only used Light skills. I've been an advocate for the KMS system for a long time anyway.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2016
    I am having a really hard time adjusting to these new changes, I feel like my main character has been altered. It's the typical resistance to changes type of reaction im having. I need 7-14 days to adjust and play over time to get a better impression of how this will affect the class in the long run.
    Lilyflower
  • AndyyzAndyyz
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    Imagine if a light attack was changed to dark attribute Dark Spectral Light anyone? xD id dig this new equalizer totes haha
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Permolas
    Permolas said:

There have been tons of people requesting for KMS Luminous since the class was released because it is better than the CMS one.

Nexon gives us that so wanted KMS Luminous and suddenly people asks for the old one to come back.

Oh well.

it wasnt nexon giving them what they wanted, it's only happening due to the 5th job skills not being stable or balanced for the non-KMS version of the class.

Lumi's 5th job skill is higly dependent on getting into equilibrium as much as possible and the supporting cores are only balanced for the KMS version of lumi. the proof of this is that CMS has also reverted their Xenon, Kaiser, AB, and Lumi to KMS versions.

And about the "Choice" thing, the Class is literally about not being able to completely control the powers of Darkness and having a balance of dark and light, neither of this things were apparent with our old system

the only thing I really want is the damage support for both dark and light