[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rei Hair:Be warned blew 60 usd and did not get it!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited March 2018 in General Chat
I can't believe it, i have never, ever purchased a royal hair coupon in my life and 60k nx later i got multiples of every hair style except rei hair. so they clearly made it hardest to get of the styles available, i am sick to my stomache. i just handed Nexon 60 usd and didn't get a simple of a thing as the hair style i wanted with more money than would be considered fair, wth is up with this i feel cheated. I am not going to participate in DMT now which i had 200 saved for thanks a lot. also had to sell my rei plugsuit back on to the ah cause this just killed my dream of having a female char which i don;t even play btw to have the appearance of rei there looking back at me on the char select screen,

Comments

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, that is the case of very bad luck with RNG involved in royals.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited March 2018
    nah prolly nothing to do with luck, most likely everything to do with, hidden odds you can't see, such as non eva hair will be 20% chance to acquire then to get eva hairs will be 10% chance to get either mari or shinji and rei hair specifically being like 5% chance thus u could in fact prolly dump a grand or 2 and still not get rei hair. I am not a fan of this. i rather pay 20k nx for a royal hair selection of choice coupon, then get put on the paid rng, where it is intentionally designed to not give u what u want to get.All in an effort to cause u to spend more money. any time i roll for something specific i want and don't receive it after X amount of money that I would consider fair, i get mad like seriously mad and i just stop spending for long long periods of time usually 9 months to a year. due to this greedy play that just ruined this event for me i will not be participating in dmt, no bloody way, if this is how i get treated after spending sooooo much money over the years and i just get jerked around. maybe this was a blessing in disguise and dmt would of again dissapointed me like the last 2 dmts where i dumped over 300usd each like this dmt i would of spent 300 but nope not this time no generousity to terror, then no spending.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    friend got rei in one coupon, I got it in three. so it balances out I guess lol. plus, we both got all three (currently available to females) evangelion hairs within three coupons each.
  • howaboutthathowaboutthat
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2018
    I spent $600 and got mvp gold trying to get rei suit and never got it.
  • forneverfornever
    Reactions: 100
    got the hair in about 9 coupons. got the suit multiple times but i had to spend like almost 500$ to get the Japanesque Dress
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited March 2018
    My condolences... :( It took me like 15 coupons to get Rei Hair, but I got everything else I wanted along the way (Shinji, Mari, and Jubilee).
    Taehyung
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    5Dixsod.jpg

I got the hair on my second try. I know someone who got it in one.
    It all comes down to luck as royals can be quite a nuisance sometimes. My limit was 10k NX this time and I refused to spend anymore than that, so maybe next time set a limit and if you don't get it within that budget, just look the other way. Best to start off very low. You'll feel a little better than buying more nx on impulse. I find that my luck stems from ch13. Usually I get the hairs I want in 1-2 tries there.
    Anyway, treated myself to a red colour lens with the extra nx left too.

But honestly, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get it. :(
    edited March 2018
    I did one more round out of desperation, and got it! lol took a grand total of 22 royal hair coupons or 72.6k NX. but yeah unfortunately I have to sit out on dmt despite not wanting to, just on principle of what happened. Now all i have to do is wait for permanent transparent item nx sale some year to complete rei ayanami's look and i will get to look at her next to my my main Eren jaeger every time i log in lol.
    edited March 2018
    I spent $600 and got mvp gold trying to get rei suit and never got it.

do you realize they are selling many many many rei plugsuits on the ah since the event start and will prolly contiinue to do so, u can have a rei plug suite right now for less than 4b mesos =)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2018
    I got the hair in 6 coupons I redeemed from marvel (and all the others) but I guess you can say that I have double the chance with Zero
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited March 2018
    dayumm thats sad
  • SnowedSnowed
    edited March 2018
    I did one more round out of desperation, and got it! lol took a grand total of 22 royal hair coupons or 72.6k NX. but yeah unfortunately I have to sit out on dmt despite not wanting to, just on principle of what happened. Now all i have to do is wait for permanent transparent item nx sale some year to complete rei ayanami's look and i will get to look at her next to my my main Eren jaeger every time i log in lol.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5379454
    Congratulations!

