[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kaiser Command Keys made useless/obsolete

WingedReignWingedReign
Reactions: 540
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The changes to Command Keys forces players to alternate attacks between the one they intend to use, and Dragon Slash (a 1st job attacking skill).

Not only is the "combo" difficult to pull off for players with high ping to the servers, it actually decreases the average damage output. In addition, the slow rate at which you can "combo" means that the Morph Gauge can be filled faster without using the new Command Keys. The 15% Final Damage boost nowhere near compensates for the extra time required to cast Dragon Slash and press the subsequent required keys.

A revert would be much appreciated; it used to be a core element to Kaiser gameplay and a way to reduce keyboard clutter, but now not one situation exists in which it would be optimal for the player to use it over simply hot-keying the skills. i.e. even if the feature was removed entirely, there would be no change in optimal play; why was it rational to implement such a change in the first place?
Equal_AlecKaiserShadicMauriceDelTaco

Comments

• Equal_AlecEqual_Alec
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    If it were the so called claim that kaiser were the strongest or are getting stronger. I agree more indefinitely if you were to more so nerf Kaiser that would be reasonable, but to provide a broken mechanic isnt a justified way of doing so. Taking out that extra 15% and decreasing our percent dmg for our skills is a better choice
    KaiserShadic
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Can someone just come and explain how the goddamn thing even works now? It makes no sense at all
  • KaiserShadicKaiserShadic
    Reactions: 455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Can someone just come and explain how the goddamn thing even works now? It makes no sense at all
    In order to activate skills such as Flame Surge, Impact Wave, Wing Beat, Blade Burst, Gigas Wave and Dragon Barrage you are forced to use a significant amount of keys to do so plus Dragon Link, I think that most Kaisers will get affected by this because we aren't able to activate Gigas Wave with the old command that honestly it was easier to use and skills such as Dragon Barrage and Blade Burst for mobbing, personally I HATE this new mechanics that Nexon added to Kaiser and I agree with WingedReign the new mechanics to Kaiser are useless and I don't feel like using a hotkey to use Gigas Wave and don't being able to get the 15% extra damage because I got too used to the old commands and it feels bad that they Nerfed hard this beloved class
    Equal_Alec
  • WingedReignWingedReign
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Put harshly, it doesn't.

If you want to give it a shot:
    1. assign your basic "Attack" to a key
    2. go to your beginner tab, assign the "Dragon Link" skill (icon is an exclamation mark) to a key
    3. press "Attack" then immediately,
    4. press the key(s) that come after the plus (+) sign
    ("SKILL" for Gigas Wave command is whatever key to which you have assigned Gigas Wave)
    You have to repeat steps 3 and 4 each time to get the 15% Final Damage bonus and extra Morph Gauge.

It's a slow mashing of two or three keys that doesn't work a large portion of the time, and actually drops your DPS even if you successfully manage to pull it off with certainty.
    KaiserShadic
  • NeonBeamNeonBeam
    Reactions: 320
    edited October 2016
    I am a Kaiser player myself.
    After this patch [v177.1] I feel the patch has ruined Kaiser's "Dragon Link"Skill.
    At this stage I find "Dragon Link" completely USELESS and not necessary to use because you have to use Dragon Slash before you could even activate any "Dragon Link" skills.

KaiserShadic
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    pretty sure this was done to make the classes compatible with the 5th job skills, so as much as you may hate it, you either gotta get cozy with the new set up or change mains.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

pretty sure this was done to make the classes compatible with the 5th job skills, so as much as you may hate it, you either gotta get cozy with the new set up or change mains.
    Really? What a pointless opinion, I don't see this Dragon Link thing being changed for that, if we could get the Dragon link before patch it would be no differences when using skills from 5th job, Kaisers only got the ancient group of kaisers summon tho, how can be that Dragon link's changes to be "compatible" with 5th job skills plus we lost a lot of DPS there's no need to nerf Kaisers to the ground with this new mechanics and as much as you tell that this changes may be done to make the classes compatible with the 5th job that's just not the case
    Equal_AlecLilyflower
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Did you just comment to raise your posts? Because I'M pretty sure this was done for no good reason whatsoever. Like the person above me said, Kaisers only got 1 new skill and it's a summoning skill. Which is irrelevant to Kaiser's combo system.

On topic: I'm with OP on this. I was used to using the Command Keys/combo and it was already sometimes difficult depending on what you were doing. But now it's difficult AND useless to use the new commands. Did anyone bother to test this at all? I'm seriously wondering if this is something that can get fixed/reverted to how it was ASAP.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    forumsareannoying

Catooolooo

Did you just comment to raise your posts? Because I'M pretty sure this was done for no good reason whatsoever. Like the person above me said, Kaisers only got 1 new skill and it's a summoning skill. Which is irrelevant to Kaiser's combo system.

