[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Free Market is Closing soon - What now?

PleinairPleinair
Reactions: 1,320
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28016/free-market-closing-soon

Well on the bright side, no more keeping my computer in-game 24/7 because I'm in my store permit little store trying to sell items, which also means no more worrying for disconnections and crashes while I'm afk and losing my selling hours.
On the bad side of things, this means that we will be limited just to Auction House 10 slots and the direct player to player sales which is less convenient in comparison to what we have now with 16-24 spot store permits and all those Auto Sellers that more rich people can afford regularly.

Another matter that comes in mind is what would happen with all those people who try to sell items for more than max mesos right now in FM?
How would they advertise their items in-game effectively and will it actually bring down prices to buyables in Auction House?
With that said, the meso cap is expected to increase to 30b per character which is both good and bad, but still a drop in the ocean for a lot of godly stuff out there and permanent items.

Another two matters I almost forgot to mention is the issues of finding it harder to detect dupes in the Auction House compared to the FM now, as well as the issue of lossing an important social function and activity the FM represents for many players.
  1. Is closing the Free Market a good move or bad one?34 votes
    1. Yes, it's a great move and we will rely mostly on Auction House from now on to our delight!
       59% (20 votes)
    2. No, it's a bad move and now that FM will be closed we loss the ability to buy/sell/advertise godlies
       41% (14 votes)

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I'm in favor of removing FM, but after auction house is a viable option for all trades and actual auctions.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    They should extend the 24 hour period for AH, sometimes you're only a few hours away from getting the mesos you need, then it expires in the AH.
  • Saint333Saint333
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2018
    Where oh where will those annoying spam bots go now? ;)
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited February 2018
    Being Bronze MVP or higher gives you 25 slots in the AH, which is nice.
    Really glad to see we're getting this update soon. Only thing I really want to see is making the AH multi-server, so items put up can be bought from any world. That'd help the more dead servers so much.
  • Saint333Saint333
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2018
    SlayerJ wrote: »
    ...Only thing I really want to see is making the AH multi-server, so items put up can be bought from any world. That'd help the more dead servers so much.
    They should just merge all the non reboot servers at this point. Increase the number of channels. Kind of pointless having so many dead servers.
    RyoMan
  • PleinairPleinair
    edited February 2018
    Does this include the very first Bronze Tier @SlayerJ ??

• SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited February 2018
    Pleinair wrote: »

I believe so. And I just checked, it puts you at 30 slots not 25. :x Not 100% sure if you lose your bronze tier, you lose the extra slots too.
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited February 2018
    So what happens to those items priced higher than max meso limit? Guess players will never sell them or perhaps the price will go down as KMS?
  • PleinairPleinair
    edited February 2018
    Pleinair wrote: »

I believe so. And I just checked, it puts you at 30 slots not 25. :x Not 100% sure if you lose your bronze tier, you lose the extra slots too.

I've just been informed today by two separate sources that only MVP Special Ranks like Silver, Gold, and Diamond receive extra Auction House sale slots, so I'm not sure whether Bronze MVP tiers do get extra sale slots like you said here? :s
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018

You cannot lose Bronze MVP status.
    edited February 2018
    The only thing I have found in free market cheaper than auction house were throwing stars. At some point I found balanced furies for 800mil when they were 999 in ah, and crystal ilbis I found some at some points for 500 when they were 600-800 in auction house
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I hadn't considered it until after the announcement of the FM removal but I am concerned with the amount of items you can sell under the new system.

With the auction house you can only list 10 items unless you're mvp silver or higher. Ten free is nice and all but if you wanted to sell 20 items at a time in the fm it only cost you 20k nx per month not 100k per month on average to maintain silver.
  • PeyPey
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2018
    Dont merge the servers, then you wont be able to do bosses, ill crash and lag, and quit. Im glad el nido is east coast major difference in lag, its playable and fun again. We do need a multiserver market though, thatd be cool, and somewhere people goto trade, cause now the fm is gone no one i drawn in there to trade normally. I hope dupes get deleted by the auction house, the FM was the dupe xploit it seems... Im scared ill get a duped item later, when im high lvl. Oh well.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    Are we going back to Perion ch1? xD No, seriously... how are we gonna sell stuff O.o
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2018
    Are we going back to Perion ch1? xD No, seriously... how are we gonna sell stuff O.o

You can buy and sell items through the auction house. Open the menu button with three horizontal lines on it and select "Auction house".
    Items remain on sale for 24 hours. When an item is bought or expires, you can claim the mesos, reclaim the item, or relist the item at the same price by selecting the "Complete" tab. You can also retrieve items you've purchased in the "Complete" tab.

There is an NPC that explains auction house located in the FM entrance map, to the right of the Crystal Collector.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    But an auction is kinda lame... I mean... it's good for the seller but bad for the buyer since you have to struggle to buy what you want instead of just paying the price they ask for the item directly.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2018
    But an auction is kinda lame... I mean... it's good for the seller but bad for the buyer since you have to struggle to buy what you want instead of just paying the price they ask for the item directly.

The auction house is not an actual auction. You directly purchase the items for the given price when you buy; no bidding.
    RyoMan
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    I like the Auction House. It eliminates the botters, hackers, duppers, scammers, and greedies from flooding the market with over priced goods.
    edited March 2018
    RyoMan wrote: »
    I like the Auction House. It eliminates the botters, hackers, duppers, scammers, and greedies from flooding the market with over priced goods.

They still have some monopolization but it isn't like the FM used to be.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    RyoMan wrote: »

what stops them from using the auction house exactly?