[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DA x DS x Aran - Reboot x Scania x Bera

KrawleKrawle
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
I believe that title already makes clear the purpose of it.

But I would like you to take these upcoming information into account before answering ...

I do not play Maple for a long time (when I say a lot of time, it's a very long time! Something about 8 years old.) In other words, most classes I do not know, I think even the game itself should be very different from before. So I ask the most up-to-date people about the class choice, I mentioned the above 3 (Demon Slayer, Demon Avenger and Aran), why I researched before and I identified with them, but that does not mean that they can not give other suggestions of classes taking into account some aspects that I will report later.
As for the servers I also gave a brief survey to inform. I confess to having found the characteristics of server reboot interesting, even though it has its limitations compared to normal servers, since I do not usually invest much money in games, not criticizing who does it, but from my point of view it is no longer a leisure moment. which for me must be) and happens to be a waste of time. Time ... this is something that I do not have so much (thing of 1 to 4 hours daily at most) and here comes the question with that time would it be compensated to play in the reboot? Also, I believe that the reboot besides full, surely there must be a mass meso farming since the progression depends on it. I wonder how full the maps, problems with KS, and everything else should be, as I confess this is a bit annoying. Mainly I'll be starting from scratch, both in terms of funds and knowledge of the game itself, which already leaves me a few points behind a lot of people.

I love the game and I intend to dedicate myself to it now (within my free time of course), and for that I would like the maximum possible of your help. So summarizing ...

1) Demon Avenger, Demon Slayer and Aran, are good classes to start from scratch without money, knowledge, etc.?

2) What would be the best server option for me? Reboot or normal servers? Should it be normal, Bera or Scania? Why? Take into account that I play 1 to 4 hours a day and I do not intend to spend more than 25 dollars a month.

After this immense reading marathon, nothing more just to thank their answers and their patience.

Thank you!

Comments

• iSouvenirsiSouvenirs
    Reactions: 1,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Reboot vs Normal Servers:
    It depends on where you want to see yourself and how fast progression matters to you. I find that it's easier to get to mid-game or even late mid-game in reboot, however it's easier to get to end game in non-reboot(easier=/=easy). Reboot seems to be more linear game play, while non-reboot you need to think about how to spend your mesos the best way. It's possible to earn a lot of mesos in non-reboot by doing dojo once a week, but you would need to get multiple characters to a decent level in order to maximize your profits. There are also a lot of other ways to make mesos in non-reboot, this is just one of the simplest ways. It is possible to become strong as a free to play player in non-reboot despite popular belief, as there are ways to get cubes and such without having to spend NX. It's definitely a lot tougher than just throwing money at it though. You have reward point shop, mesos market, and master/meister cubes. Also if you play in reboot, it's highly recommended that you make a mesos farming mule(usually a kanna). Maybe someone who mains reboot can either explain the play style of reboot better or correct me if I'm wrong as I personally main normal servers.

DA vs DS vs Aran:
    As for which class to play, in reboot you can play any of them, they're all very strong classes. In normal servers, I'd suggest Demon Avenger since max HP gear is much cheaper then strength gear(funding wise). However, with that being said I would still suggest you try all three classes and see what you enjoy the most. Because what's the point in putting funding towards a character you don't even enjoy playing. And even though strength gear is more expensive, you will get more if you decide to sell the gear later. Plus it'll be much easier to resell strength gear than HP, since it is more in demand.

Scania vs Bera vs Reboot:
    Reboot is more popular than Bera. Bera is more popular than Scania.

All in all, it all depends on what you seek from the game, do you think trading is a big portion of the game? Do you not care? Do you want a super popular server or a decent sized server?