[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Revamp old monsters for higher lvls

XiangTuXiangTu
Reactions: 1,225
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I feel like a lot of monsters/mobs I associate with maple are put on the back burner and aren't utilized at all. Like the Kargos and Tauromacis/Taurospear in dungeon, they could easily be revamped to be for higher levels again. This part of Sleepywood/dungeon as well as Lycaons area in el nath (just two examples from a long list i.e. aqua road/ludi too) are totally neglected. Maplestory is definitely over saturated with training maps at this point, but ironically there are little options for where to train at the higher levels, and way too many options for lower levels- yet the game is designed to speed through lower levels...
Im at the lvl where if I train anywhere but Slurpy forst depths i'm losing a fair bit of experience to the point where I can't justify alternatives, but frankly the animations for monsters in slurpy forest are.. lame.. But that is a digression. Really I just want more options. And there are a plentiful amount of monsters/maps that can be converted into higher level content. Like idk about you but training on Kargos sounds way more fun than slurpy forest.. and Ludi and Aqua Road are ghost towns now! (even considering the dying population). I went through Ludi the other day and just saw hackers... I guess its a viable location for them considering how dead it is lool.
Totally understand victoria island is geared towards lower levels now. but some of the areas i'm suggesting are so deep into maps as well being ghost towns I don't see a reason not to cater to higher levels in victoria too- since afterall, it is likely where most players know best.
Most people enjoy el nath, yet its a complete ghost town because there is nothing going for it.

I don't want this post to be chalked up to some nostalgia for training on older monsters, because honestly I'd be satisfied with any comparable alternative to Slurpy forest, and i'm sure other players post 200(210 especially) have similar opinions. Or maybe i'm alone with this sort of complaint.. there just seems like a lot of potential with the already existent maps that I know I enjoy but can't train on that are not being utilized.

Comments

• RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    A Revamp of Sleepywood Dungeon and the return of Anthill would be great. Perions Excavation Site, Inside the Elliani's Tree, Florina Beach, Kerning Subway Tunnel or Swamp Area could all use a face lift for high lvl mobbing.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    We have Dark World Tree and Scrapyard for higher levels. But nobody trains there because those places don't drop the nodestones necessary for 5th job progression.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    You should at least be able to by Nodestones from npc's, like 4th jobs books. I find it very scummy to implement a system for the highest lvls in the game to be based off of so much rng. Nodestones are very rare to find, and skills you need randomize at very low rates. At least with the books you can apply them to the skill you want. With nodestones, the player have no control.
    SlicedTime
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    RyoMan wrote: »
    A Revamp of Sleepywood Dungeon and the return of Anthill would be great. Perions Excavation Site, Inside the Elliani's Tree, Florina Beach, Kerning Subway Tunnel or Swamp Area could all use a face lift for high lvl mobbing.

Anthill already exists although I agree it should be reworked a bit with spawn rate and maps being smaller for people that wish to train there but otherwise there are a few flaws behind changing all these.

Sleepwood, I can see changing levels would be a problem as a lot of people do train at drakes or the deeper maps if they can't find a drakes map at level 50-70 range.
    Perions Excavation Site levels are fine, a lot of people use skeledogs or masks to train as a alternate to drakes, so there isn't really a reason to boost these up.
    Inside the Ellinia Tree is also fine for beginners, I go to fairies, then evil eyes and I see plenty of people go there as a alternate to golems temple.
    Florina Beach: Hasn't returned but I'll assume it'll be reworked to be a higher level area which is fine.
    Kerning Subway Tunnel: I can agree there but from what I hear, most people go to the crocs/muddy monsters as alternate from boars, although maps are quite big so I can see some reworks being done there.

As for the topic: Victoria Island is designed for lower levels as you said, which is why it shouldn't be updated to being just for higher levels as we need to keep in mind of the lower levels that need a place to train.

Ludibrium inside the clocktower doesn't need to be changed in level range, as I and many other people go to robos, ghost pirates, gatekeepers. Although since rest of maps like teddies, klocks, or vikings aren't too good map wise, I wouldn't mind seeing those be changed around to be like the other ideal ludibrium maps like ghost pirates.
    El Nath - The white fangs and below are fine where they are for level 70-80 range after drakes, inside the dungeon I can agree with changing yetis and werewolves, but making them higher levels would also contrast with bains or cerebes which I see plenty people train there at 130-145.
    Aqua Road - Complete rework I would agree since it really isn't used for training spots other then people looking for cards or hunting occasional pianus for monster card/Reward points.

