[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS-Raising Star Cap, Rebirth Flames & Neb Revamp?

Comments

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited April 2018
    There's no question in how condescending you've been sounding in this forum. You're above that? Maybe because you're so narcissistic that you can't see yourself being a bigot. I love how you try to act the victim after how you act to other people lmao. Maybe you should take your own words of advice and apply them to everyone else :)

yeah a little condescending since you are essentially asking Nexon to make the game easier and to have short cuts to the end game, when I want them to keep it tough and extremely difficult and time consuming, nightmarish in fact. so when u hit the top you get the bragging rights! you just want all the rewards with less effort, which is just a cop out and circumvents all the effort people went through to reach the top. I am almost end game and it was a rough time consuming road i am proud to have trodden. with your attitude you prolly realized you will never get here and want Nexon to give you an end game pass just handed to you on a silver platter, keep dreaming. don't worry i will ignore any further posts you make as you have already dragged me down to your level temporarily which is below the brown stuff on the ground.

It is becoming increasingly hard these days to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys, is one of my favorite quotes. This relates to you and I fluorescing, in maplestory and in life... I am not the turkey =P

now that this thread is becoming toxic with fluorescing picking a fight with me, think one of you forum moderators could be soo kind as to lock this thread so it can finally be lost forever please =)

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2018
    now that this thread is becoming toxic with fluorescing picking a fight with me, think one of you forum moderators could be soo kind as to lock this thread so it can finally be lost forever please =)

The only source of the argument in question has been from the two of you. The both of you should know better than to attack and insult others.

I will not be locking this thread because it has been overall extremely civil, far more than many other threads which are still open. I certainly will not be locking "so it can finally be lost forever"; flame-baiting on a thread to intentionally get the thread locked is very much against the rules.

If the two of you continue this behavior, I will issue warnings as necessary, but otherwise that's it.

Let's stop fighting, and act like rational, civil beings.
    ReoshikaiPhantomMasterThief
  • ReoshikaiReoshikai
    Reactions: 1,020
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Fluorescing picking a fight with you has nothing to do with the actual discussion that this thread brings up. Locking this thread would ruin the entire topic that it envolves, since it would be "lost forever" as you've just said. Don't mix things up.

Just realized that Neospector posted something before me, I didn't reload the page until now. Sorry for saying exactly the same thing twice.
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    edited April 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

The only source of the argument in question has been from the two of you. The both of you should know better than to attack and insult others.

I will not be locking this thread because it has been overall extremely civil, far more than many other threads which are still open. I certainly will not be locking "so it can finally be lost forever"; flame-baiting on a thread to intentionally get the thread locked is very much against the rules.

If the two of you continue this behavior, I will issue warnings as necessary, but otherwise that's it.

Let's stop fighting, and act like rational, civil beings.

Honestly though, if someone's being attacked on the thread, is it really wrong for a person to defend a victim? Recursive behaviour should have been monitored and managed in the first place. My retorts only follow the responses already displayed. Of course retorts may be rude, but please reconsider the context.

yeah a little condescending since you are essentially asking Nexon to make the game easier and to have short cuts to the end game, when I want them to keep it tough and extremely difficult and time consuming, nightmarish in fact. so when u hit the top you get the bragging rights! you just want all the rewards with less effort, which is just a cop out and circumvents all the effort people went through to reach the top. I am almost end game and it was a rough time consuming road i am proud to have trodden. with your attitude you prolly realized you will never get here and want Nexon to give you an end game pass just handed to you on a silver platter, keep dreaming. don't worry i will ignore any further posts you make as you have already dragged me down to your level temporarily which is below the brown stuff on the ground.

It is becoming increasingly hard these days to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys, is one of my favorite quotes. This relates to you and I fluorescing, in maplestory and in life... I am not the turkey =P

Did I make:
    - Condescending remarks
    - Irrelevant insults based on status
    - Insults regarding personal life
    - Animal metaphors and analogies?

It's really not evident who's attacking who? I have literally spoken based off the comments displayed. There's a distinguishable difference between responding in defense of a victim WITH relevant arguments from the given comments, and directly attacking a player with irrelevant insults.

If this is the kind of community this forum is without any regulation of proper behaviour, I'd gladly leave. It does not matter what server people are from, what background they have and how "rich" you may be ingame - equality should be present nontheless. There absolute no reason to invalidate anyone's comment based on their status and opinion. Ethics is universal and those who don't understand that concept need to have it taught to them.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2018
    Flames confirmed for summer update
    dt4pl7upixr01.png

and it doesn't sound like it comes at the expense of nebs so everyone can be happy, no one needs to try to kill the idea of flames and no one has to try to kill the idea of improving nebs because of misguided ideals that it's one or the other.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    dt4pl7upixr01.png
    <3
    ManiOh
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    yay
    hope not in marvel and philo only ....
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Probably no stars unless they just weren't shown. Can never really know until they're added...

Assuming no stars we're still stuck with new higher level gear being useless.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Probably no stars unless they just weren't shown. Can never really know until they're added...

