[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Change to cubes

WinzorWinzor
Reactions: 500
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Let me start saying that i love this game a hard fan since the explorer was the only race and there was no pirate to play and since the launch of arcane river i feel a hard wall on the way i mean before arcane river you need to spend a lot of money on cubes to being able to solo kill bosses but you could lvl up no problem now in arcane river unles you cube your gear there is really hard even lvl up , the pay to win part of the game is really taking over. this is a huge problem for people like me since it's imposible for me to charge nexon cash .

i think that a way to solve rhis problem could be sell the cubes in a store like reboot this could make a lot more playable the game or at least make it less pay to win a little bit how it was back in the begining when cash shop wasn't a huge influence on end game play style.

just wanted to say this with the hope someone read it and decide to do something xD really thx to everyone to take a time to read this

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Even in non-Reboot, there are many ways to get free cubes:

- From daily bosses like Zakum, Hilla, Root Abyss, HT, Ranmaru, Commerci solo/union voyages, and more.
    - From mining of heartstones and legendary veins
    - By crafting (at level 11 or 12 Smithing)
    - From the Rewards Shop

Also, be aware that a large part of your ability to train at Arcane River depends on getting enough Arcane Force. Which means doing the daily quests to enhance your symbols.
    If you're having difficulty training there, you can train at Twilight Perion, Haven/Scrapyard or at Dark World Tree, while working on improving your gear.
    RyoMan
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    edited April 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

- From daily bosses like Zakum, Hilla, Root Abyss, HT, Ranmaru, Commerci solo/union voyages, and more.
    - From the Rewards Shop

Also, be aware that a large part of your ability to train at Arcane River depends on getting enough Arcane Force. Which means doing the daily quests to enhance your symbols.
    If you're having difficulty training there, you can train at Twilight Perion, Haven/Scrapyard or at Dark World Tree, while working on improving your gear.

These are possible methods. However they're not really viable options when they messed around with the droprate to be so low that you rarely ever get them anymore. Just because a method exists, doesn't mean it's practical. It's almost impossible to upgrade with 1 cube every 3 days doing every daily boss possible. Especially for the lower funded people, they have less of an availability of bosses to do.
    SlicedTime
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited April 2018
    The only thing they need to do is lower cube price since we're paying more than what KMS pays and people from canada and australia etc have it even worse than the US due to their weaker dollar. Nowadays buying cubes outside of DMT or cube sales is unheard of in normal servers. And no they shouldn't put cubes for mesos in normal servers, that's what reboot is for. If you haven't moved yet, then go. If you don't want to, then too bad.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited April 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »
    The only thing they need to do is lower cube price since we're paying more than what KMS pays and people from canada and australia etc have it even worse than the US due to their weaker dollar. Nowadays buying cubes outside of DMT or cube sales is unheard of in normal servers. And no they shouldn't put cubes for mesos in normal servers, that's what reboot is for. If you haven't moved yet, then go. If you don't want to, then too bad.

You got a source on that one? While I don't know about other regions, it's still 2,400 per Bpot, 2,200 Black and 1,200 Red here in KMS. Same as GMS. Currency difference is negligible as it's still 1,000KRW per 1k NX which is close enough to the dollar (0.95-1.05). So no, we're not really paying more here in GMS either.
    AKradian wrote: »

- From the Rewards Shop

These are possible methods. However they're not really viable options when they messed around with the droprate to be so low that you rarely ever get them anymore. Just because a method exists, doesn't mean it's practical. It's almost impossible to upgrade with 1 cube every 3 days doing every daily boss possible. Especially for the lower funded people, they have less of an availability of bosses to do.

Crafting and mining are options that AKradian mentioned and both are viable methods. Elite monsters drop cubic blades which can be used in crafting cubes and legendary veins have a good drop rate on cubes too. Yeah, it's a grind now more than ever for cubes but making them available for meso is not something I'd recommend.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited April 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »

You got a source on that one? While I don't know about other regions, it's still 2,400 per Bpot, 2,200 Black and 1,200 Red here in KMS. Same as GMS. Currency difference is negligible as it's still 1,000KRW per 1k NX which is close enough to the dollar (0.95-1.05). So no, we're not really paying more here in GMS either.

Its negligible now since SKW is on a high (0.94) but sometimes (like a few years ago) 1 USD bought 1.2k SKW which was quite significant. In any case the price of cubes should be about 800 for reds and 1.8 for blacks for both maples. No point letting 98% of the players hoard their neet bux on a cube sales.
    ACMBlackCipher
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    edited April 2018
    I just dont understand how it's justified for people to be able to make their own cubes. Like yeah it's possible, but honestly how many hours are you going to pump in just to make one single cube? Let alone that this is just to make a yellow cube. The rates are terrible enough, and finding chaos cubic fragments for purples will take even longer. The methods you guys are mentioning are pretty much equivalent to "Provide occult cubes to people with already-epic+ items."

Imo they should honestly remove master craftsman cubes, and merge them with meister cubes. Or the least Nexon can do is increase efficiency and time it takes to find/make the meister cubes.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited April 2018
    honestly I'm ok with the cube obtaining methods as they are. Bossing, commerci, bounty hunter portals and reward shop get me about 10-12 cubes over 3-4 days. I'm not even crafting yet. Sure it's a real grind, but it's also really satisfying when your gear finally bumps up to legendary and / or get good rolls. Reducing the amount of times you can do certain bosses a day was a gut punch, but i can manage.

The one thing that really does bother me is the complete unavailablity of bonus cubes. There is no reason why they shouldn't drop in game other than the company's greed. Let them drop at the same rate as meisters for example. Even letting us buy 5 of them per month in the reward shop would be a big step up. At least give us free players a chance to better our bonus potentials.