[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is Your Main and Why Do You Play It?

UserRedUserRed
Reactions: 1,590
edited March 2018 in General Chat
I personally main a Corsair. The reason I mained it was because it had a gun and wasn't Jett. Yes, that is the actual reason.
EdwardRoger

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2018
    In reboot, I main phantom because of the skill animation for Mille Aiguille, how the cape manifests out of nowhere.
    Windia, I chose Thief cause it was just 4 branches at the time.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2018
    For me it's the bowmaster. I chose it after witnessing my cousin training at the forest of Golems. I thought strafe was just such a cool looking ability. I had to have it for myself.
    Isles
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I main an Angelic Buster because I thought her design was pretty
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2018
    I am a Dual Blade because I had a weird obsession with Japanese Knives and their asymmetrical bevel or single beveled designed (Japanese Western Knives vs Traditional Japanese Knives.) It brings out the Iron Chef Morimoto in me when i use 2 knives like how he used 2 knives to chop up a tartare.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Mercedes main, and I love Mercedes for multiple reasons:
    -Unique playstyle, she doesn't sit in one spot like majority of classes do for mobbing.
    - She has god tier mobility her skills alone, making her one of the most mobile classes in the game. She can even climb up ladders instantly fast from her passive climbing ability.
    - No arrows needed in Use tab of Item Inventory.
    - No need to rebuff manually. Although she has 4 buffs: Booster, Water Shield, Ancient Warding, Maple Warrior. Most people don't auto buff Maple warrior, although I myself auto buff it for one reason: I find Water Shield pretty useless to cast after a certain point like Arcane River since mobs do 1 damage after certain AF and also her passive heal from her beginner tab. (Makes me wonder if Nexon will decide to make Water Shield passive one day and change Water Shield hypers to maybe Leaf Torando hypers since all water shield hypers are pretty garbage.)
    - Rarely ever gets nerfed in balancing patches, and instead gets buffs due to Nexon KMS understanding how underplayed/weak Mercedes is.
    - Unicorns are life, 5th job unicorn makes mobbing so much fun.
    - Doesn't need potions, seriously, Mana has never a issue after a certain level since it is like impossible to run out, thanks to her passive regenerating to keeping it full, same with HP at later game like Arcane River.
    thegreatsoulInvulgoNexirus
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2018
    I main Demon Slayer for a few reasons. 1. When it came out I actually got up at like 4am to make one (the game went down due to severe glitching on Demon Slayer so I didn't get ot actually play it) although I was rather drawn to OG Bishop before RED, and Demon Avenger before it got nerfed (RIP 4th job mobbing) so I always ended up coming back to it. I love the skill animations and colors...along with hte cash shop set (boy I wish we could get that back)
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited March 2018
    Dark Knight in Windia. Started playing before BB when it was hard as hell to level but still made it to Dragon Knight. I liked the use of a spear as a melee weapon (always was drawn to really cool looking spears). Roar was my favorite ability and I loved the screen shaking and map clear in Henesys hunting grounds. When the class switched over to Dark Knight and removed all mention of dragons from the class, I still enjoyed the near infinite HP and decent unfunded damage it provided. Not to mention the skills look pretty cool and berserk aura is a really cool shade of purple.
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited March 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    For me it's the bowmaster. I chose it after witnessing my cousin training at the forest of Golems. I thought strafe was just such a cool looking ability. I had to have it for myself.

don't have a BM but.. they fking removed Strafe and Ultimate Strafe for MM D:<
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited March 2018
    Gota say there is alot of love for archer classes here (hint hint nexon) but i main a paladin for only one reason...i simply love being a wall in every game! it just feels good to know your team is buggered if you fall making me want to work that much harder...but thats in other games here it's just well...you know...
  • UksuUksu
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited March 2018
    Battle Mage because I love magic and fight monsters up close.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

don't have a BM but.. they removed Strafe and Ultimate Strafe for MM D:<

R.I.P Strafe </3
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited March 2018
    Dawn Warrior cause it's easy af
  • thegreatsoulthegreatsoul
    Reactions: 720
    edited March 2018
    Rheariel wrote: »
    Mercedes main, and I love Mercedes for multiple reasons:
    -Unique playstyle, she doesn't sit in one spot like majority of classes do for mobbing.
    - She has god tier mobility her skills alone, making her one of the most mobile classes in the game. She can even climb up ladders instantly fast from her passive climbing ability.
    - No arrows needed in Use tab of Item Inventory.
    - No need to rebuff manually. Although she has 4 buffs: Booster, Water Shield, Ancient Warding, Maple Warrior. Most people don't auto buff Maple warrior, although I myself auto buff it for one reason: I find Water Shield pretty useless to cast after a certain point like Arcane River since mobs do 1 damage after certain AF and also her passive heal from her beginner tab. (Makes me wonder if Nexon will decide to make Water Shield passive one day and change Water Shield hypers to maybe Leaf Torando hypers since all water shield hypers are pretty garbage.)
    - Rarely ever gets nerfed in balancing patches, and instead gets buffs due to Nexon KMS understanding how underplayed/weak Mercedes is.
    - Unicorns are life, 5th job unicorn makes mobbing so much fun.
    - Doesn't need potions, seriously, Mana has never a issue after a certain level since it is like impossible to run out, thanks to her passive regenerating to keeping it full, same with HP at later game like Arcane River.

