[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Crashes after today's patch

BoredWeazulBoredWeazul
Reactions: 1,330
edited October 2016 in Tech Support
after todays patch, everything was going good, i was playing for about 15 minutes, then the game crashes. ive tried doing the repair installation from the game launcher menu but it still happens, works perfectly for a few minutes then crashes, what should i try to do to fix it? image
Nylluuh

Comments

• DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    temp advice: go to another channel, and vacate the map you were working in.
    -sincerely, someone pissed they cant do haunted mansion questline cuz of this glitch
  • BoredWeazulBoredWeazul
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

temp advice: go to another channel, and vacate the map you were working in.
    -sincerely, someone pissed they cant do haunted mansion questline cuz of this glitch
    is this only happening in the halloween maps?
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    im not sure... someone said they ran into it outside haunted mansion, but ive been trying to do halloween stuff since game came back up so no personal experience outside it, and that person didnt mention if it was a diff halloween map or not. sorry :(
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited October 2016
    Many times when I attempt to change characters it crashes...=[
  • ExplicitOneExplicitOne
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    i also have been getting crashes its only happened in the haunted mansion map even on the outsode of the mansion and it really rather annoying!

• AnihuraAnihura
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Me too, the game crashes after I kill monsters in the mansion.. I've tried a clean re-install as well as updating graphic drivers and nothing worked so far!
  • MrCool59MrCool59
    Reactions: 740
    edited October 2016
    i to keep having the game crash mine just crashes when i go to switch to a different charter and this started after the game update
  • ExplicitOneExplicitOne
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    and here is a screen of it crashing outside the mansion.

• tsutsujitsutsuji
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I hope they fix it soon and offer an extension on the Halloween events. It's been a pain.
    I can't switch characters or complete quests without being kicked off every so often.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited October 2016
    I crash almost every time i try to change characters. It is really time consuming to try to play when you have to reload the game to change characters.
  • KkikoKkiko
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    This has been happening to me for more than 2 years and it's still a problem.
    I usually last 2 minutes before it crashes.
    The only time it doesn't crash is when I'm in the cash shop, but I can't play the game when I'm in there, lol.

I've contacted support many times and they just tell me to reinstall the game or put settings to the lowest, but it doesn't do anything.

The only solution I have found is to play on a different pc/laptop/whatever and hope for the best.
    When I play maple on my super old 2007 laptop, it never crashes... but on my pc that can run most games on high settings seems to have problems with this game...
    There are times (though extremely rare) where the game decides not to crash, but I haven't been able to get a consistent way of getting it to work.

I really wish they'd fix it because I can't even kill a boss before it crashes, and for the events where I have to stay logged in for 30minutes or more... those are impossible with the constant crashes.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    try playing in full screen guys