Arcane River is just designed to be best for 200+ because you gain symbols and nodes and the EXP from the monsters is a lot higher than other areas.

These are all my opinions, so don't be alarmed. I'm not saying your suggestion is bad but you gotta understand that changing around certain maps could hinder lower levels.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    I like your suggestions, thinking about more, it might be a stretch to completely rework a lot of Victoria Island areas. Maybe Orbis can be reworked into a higher lvl area, or have quests or something to attract people to that area again. Instead of the Six Path Crossway being in Victoria Island, maybe it should be moved to Orbis, so it can be the Hub for connection to all worlds again, and revive the Victoria Air Ship for traveling. I think this could be a good idea.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    edited March 2018

Anthill already exists although I agree it should be reworked a bit with spawn rate and maps being smaller for people that wish to train there but otherwise there are a few flaws behind changing all these.

Sleepwood, I can see changing levels would be a problem as a lot of people do train at drakes or the deeper maps if they can't find a drakes map at level 50-70 range.
    Perions Excavation Site levels are fine, a lot of people use skeledogs or masks to train as a alternate to drakes, so there isn't really a reason to boost these up.
    Inside the Ellinia Tree is also fine for beginners, I go to fairies, then evil eyes and I see plenty of people go there as a alternate to golems temple.
    Florina Beach: Hasn't returned but I'll assume it'll be reworked to be a higher level area which is fine.
    Kerning Subway Tunnel: I can agree there but from what I hear, most people go to the crocs/muddy monsters as alternate from boars, although maps are quite big so I can see some reworks being done there.

As for the topic: Victoria Island is designed for lower levels as you said, which is why it shouldn't be updated to being just for higher levels as we need to keep in mind of the lower levels that need a place to train.

Ludibrium inside the clocktower doesn't need to be changed in level range, as I and many other people go to robos, ghost pirates, gatekeepers. Although since rest of maps like teddies, klocks, or vikings aren't too good map wise, I wouldn't mind seeing those be changed around to be like the other ideal ludibrium maps like ghost pirates.
    El Nath - The white fangs and below are fine where they are for level 70-80 range after drakes, inside the dungeon I can agree with changing yetis and werewolves, but making them higher levels would also contrast with bains or cerebes which I see plenty people train there at 130-145.
    Aqua Road - Complete rework I would agree since it really isn't used for training spots other then people looking for cards or hunting occasional pianus for monster card/Reward points.

Arcane River is just designed to be best for 200+ because you gain symbols and nodes and the EXP from the monsters is a lot higher than other areas.

These are all my opinions, so don't be alarmed. I'm not saying your suggestion is bad but you gotta understand that changing around certain maps could hinder lower levels.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post such a thorough reply. When I mean bring higher levels to the area I didn't mean it very black and white. There are definitely certain areas of certain towns that are being utilized, but its the deeper parts of those areas that are neglected entirely when I don't see why some can be turned into alternatives to the minimal options we have atm at higher levels.

With Sleepywood ik lots of people train or farm at drakes, it shouldn't be touched. But if you go even deeper into sleepywood dungeon with the kargos and tauros, nobody is there, and those were great mobs. Kargo even got a mini pet version. This area could totally be turned into a higher level area, making sleepwood dungeon an option for both lower level and higher level players the way it was before.

I don't want to interfere with the lower level training areas in victoria, but I dont think it should be so cut n' dry only for low levels, especially when we have so much under utilized maps if you keep going deeper into these areas. Having level requirement progression the deeper you go into vic sounds like a great idea. Its the main area of Maplestory (atleast the original) and it'd be a lot more utilized if it catered to higher levels with their vacant maps.In recent years they've consistently made training areas exclusively for higher or lower levels, and I think thats a mistake (atleast to the degree we see it now where every town has segregated the level areas)

Still waiting on Florina Beach I do think they'll make that for higher levels too, or it just wont come back??

with Ludi I definitely mean the deeper part like Teddys. They're virtually untouched. You could totally apply the same level requirement progression to this part of ludi too.