On topic: I'm with OP on this. I was used to using the Command Keys/combo and it was already sometimes difficult depending on what you were doing. But now it's difficult AND useless to use the new commands. Did anyone bother to test this at all? I'm seriously wondering if this is something that can get fixed/reverted to how it was ASAP.
    No, I was being serious and truthful, but you can view this however you want to.

and kaisers (as well as every other class) only got 1 new skill but the other cores also matter too, in the grand scheme of things.

Be annoyed all you want, but there really is no other reason for this change to happen Just before the V patch, and also no reason why all other versions that had the non KMS version are also making the change back to KMS versions of thse classes.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

forumsareannoying

Catooolooo

No, I was being serious and truthful, but you can view this however you want to.

and kaisers (as well as every other class) only got 1 new skill but the other cores also matter too, in the grand scheme of things.

Be annoyed all you want, but there really is no other reason for this change to happen Just before the V patch, and also no reason why all other versions that had the non KMS version are also making the change back to KMS versions of thse classes.
    Since "there is no other reason for this change to happen", would you mind explaining to me why they would make it useless to implement this new system? I'm not sure if you bothered to read what others have posted but it truly DECREASES your dps instead of increasing it and it does not provide any kind of strategic advancement whatsoever. So, why implement a new useless system instead of just removing the previous system?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    forumsareannoying

Catooolooo

forumsareannoying

Catooolooo

Since "there is no other reason for this change to happen", would you mind explaining to me why they would make it useless to implement this new system? I'm not sure if you bothered to read what others have posted but it truly DECREASES your dps instead of increasing it and it does not provide any kind of strategic advancement whatsoever. So, why implement a new useless system instead of just removing the previous system?
    But the system isnt New, It was how the KMS version of Kaiser always played, and I already stated that the change can only be because of the upcoming V patch.

the system may be new to us,but it was like this from Launch in KMS.
    When I said this is the KMS version of kaiser I meant This IS the KMS version of kaiser, in it's entirety.
    Kaiser in KMS has always used this "command" key system that we have gotten.

the non KMS version, Like luminus, used a different system entirely than KMS.
  • AzzatoAzzato
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

JUST BECAUSE KMS HAS IT DOES NOT MAKE IT A GOOD SYSTEM!
    Equal_AlecLilyflowerKaiserShadic
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    Azzato
    Azzato said:

Catooolooo

JUST BECAUSE KMS HAS IT DOES NOT MAKE IT A GOOD SYSTEM!
    I never said it was a good system, Try reading what I said earlier.

this change is most likely happening to make things compatible for 5th job, because the same change is happening to all other regions that had used the non KMS versions of these classes.
    Good, Bad, Dont like it, It doesnt mater, that's the truth of the situation, as there is no other reason to revert the systems to the KMS versions, especially on such a scale for all versions of maple that had non KMS versions of the class.

and As I had said earlier, you will have to either get cozy with these controls, Not use the new system or find a new main, because the system is not likely going back to what we had previously. not saying this to be an ass, just saying this because a change is now very unlikely to happen unless it happens in KMS, be mad all you want.
    Opambour
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    In my opinion it would be nice if they rip off the 15% damage when using commands instead of ruining the Dragon Link System
    NeonBeamEqual_Alec
  • WingedReignWingedReign
    edited October 2016

For anyone curious, video demonstration of how Command Keys now work suffice.

Aside: I found two instances of when it can still be used as an improvement to regular hot-keying, but the activation is too inconsistent to warrant using it in succession. Still seems useless.
  • EmbrayEmbray
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    WingedReign

Aside: I found two instances of when it can still be used as an improvement to regular hot-keying, but the activation is too inconsistent to warrant using it in succession. Still seems useless.
    You should post your video to Reddit. There hasn't been a real discussion about Kaiser other than some memes here and there. Your video provides excellent insight so people who don't play Kaiser can understand what's wrong with the class.
  • Equal_AlecEqual_Alec
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    Embray
    Embray said:

WingedReign

You should post your video to Reddit. There hasn't been a real discussion about Kaiser other than some memes here and there. Your video provides excellent insight so people who don't play Kaiser can understand what's wrong with the class.
    I agree,please post this on reddit for those who do not understand

• WingedReignWingedReign
    edited October 2016
    Equal_Alec

Embray
    Embray said:

WingedReign

I agree,please post this on reddit for those who do not understand

Already has been~