same here, I also main Mercedes (191 rn, hoping to be 200 in 5 days with 2 lv portions)
    the main reason for me to main is simply because I saw the trailer and was instantly in love with it (she was so damn cute in the trailer)
    her skills are also amazing, currently as 4th jobs, I found Wraith of Enlil being the best skill, high damage with good range
    the only problem with my Mercedes is the hp (help me master), the mp is never an issue
  • EkiaEkia
    Reactions: 310
    edited March 2018
    Battlemage and i play it because i cant switch off to another main with out paying real money for psoks :(.
  • MENTALHERBMENTALHERB
    Reactions: 200
    Dual Blade, because it was the first character I made years ago and I feel like I have a personal bond with it. It's kinda wierd. But also nice, I guess.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    Xenon.
    Personally, I would never even consider the idea of changing my main.
    Been looking forward to this job ever since it was released and I can say, I'm still impressed to this day. I could probably write a whole essay on why it will always be my favourite.
    • The idea of all stats, minus INT. Saves you from many re-cubing attempts. But unfortunately, you're going to have to settle for best STR, DEX, LUK as all stats is very difficult to roll.
    • Modal Shift is really intuitive. One express key to switch from a training skill to a bossing skill when using Mecha Purge.
    • Entangling Lash, a binding skill, very useful to have as some jobs do not have bind.
    • Aegis System and Pinpoint Salvo, fun to see random projectiles shooting at monsters.
    • Promessa Escape is like a free teleport rock but with a CD of 10mins, not a bad trade off.
    • Great mobility, we've got Diagonal Chase and triple jump, quad jump is possible too if you know how to use Combat Switch: Fission skill just after the last jump. Mind blowing height.
    • Beam Dance is a great training skill. It was better when the skill didn't have a time limit, but still it's cuts through all close ranged monsters easily.
    • Hypogram: Force Field, just to deal that extra bit of damage. It's like a game of bouncy balls. But deadly.
    • Omega Blaster, really nice bossing skill, not to mention it's such an overwhelming energy beam to look at. Blinding sometimes too.
    • Orbital Cataclysm. Hits 15. Decent at mobbing. But in my opinion it's aka Zakum's and Horntail's nemesis. CD is 1 minute.
    • Core Overload increases final damage by 1% per surplus energy.
    • Amazing link skill. Hybrid Logic. 10% all stats at Lv 2.
    • I major in medical radiation. I love all things chemistry and physics related. I just love the real life purpose of Xenon too, used in many light sources and it produces a beautiful blue glow when excited by an electrical discharge.
    • The perfect job for Rei (from Evangelion). Just look at those Liberty Boosters.
      7FtSb7v.png

<3
    ToreishiInvulgothegreatsoul
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited March 2018
    Night Lord. I just love the play style because it is simple and easy to control. Not a fan of attacks that make you move and i hate slow attacks
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited March 2018
    Before my Battle Mage became my main, I actually main'd Night Walker and then moved on to main Bishop because Cygnus Knights used to be locked at Lv. 120.

Before my Bishop was a Bishop, I enjoyed training at the Haunted House as a Cleric/Priest because it was such a breeze, I blew by many levels in a few hours. Holy skills are very effective on undead monsters, and all I needed to bring was a Jr. Boogie familiar, no potions were needed.

I had some interest in Battle Mage while I was a Bishop main, I created one and played on it once in a while. It was exactly the job that I was looking for: it was a Magician but has some traits of a Warrior, but I was reluctant to make the switch because I already made a lot of progress on my Bishop. It was that one fateful day that I decided to buy Royal Coupons on my Battle Mage that I was completely won over. I got Odd Eyes in 2 coupons, and Lively Waved in 3 coupons. I wanted those styles SO badly on my Bishop, but I didn't get any of them on my Bishop prior to trying on my Battle Mage (and I used a lot more coupons on my Bishop too...).

I love playing as a Battle Mage because:

- auras, having many useful boosts, being able to switch to any aura that works best in a situation
    - tankiness, having a huge pool of HP, being able of take a LOTS of damage
    - survivability, rarely requiring the use of potions, only ever needing them when bossing
    - stance, being able of resist all knockback from monsters and bosses
    - variety, not standing in one spot spamming one skill, being required to dash around the map using many skills to maximize damage
    - well-rounded, capable of dealing good damage and completing most game content with some funding
    - 2 for 1 deal, you want magical skills but also want to attack in the frontlines like a warrior?

OuaQQec.png
    SnowedRyoManTaehyung
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    >:)

I change mains as often as I do clothes... Everyday lol

But my highest is a Bishop primarily it is because in his 90s back in the day people liked to party and Bishops were perfect for that.

Even though now people like to solo, I kinda transformed my Bishop to be a solo goer. I still enjoy portions of him like heal. I spend more on Mana but eventually he is able to buy a bulk of them. I train a lot of characters to help fund my Bishop.

I like:
    Angel Ray
    HS
    and of course his anime look (=

Other then that, he is my highest because he is my original and training him just feels right.

>:)
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited March 2018
    before i quit long long long ago just after bing bang i rolled a mech and rage quit over booming my empress gun. came back a few years later for the attack on titan update played every single character class, and found out i loved playing demon avenger the most. love their play style, been 2 years and a bit since i mained DA and i enjoy the play styl;e above all others i will never abandon DA, but i always of course am open to alt mains if any new chars come out that turn to to be awsome to play.

sad us DA's don;t get much love these days are 5th job skills are niche or too dangerous to use, summon mastema being one the worst, to invest soo much to max that skill out for a summon that adds hardly any damage like completely negligible and she doesn;t really help our survivability either. I swear the skill should be a toggle where u can hagve her out 100% up time and her little shield skill just have a cd on it, that would make it actually useful =)