[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is Your Main and Why Do You Play It?

Comments

• Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited March 2018
    I main an Illium because throwing spears at crystals is fun.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    This is gonna sound silly, but as of now (and for the foreseeable future) I main a Bishop on Reboot because I prefer being supportive to my group over being a main damage dealer. I can actually tell of a few times where my Bishop-y abilities were called upon or were useful in the current boss run, such as providing Mystic Door to help a person out with 5th job, Heavens Door buff stopping a full party death because of Chaos Crimson Queens fire breath, and just giving everyone 8 minute Bishop buffs because why not, 8 minutes of Holy Symbol and Advanced Blessing.

As it so happens, I also tend to lock in a Support character in Overwatch, my MVP in 7th gen Pokemon is a Comfey who helps keep my team healthy, and my favorite classes in Fire Emblem tend to be staff users.
  • PrincessNinjatoPrincessNinjato
    Reactions: 1,845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Angelic Buster
    I love Magical girls and so many perks just happen to work out for me in the end.
    Cute powers, Gifts the day I made her, Crazy AoE's that just looks crazy fun.
    Wearing 2 sets of NX
    Having no MP to worry about and can now use skills all I want.

I am amazed I am still to this day having fun with the class.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Night Walker, cause I'm obsessed with Darkness. =L
    FOR THE EMPRESS! F555
    Wesleyx3
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Phantom because throwing cards are fun and phantom makes my boyhood quiver
    DarkPassenger
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2018
    sad us DA's don;t get much love these days are 5th job skills are niche or too dangerous to use, summon mastema being one the worst, to invest soo much to max that skill out for a summon that adds hardly any damage like completely negligible and she doesn;t really help our survivability either. I swear the skill should be a toggle where u can hagve her out 100% up time and her little shield skill just have a cd on it, that would make it actually useful =)

I feel you. My theory is Nexon see them KMS DPM charts and see DA's up near the top so they don't do anything for the class.

The 5th job skills are so bad most of the time that I've taken Demonic Blast of my keyboard and Fenzy only gets used when a boss is bound. I was hoping to get a decent mobbing move or something since Lunar Slash gets boring on the road to 250.
    Arch_Alyssa
  • EdwardRogerEdwardRoger
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 2018
    Main a bowmaster in Grazed cuz I like the Explorer class xD. He not the best and not the worst. The problem is I always got meme-ed :( feelsad
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    Im an I/L Mage, the original Flashy class. They had the best mobbing in Second and 3rd Job when it was released. We always competed with F/P mages to see which was really stronger. Back in old maple before Big Bang you choose either one, and you stuck with it. It was taboo for a I/L mage to switch and create a F/P mage. It is because of this that I play an I/L mage forever representing what true mages are all about. Videos of Curryishot is why I played an I/L mage
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2018
    I main DA (previously Paladin, but rip pally).
    I just don't like squishy jobs.
    EdwardRoger
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited March 2018
    I main a Bishop, it's the first character I ever created in MS and was a major stepping stone in learning how to play supportive roles in other MMOs. Still enjoy MS Bishop's delicate balance of sustainability and responsibility albeit remaining on the bottom rung of DPS contributions; but 'tis my cross to bear...
    RyoMan
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    I no longer play my main. My main used to be my hero YamiTetsuya but people back then only wanted Dragon Knights on their party cuz of their massive buff. However I played that character the most and had other 2 secondary characters... a thief and a magician (who I deleted later and made another character). So only my hero and thief have their original mark of Beta. After Big Bang I made a female Mech because I can (cuz you could only make characters of your own gender before) and played that one a lot then made a Luminous and then a Kaiser and a... that pop idol character (forgot name) and other characters... now I'm playing my Mech. Hate she lost her Hammer attack... I loved that one.
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited March 2018
    I kinda have two mains, which I train as together as possible (using two computers, since they are different accounts): a Bishop and a Dark Knight.

My original main, the first character I ever made in MapleStory, was an I/L Archmage which I played along with my sister, who played a Bowmaster. But then she quit for a long time and I didn't want the character I played with her to become higher level than her character, in case she ever wanted to come back, but I also didn't want to just quit the game. So I made a cleric, which was another class I always wanted to try, and she became my main.

Back in the day, it was pretty necessary for clerics to have a Dark Knight friend who would give them Hyper Body to be able to survive training at Master Death Teddies or stuff like that (at least, to train more easily and without dying so much), but I had no friends left who would actively play the game still... So, I made my own Dark Knight and loved the class. I love Paladins more (and I also have a Paladin who I'm trying to get to level 200 soon), but my Dark Knight captivated me so much that it couldn't be just a helper for my cleric, and so they both became my "mains".

Now, that I've played almost every class (except a few of the newer ones), I still love my Bishop and my Dark Knight, and I'm loving my Paladin as she grows. :) I like some of the newer classes as well (Mercedes and Evan, for instance), I love most Explorer jobs, but I've found that I can't really play thieves of any kind. My most successful one has been a Phantom, but even though I at least survive playing that one (unlike my Night Lord, which goes to train and ends up losing % of exp since I die so much... -_-), I still don't quite like it. I also don't like these weird hybrid or strange (for me) classes, like Xenon and Zero, hahaha. :) I'm more of a traditionalist and enjoy warriors and magicians more than anything else. :) But, my favorites are still my Bishop and my Dark Knight. They are the perfect combo together (though it's hard to do still playing with two characters at the same time and I can't really go to bosses or stuff and help myself out xD) and they give me two options: to be strong and kill fast and relatively easily (Dark Knight) or to save money and to gain more exp and stuff like that.

