[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Codex hotkey replaced with "Safe Mode" hotkey

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2018 in Bug Reporting
Codex hot key is replaced by "Safe Mode" hot key.
(Happened before with Maple Achievement.)

Comments

• mjgj96mjgj96
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited February 2018
    I saw no info in the patch notes for v.193 saying anything about a safe mode. When I went to press my hotkey to open up Monster Book (the one with familiars, not collection) I had the game ask me for my PIN instead. Seems that this feature made it in without the knowing of Nexon NA?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
    YinYangX
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Probably goes without saying, but also the Crusader Codex is missing and can't access familiars...
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited February 2018
    How do i get out of safe mode? I can't communicate with anyone now....

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Semi-related note, but there was also no mention about the "Safe Mode" in the patch notes (unless I missed, but don't think so with ctrl+f).
  • Yael_TYael_T
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2018
    the crusade codex has been replaced with safe mode...
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Yael_T wrote: »
    the crusade codex has been replaced with safe mode...

Please read the Bug Reporting Guidelines: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6845/maplestory-bug-reporting-guidelines#latest
    "Check to see it has already been reported. Skim through the forum to see if the bug you want to report has already been reported. There is no need to double post as it only creates clutter."
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited February 2018
    No wonder my monster book key button was replaced (again).
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    its just futre that come from KMS and they dont have crusdaer codex/familiars ?
    copy/paste ftw
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited February 2018
    12.png

I made a Mechanic today and the 'N' Monster Book is no where to be found. "Monster Collection" is obviously not it, there isn't even a button for it, it's just not there. I'm still able to add familiars but I am unable to open the book to use them.

IGN: Fembottie
    World: Broa
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    I merged these three threads because they're one and the same.

It's a known issue, already forwarded.
    Khongi
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Xenomata wrote: »
    Probably goes without saying, but also the Crusader Codex is missing and can't access familiars...

You can still access your codex through the Codex item in your Eqiup UI (below pocket slot)
    bootlicker wrote: »

You just have to enter your pin (the one you do at character select).
  • StaplerMisfireStaplerMisfire
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited February 2018

YinYangX wrote: »
    Xenomata wrote: »

You can still access your codex through the Codex item in your Eqiup UI (below pocket slot)
    bootlicker wrote: »

You just have to enter your pin (the one you do at character select).

Entering my pin didn't turn off safe mode for me. But if I check the option for popping out the chat in windowed mode, then I can communicate in windowed mode. If safe mode not toggling for me is an additional bug, plz say so and I'll fill out a bug report.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Entering my pin didn't turn off safe mode for me. But if I check the option for popping out the chat in windowed mode, then I can communicate in windowed mode. If safe mode not toggling for me is an additional bug, plz say so and I'll fill out a bug report.

Jw, what happened when you entered your pin?
    edited February 2018

The chat window looked exactly the same as before -- no place to type.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018

The chat window looked exactly the same as before -- no place to type.

Er, don't think Safe Mode is related to the chat box. Pretty sure Safe Mode is a mini lock that keep you from doing anything in game until you re-enter, for use when you're using a public computer and afk.
    If you enter the your pin and the keypad disappears and game screen gets brighter again, that means you exited "Safe Mode", so , no, entering your pin did turn off Safe Mode.
    edited March 2018

Er, don't think Safe Mode is related to the chat box. Pretty sure Safe Mode is a mini lock that keep you from doing anything in game until you re-enter, for use when you're using a public computer and afk.
    If you enter the your pin and the keypad disappears and game screen gets brighter again, that means you exited "Safe Mode", so , no, entering your pin did turn off Safe Mode.

The only thing that I noticed that changed when hit my Monster Book key and entered my pin was that the chat window lost its place for me to type. It happened immediately, and neither trying to toggle Safe Mode off nor exiting the game and restarting brought back my chat capabilities. If the screen dimmed, it was imperceptible to me. I tried it a few times and nothing made me think the game was locked at any point. Bootlicker, above, is also not able to communicate with anyone --no mention of locked game.

If the chat window behavior doesn't magically fix itself overnight, I will contact Support with the issue, based on your description of the appropriate behavior of Safe Mode, because what I'm seeing is not what you're describing.

• 9gag9gag
    Reactions: 270
    edited March 2018
    Fore now just do this...
    DWbWNiQ.jpg
    ChemXBust
  • ChemXBustChemXBust
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2018
    9gag wrote: »
    Fore now just do this...
    DWbWNiQ.jpg

I didn't know we could access the Monster Book by doing this. Thanks for the tip!
    edited March 2018

The only thing that I noticed that changed when hit my Monster Book key and entered my pin was that the chat window lost its place for me to type. It happened immediately, and neither trying to toggle Safe Mode off nor exiting the game and restarting brought back my chat capabilities. If the screen dimmed, it was imperceptible to me. I tried it a few times and nothing made me think the game was locked at any point. Bootlicker, above, is also not able to communicate with anyone --no mention of locked game.

If the chat window behavior doesn't magically fix itself overnight, I will contact Support with the issue, based on your description of the appropriate behavior of Safe Mode, because what I'm seeing is not what you're describing.

LOL. Turns out that the actual "issue" is that I didn't know that you could just hit Enter to start typing in chat. All these years, I've been mouse navigating to the chat window...