[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wondroid ideas for less player stress

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Yaaaay, Wondroid is back, YAAAAAY. Yeah no, I'm not happy to see this event. How can we make this BETTER?

Well here are my thoughts.
1. B1 needs more checkpoints OR allow the checkpoint to carry over even after you get kicked out.
Why? Because there is ONE checkpoint at the false door, and when it takes me 10 minutes just to do the conveyer belt (OMG I ACTUALLY GOT THROUGH IT THIS TIME) then I never have enough time to complete the second half of the Jump quest. If you add one at say...after the lasers, it will at least make things a little less stressful when doing B1 (although I still hate it)
2. Do ALL Androids for Season 2? Please no
Why is this a requirement? It seems mean to make us have to rescue every android before we can save Adam and Eve...and with how hard the JQ is, most of us end up being content with just Aster.
3. Floor 1 - I hear bad things about this but I can't get past B1.
I don't have a ton to input since I cannot reach Floor 1 as of yet. Id love to hear other players opinions on this one.
4. Steam and Laser Damage
Please just lower this...I heard in MSEA its like 10k damage compared to our 800k damage. That would give us a LITTLE wiggle room to screw up in this jump quest.

Any other thoughts, suggestions, comments, concerns?

TLDR: Still hate this jump quest.
CyabackKerBansot

Comments

• KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited January 2018
    A great idea for F1 is to remove the arrow key prompt. It takes too much time and for classes that don't have passive healing the time it takes will leave you dead especially for classes like Illium. Maybe reduce the damage the guards do would also help make that a little easier or alternatively reduce the number of guards.

Mainly the arrow key prompt though.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    A great idea for F1 is to remove the arrow key prompt. It takes too much time and for classes that don't have passive healing the time it takes will leave you dead especially for classes like Illium. Maybe reduce the damage the guards do would also help make that a little easier or alternatively reduce the number of guards.

Mainly the arrow key prompt though.

Interesting, one last idea that came to me...let the steam do less damage. Seriously.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited January 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Interesting, one last idea that came to me...let the steam do less damage. Seriously.

MSEA already has that. There's a bunch of things MSEA had for B1 that if we got it, would have helped tremendously on this front. Maybe next time this comes around we'll get that verison instead.

Edit: I guess we got everything but the change to the steam/lasers. In MSEA they did 40% HP. I think that alone would help as it gives you 2 free screw ups before the 3rd one kills you unless you have passive healing.
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »

MSEA already has that. There's a bunch of things MSEA had for B1 that if we got it, would have helped tremendously on this front. Maybe next time this comes around we'll get that verison instead.

I really freaking hope so. I still can't clear B1 (althoug hI came much closer this time)
  • SpecialK24SpecialK24
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2018
    i honestly cannot with this event. the return route is way too cancerous. please nexon please make the steam and lasers do less damage, i've been doing B1 over and over. I haven't even gotten a chance to actually do my dailies or train cause i'm so busy trying to clear B1 to get the heart.
    Petalmagic
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited January 2018
    B1 steam stage is the worst, legit no checkpoints and I have to do that all over again and then die again... please lower the difficulty
  • KingOfZorbKingOfZorb
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, nexon put most of the checkpoints in the most useless locations, they could have put it right before and after the steam jets part or halfway through the lasers on return but they decided lets only give 1 checkpoint for the hardest level in the event. and that's not even talking about the 1shot jets that reset you a very far way back. make the timer reset when you die and go back to a checkpoint or make the jets not 1shot or have the most broken hitboxes ever
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited January 2018
    ^Yep, you just have to keep practising. I remember when wondroid first came out and everyone was in an uproar about the difficulty. But it started to simmer down once they got the hang of it. Be thankful that they actually gave you checkpoints. It honestly isn't difficult enough for the quality of equipment we're getting.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited January 2018
    pepe wrote: »
    ^Yep, you just have to keep practising. I remember when wondroid first came out and everyone was in an uproar about the difficulty. But it started to simmer down once they got the hang of it. Be thankful that they actually gave you checkpoints. It honestly isn't difficult enough for the quality of equipment we're getting.

Tell that to the Ghost Exorcist Badge. That questline is super easy, much easier than doing Wonderoid and far less time/effort
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited January 2018
    B1 is tilting but still doable. Passed within 15 tries.

