[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Announcement] Regarding Kanna's Haku's Blessing

Comments

• ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We will be sure to monitor all points pertaining to Kanna's performance in-game in conjunction with the community's feedback for additional discussions regarding the class' balance in the future.
    Yeah, we just passed the 5-month mark since the nerf has implemented and still we haven't heard back from Nexon.

This is more than just a little frustrating. If the other classes had had their damaged halved people would have kicked up a bigger storm, but since most people just use her as a kish/meso mule, they don't care.
    Venrous
  • Rabbit212Rabbit212
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2018
    Hey , as i kanna main for nearly 4 years the nerf was huge. i am talking solo'ing chaos queen in 15 sec to 1:30 min atleast. the class i literally unplayale. the last time we got buffed (+5 crit dmg)was 2 weeks ago but nexon also nerfed DSE (potential/neb ) -7%crit dmg so we got nerfed basicly..
    The only buffs i could think of is just adding higher % dmg ratios to all of our skills except the full map ones or give us more passive skills with bonus final dmg or % matt..
    The only changes i can think of it reverting the huge nerf we recently got where our Haku's Blessing gave us 48% of Haku's fan total flat matt into a % buff. now its flat matt of the total haku's fan matt.i know, this buff was op in mage parties but as a solo class kanna really needs that buff. if you will make it a solo buff the class will be pretty balanced
  • ThatOneKannaThatOneKanna
    Reactions: 220
    edited March 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We will be sure to monitor all points pertaining to Kanna's performance in-game in conjunction with the community's feedback for additional discussions regarding the class' balance in the future.
    Yeah, we just passed the 5-month mark since the nerf has implemented and still we haven't heard back from Nexon.

This is more than just a little frustrating. If the other classes had had their damaged halved people would have kicked up a bigger storm, but since most people just use her as a kish/meso mule, they don't care.

And now they're holding a con, where they'll "Listen to Ideas". I kinda want the con to be livestreamed so we can see the devs either acknowledge bugs and issues brought up, or ignore suggestions outright.
    Argent
  • ArgentArgent
    edited March 2018
    And now they're holding a con, where they'll "Listen to Ideas". I kinda want the con to be livestreamed so we can see the devs either acknowledge bugs and issues brought up, or ignore suggestions outright.

I kinda hope so too, or at least for some of the players to try recording it. I would love if some Kanna main was able to go and really lay into them for doing this nerf when it was abundantly clear ahead of time how poorly conceived, poorly (if at all) tested, and how poorly implemented this nerf was. It is shameful how slow they are to address this blunder they've made.

I know the GMS team seems to have no real say in apparently anything, but they still hold some responsibility for allowing this nerf to hit their servers. 5 months is a long time, and the nerf hit TMS even before that, again with no real consideration for the backlash that happened over there. Again, it more than a little frustrating to have no engagement from the team regarding this issue.
  • KooriKCAKooriKCA
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2018
    I've had discussions with both Yonax and Monk about the nerfs and they all agree with me that the nerfs were 100% terrible and unnecessary. Also had a heated discussion on the GMS discord and everyone agreed that kannas should either get the haku buff back and make it self buffed or give more dps i.e more lines on main bossing skill, more %dmg in general. People need to understand that kannas are not just kish mules and are actual bossers as well.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited March 2018
    anybody with a brain would realize that Haku buff was unnecssary. It was ORIGINALLY a self buff then they decided to make it a party buff. Is it unfair that physical attackers can’t benefit? Yes. But that literally doesn’t mean they need to shaft an entire class’ damage.

The RIGHT fix would be to return the buff to where it was as a self buff or give us better dmg ratios. And while they’re at it, remove the damn delay on our teleport and give us back random teleporting in Spirit Savior. AFAIK, WE ARE THE ONLY REGION THAT DOESNT ALLOW THIS WHEN OTHERS CAN.
    KooriKCARedlusterZakumwepKanna3840
  • MadGamer321MadGamer321
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 2018
    This is deplorable. I can't even train at chuchu island anymore and it was a struggle already. I haven't logged into my kanna for 3 months. Guess I'll never at this rate.
  • KooriKCAKooriKCA
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2018
    bumping thread
  • EbontribeEbontribe
    Reactions: 425
    edited April 2018
    This ever get resolved? I cant find Patch notes anywhere
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited April 2018
    I noticed that when I equip Kanna's fan to Haku, it doesn't benefit from Boss damage %, Damage %, critical rate %, and Ignore Defence%. It only benefits Magic Attack % and stat %.
    Is this a bug or is it intentional?
    It goes for potentials, bonus potentials, and nebulites.
  • JapanFoxJapanFox
    Reactions: 305
    edited April 2018
    I noticed that when I equip Kanna's fan to Haku, it doesn't benefit from Boss damage %, Damage %, critical rate %, and Ignore Defence%. It only benefits Magic Attack % and stat %.

That's and intended effect that has been like that ever since to balance the buffs that the Haku Blessing Buff originally had.
    RadiantSight
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited April 2018
    JapanFox wrote: »

That's and intended effect that has been like that ever since to balance the buffs that the Haku Blessing Buff originally had.