Very happy for you!
    I'm really pleased with my main too, got her Rei's plugsuit to complete the look.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited March 2018
    Snowed wrote: »
    5Dixsod.jpg

It all comes down to luck as royals can be quite a nuisance sometimes. My limit was 10k NX this time and I refused to spend anymore than that, so maybe next time set a limit and if you don't get it within that budget, just look the other way. Best to start off very low. You'll feel a little better than buying more nx on impulse. I find that my luck stems from ch13. Usually I get the hairs I want in 1-2 tries there.

Gratz!!

Yeah, I agree. I either spend 10K NX or less, or it takes me up to 50K NX or more to get a certain style, there's rarely any in-between. Last time around, I got Asuka Hair in 2 coupons, but this time Rei took me 15. I never buy All Star Coupons anymore (the coupons that have 9 or more styles) because I have terrible luck with them (it usually costs me $100+ aiming for a specific hairstyle -shiver-).
    Taehyung
  • SnowedSnowed
    edited March 2018
    Toreishi wrote: »
    5Dixsod.jpg

Gratz!!

Yeah, I agree. I either spend 10K NX or less, or it takes me up to 50K NX or more to get a certain style, there's rarely any in-between. Last time around, I got Asuka Hair in 2 coupons, but this time Rei took me 15. I never buy All Star Coupons anymore (the coupons that have 9 or more styles) because I have terrible luck with them (it usually costs me $100+ aiming for a specific hairstyle -shiver-).

I generally avoid anything to do with RNG in this game i.e Premium Surprise Boxes, Gachapon, Marvel etc. If it's sold for a really high price in AH, so be it.
    It would of been better if they just went with Hair Coupons like the SAO event. I wouldn't even mind if they were 10k for one because at least the guarantee of getting it is there.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited March 2018
    5Dixsod.jpg

Gratz!!

I generally avoid anything to do with RNG in this game i.e Premium Surprise Boxes, Gachapon, Marvel etc. If it's sold for a really high price in AH, so be it.
    It would of been better if they just went with Hair Coupons like the SAO event. I wouldn't even mind if they were 10k for one because at least the guarantee of getting it is there.

Same here, I avoid buying those too. I buy a few PSSBs once in a long while, only if I really like the items in rotation. Otherwise, I bought most of my NX items from other players in FM/AH using mesos. Yeah, I liked the SAO (and the AoT) crossovers the best because all the NX items could be purchased directly. The individual items cost more than 1 PSSB box, but I gladly paid for them and even bought multiple sets.
    Taehyung
  • SnowedSnowed
    edited March 2018
    5Dixsod.jpg

Gratz!!

Same here, I avoid buying those too. I buy a few PSSBs once in a long while, only if I really like the items in rotation. Otherwise, I bought most of my NX items from other players in FM/AH using mesos. Yeah, I liked the SAO (and the AoT) crossovers the best because all the NX items could be purchased directly. The individual items cost more than 1 PSSB box, but I gladly paid for them and even bought multiple sets.

I really enjoy these events though, it's just at my disadvantage that the items I want are only obtainable via PSSB and Royal Styles. I wouldn't be surprised if I also spent a lot on NX if I'm aiming for a particular hair as well, especially if I'm a fan of that series or that it happens to be my favourite character's hair. P: But from a business perspective I understand Nexon's motives. The Evangelion event seemed a little unimpressive in comparison to previous events (no BiS title, not many NX items etc).
    Anywho, I wonder what the next Crossover will be about! I really hope they put in more effort next time!
  • Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited March 2018
    Lmfao you just made a post advertising your stream and your DMT luck tho? Strong case of bipolar here
    edited March 2018
    Ludus22 wrote: »
    Lmfao you just made a post advertising your stream and your DMT luck tho? Strong case of bipolar here

Lol not bi-polar, more like an addict. I cut my budget in half instead of skipping the event. Oddly enough it was the 1st dmt i didnt feel regretfull afterwards, go figure.