[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wedding Ring as a NX cover item

ZeaxanZeaxan
Reactions: 1,040
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey Nexon, how about a NX Wedding ring Cover Item instead of a equip so we can keep our normal battle equips on and still show off our commitment to our spouses!? Also considering it cost NX to buy a wedding ticket etc, why not through in something special ability on the ring like teleport to spouse or plus stats or bonus exp? We spent real money for something we don't even get to see very often and some of us are actually proud to display our love to the maple world.

What do you guys think Forum? If Nexon were to add wedding rings as a ring cover what bonus effect would your like??
Renni
  1. Which Effect would you want?14 votes
    1. % Bonus Exp while trainning together
       43% (6 votes)
    2. Teleport skill straight to spouse
       50% (7 votes)
    3. +X stats
       7% (1 vote)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2018
    I know wedding rings on FFXIV allow teleporting to spouse, and Im sure other games have wedding perks too...Maple's aren't all that great tbh. Id like the ring to be a cash cover so I can keep my BiS rings and show off my wedding ring...so this isnt the worst idea in the world.
    ZeaxanRenniSlicedTime
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    Everyone will just make mules on a second computer/laptop and marry a mule on a second account if these perks would be implemented, but more money for nexon per wedding ticket, at least for a short period, only if the perks of a nx wedding ring or regular ring would be good enough. Otherwise, bonus exp for training with your "spouse", or even teleporting wouldn't warrant a surge in weddings.
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited February 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I know wedding rings on FFXIV allow teleporting to spouse, and Im sure other games have wedding perks too...Maple's aren't all that great tbh. Id like the ring to be a cash cover so I can keep my BiS rings and show off my wedding ring...so this isnt the worst idea in the world.

In the previous marriage system, you could get Heart Stones (I believe that's what they were called) for commitment ceremonies, which essentially do what you mentioned: they teleport you to your spouse upon use. However, the new system seems to only power up the commitment ring, which gives hardly useful stats.

Also in the previous marriage system, your chosen wedding ring should have given an effect when together, but it was bugged for years and would no longer show.

I do like the idea of the wedding ring being a cash equip instead of a regular equip, since it was supposed to work somewhat like friendship/couple rings. It would be cool to use it teleport to your spouse, though it would need time restrictions so that it's not too overpowering. Otherwise, it could just be a cash equip while they bring back Heart Stones and make the stones more available.

Edit: Apparently they were called Heart Return Stones. As in, you return your heart to where "home" is. :^)
    Zeaxan
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited February 2018
    Make rings NX like the Nyan hat. +% EXP and Drop while on a map with your spouse. If married, you can TP to your Spouse twice per day.

And revamp Amoria PQ to make it Star Force and Arcane Power based on certain levels. Difficult but worth it and mix different game mechanics to make it a bit challenging. Have items include things like Onyx Apples, trait boosts, cubes, fusion anvils, crafting materials, recipes, etc.
    Zeaxan
  • ZeaxanZeaxan
    edited February 2018
    SecondHero wrote: »
    Make rings NX like the Nyan hat. +% EXP and Drop while on a map with your spouse. If married, you can TP to your Spouse twice per day.

And revamp Amoria PQ to make it Star Force and Arcane Power based on certain levels. Difficult but worth it and mix different game mechanics to make it a bit challenging. Have items include things like Onyx Apples, trait boosts, cubes, fusion anvils, crafting materials, recipes, etc.

I actually really like this idea, but sadly I HIGHLY doubt Nexon would give so much. They would just make wedding rings expire every 30 days if they gave that much benefit.
    Renni
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    The bad thing would be, getting divorced and re marrying for another ring. Unless they make it a unique equipped item.
  • ZeaxanZeaxan
    edited February 2018
    The bad thing would be, getting divorced and re marrying for another ring. Unless they make it a unique equipped item.

It would be a NX cover and the effect would only work with the spouse you married at the time and yes like the normal wedding ring I would think it being a Unique equip would make sense.
    Renni
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Allrings.PNG

I'm dying to have the old ring couple effects back as CS cover instead for married people. Sorry to whoever designed the new one, but it's garbage.
    Amoria also needs to be reopened to the public instead of only accessible through hyper teleport rock. Or make the PQ accessible through the PQ entrance map.
    RenniSlicedTimeZeaxanBeauty
  • ZeaxanZeaxan
    edited March 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Allrings.PNG

I'm dying to have the old ring couple effects back as CS cover instead for married people. Sorry to whoever designed the new one, but it's garbage.
    Amoria also needs to be reopened to the public instead of only accessible through hyper teleport rock. Or make the PQ accessible through the PQ entrance map.

I agree, I also miss actually collecting the materials to make the ring. Kinda built into the whole Role play of the game. Might sound corny, but I enjoyed it.
  • BeautyBeauty
    Reactions: 1,885
    edited March 2018
    Allrings.PNG

I miss the effects of those rings dam idek why nexon wanted to take those effects away and making us spent nx on those nx rings. Truthfully most nx rings are ugly asfk. The only good ring would prob be venus fireworks, crosshearted and maybe mistletoe. I agree the new rings' effect are just trash compare to the old ones.

Zeaxan
  • MsCoffeeMsCoffee
    Reactions: 300
    Allrings.PNG

I would so love to have then marriage rings quest, and effects back. It was a huge deal when it first came out and a lot of fun. I really miss the old effects and the choice of rings. To be able to teleport to your spouse would be an Awesome addition too. I know back then a wedding would cost 15 to 30 dollars. Nexon should reimburse those of us who spent that amount and are still happily married.