[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplehood Watch - Kinda disappointed

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So they released the new maplehood watch rotation, I am kinda sad about this.

Why? Because its most of the same items. Like seriously, Why didn't you guys just make a new rotation...it's not like we have 50 of all the items from the old rotation. New items were nice, but I am disappointed with the amount of items that were actually NEW. Yeah. That's my feedback. Maybe in the future just give us a full new rotation...I don't need any more Quack Quack rings and Penguin weapon covers Dx
  1. How do you feel about Maplehood watch rotation?29 votes
    1. Amazing, best rotation ever 10/10
       3% (1 vote)
    2. Ugh...more Quack Quack Rings coming my way
       3% (1 vote)
    3. We need a new rotation, like completely new.
       69% (20 votes)
    4. FREE NX SHTUFF!
       24% (7 votes)

Comments

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited February 2018
    All of the hairs and faces are gross. I would rather have the hairs and faces they gave us last year. They literally added reg hairs/faces in this rotation when the last rotations has all royals. So disappointing, however they did a good job on the nx clothes though, they added a ton of extra clothes this year.
    PetalmagicSlicedTimeMewBlueberryRenniKlaraBlissful
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited February 2018
    It's about half new NX and I am not a huge fan of many of the ones that returned. Bunch of new hats, though I would have liked something other than the fruit hats. No new face or rings. One new cape, top, and bottom, which I would like to have seen at least one more new item for each. Overalls, Gloves, and Shoes are all pretty good on the new items (I dislike the ballon overalls and Kimono though). Finally, we get three new weapons and five returning ones (all of which I really dislike).

We get 2 hairstyles and 3 faces that return. For the new ones, I'd say there are maybe 2 decent boy hairstyles but no faces and for girls 0 hairstyles and 1 face. That's my personal opinion of course so maybe others would find some appeal in the lineup.

Gacha boxes are probably my least favorite day. 98% of what you get will be Metamorph Potions, trait items, restorative potions or androids. No one is happy to get metamorph potions, they should be left to alchemists to craft. Trait items? We have Wondroid still going which can let any player max their traits. Restorative potions are useless. Finally, more androids, which are completely outclassed by any other android in the game or again a Wondroid from the current ongoing event.

The Empress set items are basically worthless with Pensalir being easy to get. On Reboot the items are completely useless if, the most likely scenario happens, they land on the wrong class. Empress is basically a novelty item at this point, only used for anvils. I'd prefer they swap the set for Abso or Sweetwater, with the gear being contained in an account tradeable box, similar to the Absolab weapon box available in other events.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    It's about half new NX and I am not a huge fan of many of the ones that returned. Bunch of new hats, though I would have liked something other than the fruit hats. No new face or rings. One new cape, top, and bottom, which I would like to have seen at least one more new item for each. Overalls, Gloves, and Shoes are all pretty good on the new items (I dislike the ballon overalls and Kimono though). Finally, we get three new weapons and five returning ones (all of which I really dislike).

We get 2 hairstyles and 3 faces that return. For the new ones, I'd say there are maybe 2 decent boy hairstyles but no faces and for girls 0 hairstyles and 1 face. That's my personal opinion of course so maybe others would find some appeal in the lineup.

Gacha boxes are probably my least favorite day. 98% of what you get will be Metamorph Potions, trait items, restorative potions or androids. No one is happy to get metamorph potions, they should be left to alchemists to craft. Trait items? We have Wondroid still going which can let any player max their traits. Restorative potions are useless. Finally, more androids, which are completely outclassed by any other android in the game or again a Wondroid from the current ongoing event.

The Empress set items are basically worthless with Pensalir being easy to get. On Reboot the items are completely useless if, the most likely scenario happens, they land on the wrong class. Empress is basically a novelty item at this point, only used for anvils. I'd prefer they swap the set for Abso or Sweetwater, with the gear being contained in an account tradeable box, similar to the Absolab weapon box available in other events.

