[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Ruining Reboot server?

hamiltonbeachhamiltonbeach
Reactions: 210
Having a Kanna is the only way to make a decent amount of mesos in the Server.
A class that literally doubles your progression speed by increasing mob spawn rate with no other way to get that buff on Reboot
wish they would just up the spawn rates and meso drop rates. Who thought any of this was a good idea?
Dough

Comments

• RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited April 2018
    It's wrong to punish a class for flaws based on something solely, not that class fault. Kanna is not the problem. The problem is the mesos rates on Reboot (which was nerfed not too long ago), and spawn rates that can use an increase.

What I would like to see happen, is mesos rates on Reboot (which is much higher than the normal server), become the same on the normal server. This would balance the normal servers economies and help new people earn money and stay longer.

In summary, (1) increase spawn rate and (2)reverse the meso nerf on Reboot and (3)more meso drop rate on the normal servers to further balance their economy. Those are the changes I would like to see.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited April 2018
    While I can't speak for changes in Reboot, I disagree with increasing meso rate on regular servers. How in the world is that supposed to balance an already inflated economy?
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited April 2018
    While I can't speak for changes in Reboot, I disagree with increasing meso rate on regular servers. How in the world is that supposed to balance an already inflated economy?

With the meso drop rate at the current lvl, and the impending meso cap soon to be raised to the 100's of billions, how do you suppose new players to thrive when getting mesos from normal drops is hard on the normal servers?

An increase in meso drop rate would stimulate the economy by letting mesos become easily attainable, better the odds of being funded besides merching, balancing the economy with more players having the ability to purchase items, and having an attractive market that is welcoming to new players, so they will more likely stay on the servers and not leave.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    RyoMan wrote: »

With the meso drop rate at the current lvl, and the impending meso cap soon to be raised to the 100's of billions, how do you suppose new players to thrive when getting mesos from normal drops is hard on the normal servers?

An increase in meso drop rate would stimulate the economy by letting mesos become easily attainable, better the odds of being funded besides merching, balancing the economy with more players having the ability to purchase items, and having an attractive market that is welcoming to new players, so they will more likely stay on the servers and not leave.

Printing money to stop inflation?
    That doesn't stop inflation, that makes it spiral out of control.

The prices of items in AH are not fixed, you know. If everyone suddenly had twice as much meso, then sellers would ask higher prices because they would know people have that kind of meso to spend. The prices of everything would double. That's how supply and demand work. That's why prices in GMS are much higher than in KMS - because we have a lot more meso circulating in the game.
    ACMBlackCipherCatooolooo
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited April 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Printing money to stop inflation?
    That doesn't stop inflation, that makes it spiral out of control.

The prices of items in AH are not fixed, you know. If everyone suddenly had twice as much meso, then sellers would ask higher prices because they would know people have that kind of meso to spend. The prices of everything would double. That's how supply and demand work. That's why prices in GMS are much higher than in KMS - because we have a lot more meso circulating in the game.

I agree it is a catch 22. On on hand the prices in GMS are high and offputting to many people on the main servers and on the other hand, if you print more money the prices may double/triple.

A reduction in the meso cap could do wonders in stabilizing the economy, while a boost in meso drops and mesos rewarded from quests would balance out the economy very well. I have seen this model work for Wizards101.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited April 2018
    I agree it is a catch 22. On on hand the prices in GMS are high and offputting to many people on the main servers and on the other hand, if you print more money the prices may double/triple.

A reduction in the meso cap could do wonders in stabilizing the economy, while a boost in meso drops and mesos rewarded from quests would balance out the economy very well. I have seen this model work for Wizards101.

Unfortunately the raise in meso cap is something that has been long requested by the community and the cap was only just raised. Because of that, lowering the cap once again is not favorable to current players who have already passed the previous meso cap. We've also seen that rolling back an update is highly uncommon and has only been reverted when the changes cause damage to the way the game is "meant to be."

While I don't know how Wizards' economy is structured I can't say that the same solution would apply across games. I would say the economy broke in the first place BECAUSE meso rates were raised post-BB, not because of the raise in meso cap. Raising it again would just bring it back to the same state in a year or two anyway, just adding zeros to the difference in meso between players.

EDIT: I personally have NOT passed 10b in meso. Not even close lol, just a disclaimer.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited April 2018

Unfortunately the raise in meso cap is something that has been long requested by the community and the cap was only just raised. Because of that, lowering the cap once again is not favorable to current players who have already passed the previous meso cap. We've also seen that rolling back an update is highly uncommon and has only been reverted when the changes cause damage to the way the game is "meant to be."

While I don't know how Wizards' economy is structured I can't say that the same solution would apply across games. I would say the economy broke in the first place BECAUSE meso rates were raised post-BB, not because of the raise in meso cap. Raising it again would just bring it back to the same state in a year or two anyway, just adding zeros to the difference in meso between players.

EDIT: I personally have NOT passed 10b in meso. Not even close lol, just a disclaimer.

I propose not that many want the meso cap to raise. I believe the many you speak of, are the actual few that benefit and are dedicated members of the the normal servers. Even with the events going, Bera population still pales in comparison to reboot, and the economy of the normal servers was the main reason the masses left the servers some for good, and some to Bera and Reboot. Raising the meso cap will fracture the community even more. Botters/Hackers and the few who can actually obtain multi-billion mesos will be the primary beneficiaries. We will be going into a time of 1million mesos equaling the equivalency of a 1,000. What happens if the economy of Bera tanks overnight after the new meso cap? What state will the game become then?

If everyone was making mesos, then more people would be on the servers. Playing the game is fun, but it is not fun for those who cannot afford the things they need/want. Methods of making mesos is tedious and daunting for new players. A revamp in the way mesos are earned need to be seriously considered to balance out the economy. Not a rollback, but an adjustment to the system, so new players can thrive and populate the game. New players are the most important people right now and restructuring the game to benefit them, will benefit us all in the long run. Without them we cannot be here, so we need to consider their needs as well.