El Nath is tricky because of the zakum map catering to lower levels too, so they could be in a very high level area after completing easy zak. I'll still support a revamp of el nath that accommodates that problem though lol.

Definitely agree with Aqua road, just do something with it

I do enjoy arcane river and Chu chu as higher level content. Its nice to have end game content especially considering how much that was lacking in the past. I just want the underutilized parts of Victoria island to be utilized some how, preferably allowing for the higher levels to have the option to train there as well.

AKradian wrote: »
    We have Dark World Tree and Scrapyard for higher levels. But nobody trains there because those places don't drop the nodestones necessary for 5th job progression.

The nodestone drop system should be altered too.
    SlicedTime
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    edited March 2018
    I like your suggestions, thinking about more, it might be a stretch to completely rework a lot of Victoria Island areas. Maybe Orbis can be reworked into a higher lvl area, or have quests or something to attract people to that area again. Instead of the Six Path Crossway being in Victoria Island, maybe it should be moved to Orbis, so it can be the Hub for connection to all worlds again, and revive the Victoria Air Ship for traveling. I think this could be a good idea.

Idk, a patch with a rework of Victoria would be pretty appealing. The traveling system is convenient at the moment though, so idk about all that. But Orbis is another example of forgotten towns
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    Why are some high lvl quest in the low lvl quest list? Like... I think you get Shinji's request on the Evangelion event quest list like it was a lvl35+ quest but you need lvl 106 or something to access the place. Same for Zakum... you need a very high lvl to kill him but you get his quest way before you even can.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Why are some high lvl quest in the low lvl quest list? Like... I think you get Shinji's request on the Evangelion event quest list like it was a lvl35+ quest but you need lvl 106 or something to access the place. Same for Zakum... you need a very high lvl to kill him but you get his quest way before you even can.

It happens a lot with event quests. However, getting to level 100-105 isn't too hard. You don't need be a very high level for Zakum, you can run it at level 90 assuming not in reboot.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    Did they nerf Zakum? I remember him being at least lvl120+ or something. Anyway... Rei from Evangelion event wants you to kill Zakum and that's not gonna happen on low lvls. My strongest characters are around 125-130 (Hero, Kaiser and Angelic Buster). And yeah... I'm not in reboot... I'm at Scania and both Kaiser and Angelic Buster are at least lvl 125 because of their event gear... I just hate my Kaiser lost hist sword cuz I blowed it with a 90% potential scroll... ._. (yeah... I'm that unlucky).
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    Or, how about the continuation of the Twilight Perion and Hennessy Saga with Twilight Victoria/Maple Island? I think that would be cool. That and turning Florina Beach into a high lvl area. I think it would make the game even more interesting.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Did they nerf Zakum? I remember him being at least lvl120+ or something. Anyway... Rei from Evangelion event wants you to kill Zakum and that's not gonna happen on low lvls. My strongest characters are around 125-130 (Hero, Kaiser and Angelic Buster). And yeah... I'm not in reboot... I'm at Scania and both Kaiser and Angelic Buster are at least lvl 125 because of their event gear... I just hate my Kaiser lost hist sword cuz I blowed it with a 90% potential scroll... ._. (yeah... I'm that unlucky).

Zakum was revamped a while back to use the 3D skeleton system. However, zakum has gotten weaker in HP compared to pre-revamp and as a result is easier for lower levels 90 and above to kill for massive EXP boost.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    edited March 2018
    Or, how about the continuation of the Twilight Perion and Hennessy Saga with Twilight Victoria/Maple Island? I think that would be cool. That and turning Florina Beach into a high lvl area. I think it would make the game even more interesting.

I think that would be a great idea. Twilight Ellinia would be sweet!
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2018
    I would like to see mutated octopuses, stirges, gators, swamp monsters, dyle as well as the Wraiths.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2018

Zakum was revamped a while back to use the 3D skeleton system. However, zakum has gotten weaker in HP compared to pre-revamp and as a result is easier for lower levels 90 and above to kill for massive EXP boost.

yea, it's too bad they shafted the boss entry system