I definitely can agree on the gear, considering how many FAFNIR CHAIN WHIPS I get on non-Xenon characters. If they made a weapon box or even just 15 CVell pieces (the same as one Fafnir weapon) that would be a huge plus if you got lucky enough to roll it. The Use items should be changed to something...idk...useful? Metamorph potions are boring, I only use them when I wanna henehoe...which I never do.

I most certainly agree that the female hair rotation is complete trash this time around. =3=

With the NX items, I really wish Nexon hadn't brought back any of the stuff from last rotation, I have too many of all the items, I could almost fit every mule with the SAME outfit. I am also tired of Quack Quack rings, I hate them and want them to burn in B1 (aka Hell).
    Argent
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited February 2018
    faces okay, but hairs are garbage for males. f3
  • ArgentArgent
    edited February 2018
    I wish they hadn't brought back any items from the old rotation too.

The new female hairs are blech, wild child is probably the worst of the bunch. Mermaid hair is okayish but if you don't have face/eye/hat NX you are going to be so disappointed.
    Turns out the female faces are almost all bad. Even Tender Love, which I had originally thought would be decent, isn't unless you have really bright colored eyes. It's also off center by a pixel. We'll see if that gets fixed in the next year. Wounded Look is old but good I suppose.

I've found most of the male hairs acceptable after getting them, it could have been much worse.

Final verdict on Beauty day: I don't think I'll be doing the second round.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Of the hairs we have, I only really liked... the Wolf Tails, Kong Ponytail and Cute Boy hairs, Mermaid and Rococo female hairs, and the Arrogant male face, of which I got once across the 5 male characters I did beauty day on. I only kept the Wild Child on one character who had a hat that covered most of it.
    Not really good numbers, and I absolutely hate the Overjoyed Smile and Sesame faces.
    As for the gachapon... well fortunately there will be cash shop transfer in 2 weeks, so I can make as many of my characters as fashionable as possible, but I just know I'm not gonna get any actual clothes... may have to finally start burning all the rings I don't want...

Now to be fair I wasn't here for the November Maplehood, so I can't judge based on that time, but looking at those old rewards at least I don't hate any of them... so yeah I'd say these aren't desired rewards.

Remember many years ago when there was a free cash shop items event, that literally handed you so many good perm and temp CS items, I think even a perm Shadow Step, for killing something like 999 mobs? I don't remember anyone not liking the rewards back then...
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018
    I wish they hadn't brought back any items from the old rotation too.

The new female hairs are blech, wild child is probably the worst of the bunch. Mermaid hair is okayish but if you don't have face/eye/hat NX you are going to be so disappointed.
    Turns out the female faces are almost all bad. Even Tender Love, which I had originally thought would be decent, isn't unless you have really bright colored eyes. It's also off center by a pixel. We'll see if that gets fixed in the next year. Wounded Look is old but good I suppose.

I've found most of the male hairs acceptable after getting them, it could have been much worse.

Final verdict on Beauty day: I don't think I'll be doing the second round.

Wounded Look, gonna go for it on my bishop, but I care not for my other loser mules.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited February 2018
    I'm really disappointed with the Maple Avatar Box RNG. I've done this stupid quest, 3 times per mule on 16+ mules and not a single one of them gave me the Arctic Snow Mittens. I've got plenty of Narwal Weapons, shoes and suits that it makes it seem like I'm being ridiculed by Nexon. Honestly though, that's my only complaint.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Snowed wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed with the Maple Avatar Box RNG. I've done this stupid quest, 3 times per mule on 16+ mules and not a single one of them gave me the Arctic Snow Mittens. I've got plenty of Narwal Weapons, shoes and suits that it makes it seem like I'm being ridiculed by Nexon. Honestly though, that's my only complaint.

comeon its first day you got most if not all today thats more then fine
    after all we should be happy for this change after lots of suggestion they decide to update with many new items
    next week will be agin so dont giveup still chance get all the new items
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited February 2018
    Snowed wrote: »