I see. I hoped at least they could benefit from the boss damage%. Kanna really needs +30% to +50% more final damage passively to make up for that Haku nerf that was self cast before.
  • JapanFoxJapanFox
    edited May 2018
    bumping thread. Still waiting for things to happen!
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited May 2018
    While they're at it, can they make it so that haku's fan can work with % IED lines and % Boss Damage Lines? Kannas lose out on easy ied and boss damage. and some have to sacrifice %mATT lines on our emblem/main weapon because of it. Haku is more or less Kanna's secondary item. So he should be able to use % IED/Boss Damage
  • JapanFoxJapanFox
    edited May 2018
    While they're at it, can they make it so that haku's fan can work with % IED lines and % Boss Damage Lines? Kannas lose out on easy ied and boss damage. and some have to sacrifice %mATT lines on our emblem/main weapon because of it. Haku is more or less Kanna's secondary item. So he should be able to use % IED/Boss Damage

Eventho, i see why you would want this change, i don't think that solves the problem or is really needed. In terms of the IED, the Haku buff already provides some IED, which was never really the problem of Kanna. Additionaly instead of changing the way the fans work i am sure it would be easier to get back the %matt effect for Kanna as a self-buff, which has been in game at some point so not even any new code or something would be needed.
    But well every change is appreachiated to revive Kannas damage.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited May 2018

Eventho, i see why you would want this change, i don't think that solves the problem or is really needed. In terms of the IED, the Haku buff already provides some IED, which was never really the problem of Kanna. Additionaly instead of changing the way the fans work i am sure it would be easier to get back the %matt effect for Kanna as a self-buff, which has been in game at some point so not even any new code or something would be needed.

Even then for myself, personally right now. I have 84% clean ied and with Haku's ied buff I go up to 91% which is "optimal." (I have level 2 Lumi Link) Like the only other options for Kannas to get IED is through BT legion( which wouldnt be that high of a boost) level 3 lumi link, getting high enough legion. I dunno. I just wish that option was *there* in general. Because it's annoying to roll ied or boss lines on haku's fan just for him to not be able to use it :C
  • JapanFoxJapanFox
    edited May 2018

Even then for myself, personally right now. I have 84% clean ied and with Haku's ied buff I go up to 91% which is "optimal." (I have level 2 Lumi Link) Like the only other options for Kannas to get IED is through BT legion( which wouldnt be that high of a boost) level 3 lumi link, getting high enough legion. I dunno. I just wish that option was *there* in general. Because it's annoying to roll ied or boss lines on haku's fan just for him to not be able to use it :C

Well with the crusader Cpdex, the Haku Buff, and some IED from my Emblem i end up at 95% IED which is just fine and at the same time 325% Boss Damage (including Bellflower Barrier, another option for Kannas Boss Damage), so it's not impossible to get. However i agree it's annoying to get all those lines not being of help and for beginners might be even confusing. Might be a topic for another post however to have a system that changes those stats in something usefull like int% atleast or something when equiped to Haku.
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    Reactions: 460
    The Haku Blessing nerf is insane, they really should just put it back as a solo-buff. It was never intended to be a party buff to begin with. All the skill rebalances that were given barely improves Kanna in general compared to what Haku Blessing would provide to make Kannas even on-par with the other mage classes. It's so disappointing that I come back after 3 years and notice my Kanna even unable to deal ~50% of it's past. I wouldn't see any other class with ~25m range doing only 250m damage with a near 80% critical damage. It's just way too underbalanced and destroys Kanna as a class in general besides being a mule.

Also, making the Soul Shear a passive damage buff, yet still not making it a toggle skill. Pretty sure this one has been called for a long time ago and seems like it hasn't been changed at all. Have to see red balls all over the map again and creating tons of lag for a person who doesn't have a good PC.
  • EbontribeEbontribe
    Reactions: 425
    edited May 2018

Well with the crusader Cpdex, the Haku Buff, and some IED from my Emblem i end up at 95% IED which is just fine and at the same time 325% Boss Damage (including Bellflower Barrier, another option for Kannas Boss Damage), so it's not impossible to get. However i agree it's annoying to get all those lines not being of help and for beginners might be even confusing. Might be a topic for another post however to have a system that changes those stats in something usefull like int% atleast or something when equiped to Haku.

This is an issue with every Class that one must figure out! yet you get a Kanna doing it and its 'confusing for beginners' role IED on ur weapon or ur IA if its that much an issue and theres 2 legion @6% each as well as the lumi link (20%) and Crusader Codex x4 (mu lang 15%, Leafre 30%, Silent 15%, Hoblin 15%) and the other legion bonus.........AND hyper skills.........how cant you reach 90% without Haku?

Lazy.....

She dosent need to be fixed everyone has lots of fun exploiting Kanna as a class anyways.

You exploited her M.att buff which made it so the devs had to change it.

I hope the same goes for Kishin! I'm so tired of 1k+ reddit posts stating "you need a Kanna Kishin Mule PC to level or farm you main account"
    this is what needs to be addressed by the Devs - not Haku buff so you can do more solo on reboot.

Kanna Kishin on an alternate PC for your main is botting and should be punishable!

instead your all yelling for MORE Haku M.Att Buff Exploitation saying bring it back! id use it as a solo! well too bad for all of you then because no matter what they do you Kanna's will find a way to exploit it like everything else.
  • ArgentArgent
    edited May 2018
    Ebontribe wrote: »
    snip

I can agree that there are plenty of sources of IED but the simple fact remains that Kanna has one less option than other classes some of which have innate boss and IED in their skill sets.

The rest of your post is off-topic, unnecessarily antagonistic or just nonsensical. There is no denying that the nerf from %matk to flat magic has been a major blow to the Kanna's playability. Also, discussion about kishin and spawn rates is not relevant to Haku, there are other threads where you can talk about it.

I asked Arwoo a number of weeks back if Nexon had gathered enough data to support this nerf but as I'm sure anyone can guess, nothing has been produced so far.