Originally, I wanted to become a cleric because I loved PQing and clerics were always needed (specially in Ludi PQ) and most of them usually sucked: you relied on them to be healed but they were trying to kill Alishar by themselves with their little attack power and left everyone else to die. So I wanted to become a cleric to be a GOOD cleric and focus on healing and supporting others. Still, to this day, that's what I like to do the most, but I have no more friends playing, no sister playing, so I don't really have anyone to party with and to support. :( So, I've been trying to make my Bishop more of an "attacker" so training by myself gets a little easier and stuff. But, my original idea always was to be the supportive one in the party. Which is one of the reasons why I also like Paladins: if I'm not being the one supporting the party and healing, I like the idea of being the tank and surviving almost everything with relative ease, even if I'm not the strongest one around, hahaha.

Anyways, here are my three "mains":

Bishop:
    Soli200.png

Dark Knight (based on a character from .hack//sign):
    Krim200.png

Paladin:
    THMKS157a.png

:)

Explorers for the win! xD

• iSleepiSleep
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2018
    Dark Knight, I loved the designs of lower level spears (Forked Spear, Nakamaki, Impaler, Tongue, Holy Spear, Redemption, Omega, FF). I still kept some of them on my DK and rest of it somewhere in my account.

Dragon Knight was awesome too, rip the og DK.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited March 2018
    Playing a Kanna right now as my main. I get tired of being called a support class when I have an 8m range buffed. It is good for farming node stones or it was until they nerfed how drop equips worked. It is just fun to teleport through monsters and see them die. Some day when I finally get it to 250 I will go back to my DrK, assuming they don't raise level cap to 300. ;)
  • MhatMhat
    Reactions: 640
    edited March 2018
    Maining a Jett, because I'm a space cowboiii.

Dashing trough monster fields.
    Pulling all mobs in clp to make people think a hacker has been there.
    Killing mobs with my favorite skill planet buster and last but not least finishing bosses with your hyper skill just makes me happy.

Jett is a realy fun class yet it could use some adjustments for smoother gameplay

*Would not recommend playing Jett tough.
    Jett needs buffs to make it a bit more satisfying in the end game to have it at high level and funded.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited March 2018
    Zero. Cuz it has combos that are smooth as phuk. Pretty good solo play char. Dispite the kms charts, zero is still mowing down bosses when used correctly. Even with low range. It has such a good survivability due to Beta's passive skills. Zero all day, every day.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2018
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    Zero. Cuz it has combos that are smooth as phuk. Pretty good solo play char. Dispite the kms charts, zero is still mowing down bosses when used correctly. Even with low range. It has such a good survivability due to Beta's passive skills. Zero all day, every day.

Would main zero, but Im in Reboot :T
    Arch_AlyssaDough
  • SilentJudicatorSilentJudicator
    Reactions: 880
    edited March 2018
    Wow, just like the thread starter, my main is a corsair. Simply because I like the use of a gun and the ruthless freedom of being a pirate. Everyone bandwagoned to buccaneers when it came out, and it was fun watching my gun slinger grow to what it is today. I also have my I/L arch mage from the beta testing days till now, and my paladin because I like the ultimate defence and the elemental warrior idea.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited March 2018
    My main is a Blade Master. I usually go for dual wield as my main in most games. I don't care if it's swords, axes or guns as long as i can wield 2 of them. It's funny because the first character i created was actually an Aran for some reason, but i couldn't play it because my brand of headset somehow messed the game up and made it unplayable. I figured this out a day later and made a dual blade guy instead. Currently lvl 217 and no regrets whatsoever. I have no intention of changing my main any time soon. Still having to much fun with slowly increasing his range bit by bit and i enjoy seeing lots of consistent dmg lines.
    I have played about a dozen other characters since then (still no Aran though) for link and legion, but most of them i just don't like. I can't stand xenon and hayato for example. Just getting them to 120 was a drag. Still need to get them to 140 for legion but i just can't be bothered for now. The only ones I could see myself playing further and possibly maining in the distant future so far are Demon Avenger and Cadena. DA is currently 140 and I will continue with it once i have all the link skills i want. Cadena is the only non-main character i got to 200 so far and I am done with it for now. But i like her playstyle so she will draw me back in at some point for sure.
    Still, lots of other classes left to play, so who knows.
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited March 2018
    Zero

Because who doesn't love Beta? <3
    Also, before it was released I wondered how would they manage to play 2 characters at once, and when I saw the result on Zero, i instantly loved it. Strong damage with low tier items, free top unique cubing, a whole storyline with it's own world. Also, the descendent of one of the ancient gods of Maple World, is it anything cooler than that?
    I remember those times when RED was released, this character had the unique combo system, that felt so natural and for some reason "hard" for a group of people, that I wanted to tried even more when I first played It. Many years been passing by, and I'm still pretty happy with my maining decission.