At least these items are free :p
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018
    As Maplehood watch comes to a close...my takeaways:
    1. Face/Hair were really trashy this time around (and I didnt get wounded look on my damn bishop).
    2. We really need some new sets, of which I have a few suggestions:
    - Old Cash sets (I.E. Mercedes and Demon Slayer cash sets, haven't seen those in forever, Or the Orchid/Lotus Black Wings Uniforms)
    - Wondroid Cash sets, why? Cuz those 30 day teases are mean.
    - There are a lot of possibilities with stuff that could rotate out some of the old stuff (looking at you, Quack Quack ring) but what about a new set of Label rings such as Rose, Black, etc.
    - MORE WINGS! (What about the dryads dark counterpart...I forget the name)
    - Anyone else have some ideas? Id love to hear your thoughts.

P.S. I wish the Lucid/Midnight sets were in the Maplehood rotation, but I know that would just break the economy or something.
    x3TheZerox3
  • x3TheZerox3x3TheZerox3
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2018
    I def second the dark dryads wing. I mean, come on! The dryad wing looked cool, but I'd rather get the darker version for my DS rather than the white one (tho that wing on my aster would look fantastic - fingers crossed I'll get it after doing MHW like 7x on all diff mules >w<).
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited February 2018
    I really enjoyed the event, but I would like to see a whole new rotation of (NX) items and faces/hairs for the next time.

Gotta keep it fresh for people that participated this year, so that they can stay enthusiastic about it next time. <3
    ManiOhPetalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018
    SecondHero wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the event, but I would like to see a whole new rotation of (NX) items and faces/hairs for the next time.

Gotta keep it fresh for people that participated this year, so that they can stay enthusiastic about it next time. <3

EXACTLY! If we keep getting the same stuff it gets so stale and booooring.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Lots of free NX was possible, most of it was pretty good. The Time Master/Mistress ribbons were pretty neat since they don't take up much headspace, but the whole Time Master/Mistress sets were pretty stylish as well. The fact Maplehood happened during Cash Shop Transfer was great as well. But... I dunno, most of the NX had no synergy at all with each other.

The rewards from the Random Boxes suck completely as a character on Reboot. Forget that you never get Empress/CRA equips on the right characters, or that you mostly get chairs and metamorph potions, why are Trait EXP items being given out??? At the same time as Wonderoid that had mobs that dropped the exact same Trait EXP items by the dozens to.

Hairs and Faces overall were lackluster. Still hate Overjoyed Smile and Sesame faces.

Saturday rewards were kinda eh. I did get Legendary Ability on my Illium thanks to Saturday Miracle Circulators though, so that's pretty neat.

Overall... eh.

(psst, I still think that old free NX equips event from years ago should make a bold comeback one day, just saying...)
    Petalmagic
  • ArgentArgent
    edited February 2018
    I took the time to record how many of each item I obtained across about 25 or so characters on both days. These stats are in no way indicative of how the loot distribution is for all players.
    • Black Leather Pants = 7
    • Puffy Puff Dress = 4
    • Angel's Ribbon = 12
    • Chicky Pile = 10
    • Dryad = 3
    • Idol of the Birds = 9
    • Long-awaited Resort = 11
    • Princess of Time Pocket Watch = 11
    • Twinkling Rainbow = 8
    • Yummy Candy = 6
    • Arctic Mittens = 14
    • Whip Cream Bon Bon (F) = 7
    • Arctic Hood = 10
    • Banana Headphone Hat = 15
    • Block Party Cap = 11
    • Chain Crusher Cap = 9
    • Hula Feather Decoration = 7
    • Strawberry Headphone Hat = 13
    • Time Master Hat = 13
    • Time Mistress Hat = 11
    • Watermelon Headphone Hat = 15
    • Arctic Suit = 10
    • Balloon Overalls = 10
    • Peach Camellia Kimono = 10
    • Show me the Meso = 15
    • Sky Blue Picnic = 5
    • Sweet Patissier (M) = 5
    • Sweet Patissiere (F) = 6
    • Time Master (M) = 5
    • Time Mistress (F) = 4
    • Quack Quack Label Ring = 19
    • Quack Quack Word Bubble Ring = 13
    • Strawberry Cake Label Ring = 9
    • Strawberry Cake Word Bubble Ring = 9
    • Strawberry Label Ring = 21
    • Arctic Snow Shoes = 10
    • Blue Macaron Shoes (M) = 3
    • Pink Macaron Shoes (F) = 11
    • Time Master Shoes (M) = 2
    • Time Mistress Shoes (F) = 6
    • Frog Raindrop = 11
    • Gold Tailor Vest = 5
    • Arctic Narwhal Pillow = 13
    • Chicky-Chicky Boom = 13
    • Hula Hula Penglyn = 10
    • Iris Butterwand = 2
    • Peach Trio = 23
    • Pimp Stick = 9
    • Rose Butterwand = 6
    • Sweet Lollipop = 5

