[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Damage expression

KyrieigKyrieig
Reactions: 700
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2018 in General Chat
Anyone knows how to chage the expression u make when u take dmg ??
I remember some people using Ouch instead of the regular one.

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    In GMS you only got one expression, but in KMS and the other regions, you get random expressions when you get damaged similar to how we have the D-Rank nebulites with a 10% Chance to fall in love after taking damage etc....

TL;DR: Nexon locked that feature away with D-Rank nebulites, other regions has it by default and at random.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2018
    In GMS you only got one expression, but in KMS and the other regions, you get random expressions when you get damaged similar to how we have the D-Rank nebulites with a 10% Chance to fall in love after taking damage etc....

TL;DR: Nexon locked that feature away with D-Rank nebulites, other regions has it by default and at random.

iirc those actually come from pot lines in other regions, GMS removed them from pot lines cause it was requested from players.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2018
    I would say those requests were spot on, taking potential lines just for expressions.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    iirc those actually come from pot lines in other regions, GMS removed them from pot lines cause it was requested from players.

You're right, i have a character in KMS and i thought this was a feature built in-game ( that triggers at random ) but i looked around and i have a 10% chance to make a face when i get attacked, pot on my hat ( it's a Rare line but still ), i tried taking damage with and without it, and without the hat it's same like in GMS in you make the F1 face when getting hit.

You learn something new everyday~~
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2018

You're right, i have a character in KMS and i thought this was a feature built in-game ( that triggers at random ) but i looked around and i have a 10% chance to make a face when i get attacked, pot on my hat ( it's a Rare line but still ), i tried taking damage with and without it, and without the hat it's same like in GMS in you make the F1 face when getting hit.

I also have characters in KMS (and know quite a bit of korean) but it's been a while since I touched that account for KMS (as apposed to using it for KMS2 now)

but yea, if the old forums were accessible/ around, I would point you to the numerous threads requesting useless lines like "x% chance to make y face" be removed from pot lines, and GMS team did do it eventually.

pretty sure Peep made a few of those threads too iirc, either way I agreed with that because they were garbage to be in the potential pool anyway, would be much better as a cash item or option in the system options.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018

I also have characters in KMS (and know quite a bit of korean) but it's been a while since I touched that account for KMS (as apposed to using it for KMS2 now)

but yea, if the old forums were accessible/ around, I would point you to the numerous threads requesting useless lines like "x% chance to make y face" be removed from pot lines, and GMS team did do it eventually.

pretty sure Peep made a few of those threads too iirc, either way I agreed with that because they were garbage to be in the potential pool anyway, would be much better as a cash item or option in the system options.

So nexon america moved that over to D-Rank nebulites ( although it is useless ) i do wish they could somehow integrate it into the settings menus, cus it's kinda nice to be attacked and have a different expression ( it gives a bit of a fun vibe )

PS. are the pots only on a Rare-Rank, or could they be even up-to Legendary rank potentials ?

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2018

So nexon america moved that over to D-Rank nebulites ( although it is useless ) i do wish they could somehow integrate it into the settings menus, cus it's kinda nice to be attacked and have a different expression ( it gives a bit of a fun vibe )

PS. are the pots only on a Rare-Rank, or could they be even up-to Legendary rank potentials ?

i think they went all the way up to Unique and maybe legendary. in GMS expressions were always in the neb system, but since you didnt have to pay to reconfigure D rank nebs and you're not dealing with multiple lines, it was never an issue.