They might want to keep it as a surprise, they can't reveal everything y'know.

I bet we would get it, because JMS get's it, and GMS is pretty close to JMS, but don't quote me on that.

either way flames is better then no flames <3
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    dt4pl7upixr01.png
    memory-of-root-screen-effect.gif?w=600
    ALL HAIL ARK!! HARBINGER OF REBIRTH FLAMES!!
    CatoooloooPhantomMasterThief
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2018

well perhaps we may get 25 stars, JMS did in the same patch that they are getting the pointy fox dungeon, so for us that would be pretty soon, before the Ark update.

i think the problem for us would be that the new meta would still probably be tyrant transpost SW gear combined with arcane umbra gear (and overalls kinda suck when you could have twice the pot lines with top/bott) but no way to pass scrolling to arcane umbra if you already scrolled your RA gear perfectly but it doen't effect me cause it doent effect me too much, I have loads of U pots and i didnt perfect scroll my RA gear anyway.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018

well perhaps we may get 25 stars, JMS did in the same patch that they are getting the pointy fox dungeon, so for us that would be pretty soon, before the Ark update.

i think the problem for us would be that the new meta would still probably be tyrant transpost SW gear combined with arcane umbra gear (and overalls kinda suck when you could have twice the pot lines with top/bott) but no way to pass scrolling to arcane umbra if you already scrolled your RA gear perfectly but it doen't effect me cause it doent effect me too much, I have loads of U pots and i didnt perfect scroll my RA gear anyway.

You mean Fox Valley? Yeah, Fox Valley was supposed to be released in the Profession Revamp Update (AKA the addition of Smithing and Accessory Crafting Skills), because that's when it happened in KMS. Why GMS postponed Fox Valley's beyond me.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2018
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »

You mean Fox Valley? Yeah, Fox Valley was supposed to be released in the Profession Revamp Update (AKA the addition of Smithing and Accessory Crafting Skills), because that's when it happened in KMS. Why GMS postponed Fox Valley's beyond me.

they generally always repackage things differently or in different order, so that's not really a surprise

since events end on the 15th of may, it's not crazy to say that part 2 of mapleversary will happen after an update on the 16th that will have 5000 day events, Fox Valley and possibly increased stars
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2018
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you for supporting this threading and sharing your thoughts on why this Bonus Stats/Additional Options should be released to GMS services. I don't think the developers would had hear our voices if we were silent or had given up on this goal we had in common.

Moving forward, we can expect stronger players due to stats granted by bonus stats making bossing and level progression easier. Accessory Crafters would be more useful than ever with the ability to craft flames (I forgot Alchemists will get some love for their forgotten Scroll Extractor since now their Advanced Extractor is not needed for item crystal extraction) as well as the materials that came with the RED Update will be put to use. Have fun upgrading your current gear setup and look forward to a new variety of items
    PhantomMasterThiefManiOhCatoooloooSlicedTime
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Extractors are still nice for alts without a high enough level profession to extract and/or to access the 10 item at a time extraction.

Hyped for flames, hope we're getting stars too...

But you know if it ends up only being flames it still gives us long term growth with how rare perfect or really good flames are.

The good (or bad) thing about if it ends up being flames only none of our gear really changes. That's good if you don't want to have to upgrade but it means absolab and arcane* are still junk. *Except weapon, and maybe hat/shoulder depending.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • RamonCltRamonClt
    Reactions: 800
    edited April 2018
    in b4 we get a nerfed version of flames just like tms ;) curious how u guys would react to that
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2018
    RamonClt wrote: »
    in b4 we get a nerfed version of flames just like tms ;) curious how u guys would react to that

if we got a nerfed version then I would hope we got EMs's version or Msea's version, which dont have scissor count added once gear is flamed.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    RamonClt wrote: »

if we got a nerfed version then I would hope we got EMs's version or Msea's version, which dont have scissor count added once gear is flamed.

EMS didn't have nerfed flames ( but they were not able to craft them )

i'm fine with a scissors count as long as we get a Copy Paste KMS Version of Flames with crafting and being able to sell / buy them at the auction house.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    nerfed flames that exisit lol ??
    think EMS flame system we had was best,since koreans team was there and said i guss they are giveing us their system
    i wonder if our "flames" that got changed in to stats will count as flames or extra stats( we cant see what flames we got)
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »
    nerfed flames that exisit lol ??
    think EMS flame system we had was best,since koreans team was there and said i guss they are giveing us their system
    i wonder if our "flames" that got changed in to stats will count as flames or extra stats( we cant see what flames we got)

EMS' flames will just be visible again after the ARK update, ( currently in GMS flames are not updated to show the bonus stats as green numbers )
    so they just show them as merged stats ( it was like that up to the V update ) so i don't think EMS will have double flames or something.

Also the flame is the item that you use to re-roll the bonus stats ( think of it as potential, you have Bonus potential )
    but if ems will have double flames then cheers, have fun with it i guess. :)
    ManiOhCatooolooo