The problem is F1 the next stage, where you pound ur keynboard while getting ass kicked by incoming guards. You guys know that you may become invincible and ignore upcoming damage for a sec when you are hurt. In F1 ? You will get every single hits.

You also cannot use any skill(You certainly can use skills at stair) so you have to kill them using your auto attacks, but sadly for those who use melee attacks can't even deal with these psycho bastards.
  • SimzSimz
    Reactions: 985
    edited January 2018
    EXdest wrote: »
    B1 is tilting but still doable. Passed within 15 tries.

The problem is F1 the next stage, where you pound ur keynboard while getting ass kicked by incoming guards. You guys know that you may become invincible and ignore upcoming damage for a sec when you are hurt. In F1 ? You will get every single hits.

You also cannot use any skill(You certainly can use skills at stair) so you have to kill them using your auto attacks, but sadly for those who use melee attacks can't even deal with these psycho bastards.

Auto attacks? i didnt think any attack could work beside the use of the regular attack key
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    haveing no chekpoints at B1 its kinda good lool lets you redo the stage with 15min timer after each fail/dead

they can improve B1 (because its very bad if you got ping/lag) for example

if you fail 10times the moveing line breaks but you still have the gasss
    if you fail 20times the gass dmg gets to 50%

but yea hard to see any changes at this point
    so am glad we can do just 1 andoird rescue to be able farm coins
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »
    haveing no chekpoints at B1 its kinda good lool lets you redo the stage with 15min timer after each fail/dead

they can improve B1 (because its very bad if you got ping/lag) for example

if you fail 10times the moveing line breaks but you still have the gasss
    if you fail 20times the gass dmg gets to 50%

but yea hard to see any changes at this point
    so am glad we can do just 1 andoird rescue to be able farm coins

Not when you are doing the second half with only 5 minutes left...
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited January 2018
    Simz wrote: »

Auto attacks? i didnt think any attack could work beside the use of the regular attack key

Thats wut I meant there. Only regular attacks are allowed in this event which is why it is so difficult for short-range melee attacking characters to complete F1. I am phantom main(low health bar + melee attack), thus I hate this stage. I tried F1 out more than B1, and I got finally passed because I didn't get arrow key command. Jesus.
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I think the amount of checkpoints in B1 is fine. The jump quest is actually very forgiving this time since you can just brute force some parts with the checkpoints and spend less time going through a floor again and more time on learning laser/steam patterns from B4-B2. I'm sorry that you take 10 minutes to finish the first steam conveyor belts in B1 but with more practice (and maybe some tips from the plenty of video guides on YouTube), you should be able to get through it in <5 minutes. The requirement for all androids for S2 is probably there so the storyline would flow better so I don't really see the need to change it. Other than that, the only gripe I have about this event so far is the random falling into the floor bugs and floor 1's QTE nonsense (especially the arrow keys thing....).

I don't consider myself good at jump quests but I'm still able to finish it. Patience and perseverance goes a LONG way here.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2018

Tell that to the Ghost Exorcist Badge. That questline is super easy, much easier than doing Wonderoid and far less time/effort

Is ghost ship badge the standard for quest difficulty now? It's bizarre that you expect every other powerful item to be given out after 10 minutes of effort. Just take what you're given and stop demanding everything to be 'super easy'.
  • CaptainEcchiCaptainEcchi
    Reactions: 630
    edited February 2018
    This is what comes after B1

it only gets worse
    EXdest
  • KeithyKeithyKeithyKeithy
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2018
    If they let us heal between gates on 1F, I'd be okay with that.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018

Is ghost ship badge the standard for quest difficulty now? It's bizarre that you expect every other powerful item to be given out after 10 minutes of effort. Just take what you're given and stop demanding everything to be 'super easy'.

Uhm, even Sengoku badge (true BiS) is 500x easier to get than Wondroid heart. Same for the Pocket items given through Red Leaf/Sengoku High. Most of the event rings (also BiS) are just the usual grind for coins or do mini games.
    Kingofrunes
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited February 2018
    After struggling for over 3 hours on B1 alone i decided to give up... idk if I will even do it again cause doing B4 to B1 again is stupid, don't understand why you cant leave then return to where you were
    Petalmagicbootlicker