[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

EXP Pendant + Random crashes

KajichuuKajichuu
Reactions: 200
Nexon, i know the point of the pendant is to stay logged to get the 30% Bouns XP BUT sometimes the game will just randomly crash or maplestory.exe has stopped working and kills the pendant back to 10%.

Is it possible to give the users 3 to 5 minutes before the pendant "Debuffs" if we log back in quickly? feels unfair to lose the time spent in game only to lose it to a random crash. Can something be done about this?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    The January 4th KMS patch implemented this change.
    The Pendant of the Spirit will now retain your equipped time if you log out and reconnect to the game.
    • Your equipped time will be retained for the day. At midnight, the time will be reset.
    • If your Pendant of the Spirit is unequipped or it expires, your equipped time will be reset.
    • This will apply only to your equipped Pendant of the Spirit, not other Pendants.
    Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2018/01/04/kms-ver-1-2-289-maplestory-ark-ark-the-boy-who-became-a-monster/

Going by the usual update schedule, we should expect to see this in GMS this summer.
    YinYangXRenniKajichuu
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Kajichuu wrote: »
    Nexon, i know the point of the pendant is to stay logged to get the 30% Bouns XP BUT sometimes the game will just randomly crash or maplestory.exe has stopped working and kills the pendant back to 10%.

Is it possible to give the users 3 to 5 minutes before the pendant "Debuffs" if we log back in quickly? feels unfair to lose the time spent in game only to lose it to a random crash. Can something be done about this?

Jw, how is this a bug?
  • KajichuuKajichuu
    edited March 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Kajichuu wrote: »

Jw, how is this a bug?

do you see how many posts i have? yea, thanks.
    anyways, random crashes for no reason does seem like a bug to me haha. The pendant thing is something of a side effect of suffering said random crash.
  • KajichuuKajichuu
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    The Pendant of the Spirit will now retain your equipped time if you log out and reconnect to the game.
    • Your equipped time will be retained for the day. At midnight, the time will be reset.
    • If your Pendant of the Spirit is unequipped or it expires, your equipped time will be reset.
    • This will apply only to your equipped Pendant of the Spirit, not other Pendants.
    Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2018/01/04/kms-ver-1-2-289-maplestory-ark-ark-the-boy-who-became-a-monster/

Going by the usual update schedule, we should expect to see this in GMS this summer.

God KMS read my mind!
    hahah thank you very much! :D

But in the mean time, still stinks if we get random D/C'd =w=;
  • LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2018

It's cool that it will keep a total running time for the day, but say I have been logged in all day, so my pend is at 30%, and I stay logged in through the daily server reset time. This makes it seem like, even though I've been logged in well over 3 hours and my pend is 30%, once the server resets, so does the pend exp bonus? That's BS if so.
  • KajichuuKajichuu
    edited March 2018

It's cool that it will keep a total running time for the day, but say I have been logged in all day, so my pend is at 30%, and I stay logged in through the daily server reset time. This makes it seem like, even though I've been logged in well over 3 hours and my pend is 30%, once the server resets, so does the pend exp bonus? That's BS if so.

Just accept the daily reset! sure it kinda sucks but i think overall it will be better to combat all the random D/Cs nexon cant possibly fix , Use the time /not/ at 30% to either do Profession things, Market stuff or daily bosses that dont really matter for EXP. Maybe if you were on the PC all day and HIT your reset, maybe also use the time to get up and walk around a bit, stretch, take a break.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018

I don't play KMS so I don't know for sure, but it sounds to me like it will only reset if you're offline at server midnight. If you're online and wearing your pendant there is no reason for the "charge" on it to disappear at daily reset.