[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Region Limitations and Country Select

HelquinHelquin
Reactions: 910
edited April 2018 in General Chat
So I just recently downloaded the launcher, since I wanted to play again, and was greeted with the country select. Problem is, my country is not listed in the list and I've always played on GMS and never have in MSEA(the region I belong to) since 2010. My question now is, do I give up on GMS and go for MSEA instead or are there other options?

PS. I was able to play with my account, created back in 2015, early January this year.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2018
    you mean the country select in the game? just choose whichever one give you less ping or if you were heavily invested in an NA server, just select the NA one.
    it's not a gate to prevent you from playing, it's just done that way due to how the NA servers have different login server and server select than the EU side to reduce ping for players on the EU server.

if you hover your mouse over them it will also tell you that.

since you apparently have been gone a while, you should know that EMS has been shifted over to the GMS service and EMS is no more, but their server(s) and accounts have been transfered and maintained. if you select Europe, you will see the (once was 2 servers but now merged) EMS server, Luna, and if you select NA you will see the list of NA servers.

if you were IP banned or blacklisted from playing, you would have gotten a message saying so before the game launched.
    Helquin
  • HelquinHelquin
    Reactions: 910
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    you mean the country select in the game? just choose whichever one give you less ping or if you were heavily invested in an NA server, just select the NA one.
    it's not a gate to prevent you from playing, it's just done that way due to how the NA servers have different login server and server select than the EU side to reduce ping for players on the EU server.

if you hover your mouse over them it will also tell you that.

since you apparently have been gone a while, you should know that EMS has been shifted over to the GMS service and EMS is no more, but their server(s) and accounts have been transfered and maintained. if you select Europe, you will see the (once was 2 servers but now merged) EMS server, Luna, and if you select NA you will see the list of NA servers.

if you were IP banned or blacklisted from playing, you would have gotten a message saying so before the game launched.

Thanks