Fun notes:
    The more "premium" items appeared to be rarer than other items. Dyrad wings only appeared for me in the last few boxes of each day. I received no Iris wands on the first day. Male shoes of both kinds were almost non-existent.

Rings and Peach Trio can go burn in the incinerator for the rest of eternity.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited March 2018
    I took the time to record how many of each item I obtained across about 25 or so characters on both days. These stats are in no way indicative of how the loot distribution is for all players.
    • Black Leather Pants = 7
    • Puffy Puff Dress = 4
    • Angel's Ribbon = 12
    • Chicky Pile = 10
    • Dryad = 3
    • Idol of the Birds = 9
    • Long-awaited Resort = 11
    • Princess of Time Pocket Watch = 11
    • Twinkling Rainbow = 8
    • Yummy Candy = 6
    • Arctic Mittens = 14
    • Whip Cream Bon Bon (F) = 7
    • Arctic Hood = 10
    • Banana Headphone Hat = 15
    • Block Party Cap = 11
    • Chain Crusher Cap = 9
    • Hula Feather Decoration = 7
    • Strawberry Headphone Hat = 13
    • Time Master Hat = 13
    • Time Mistress Hat = 11
    • Watermelon Headphone Hat = 15
    • Arctic Suit = 10
    • Balloon Overalls = 10
    • Peach Camellia Kimono = 10
    • Show me the Meso = 15
    • Sky Blue Picnic = 5
    • Sweet Patissier (M) = 5
    • Sweet Patissiere (F) = 6
    • Time Master (M) = 5
    • Time Mistress (F) = 4
    • Quack Quack Label Ring = 19
    • Quack Quack Word Bubble Ring = 13
    • Strawberry Cake Label Ring = 9
    • Strawberry Cake Word Bubble Ring = 9
    • Strawberry Label Ring = 21
    • Arctic Snow Shoes = 10
    • Blue Macaron Shoes (M) = 3
    • Pink Macaron Shoes (F) = 11
    • Time Master Shoes (M) = 2
    • Time Mistress Shoes (F) = 6
    • Frog Raindrop = 11
    • Gold Tailor Vest = 5
    • Arctic Narwhal Pillow = 13
    • Chicky-Chicky Boom = 13
    • Hula Hula Penglyn = 10
    • Iris Butterwand = 2
    • Peach Trio = 23
    • Pimp Stick = 9
    • Rose Butterwand = 6
    • Sweet Lollipop = 5

Fun notes:
    The more "premium" items appeared to be rarer than other items. Dyrad wings only appeared for me in the last few boxes of each day. I received no Iris wands on the first day. Male shoes of both kinds were almost non-existent.

Rings and Peach Trio can go burn in the incinerator for the rest of eternity.

yeah, I am sick of the freakin rings too.