[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v177 Strange Stories

Comments

• Nineball86Nineball86
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    So, now none of my command skills work for Kaiser. They made it easy execute different moves, but now none of them work. Are they gone completely or am I missing something?
  • TaquionpTaquionp
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    really tied the damage the thief with their shadows, I see the difference t_t
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Niightseeker

Which three Dark Knight hypers are being replaced by Evil Eye ones?
    The Hyper Body hypers.
  • KeksKeks
    Reactions: 635
    edited October 2016
    Does Revenge of the Evil Eye's counter attack also reduce the Cooldown of Sacrifice by 0.5s?
  • WeekendBossWeekendBoss
    Reactions: 760
    edited October 2016
    B> Ghost Ship Exorcist badge replacement, 1 firstborn each.
  • GixlGixl
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited October 2016
    is there a way to turn off remote effect? or at least not show other peoples dmg lines cause it's lagging me from before and lagging me harder now that i can't turn it off
    Konari
  • MicrosoftMicrosoft
    Reactions: 755
    edited October 2016
    I was hyped for the pet loot lag fix but the lag is the same when looting...
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Microsoft
    Microsoft said:

I was hyped for the pet loot lag fix but the lag is the same when looting...
    They didn't specify that it was for pets. I Think it was another change that is only noticeable on people who loot without a pet.

And FYI pet lag is almost always accompanied by too many items on the screen (which is a symptom of the problem of mobs having too many garbage drops. Tone that down Nexon), which indicates the problem with it lies elsewhere in the code
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited October 2016
    Fishing is EXTREMELY pay-to-win.
    It takes a very long time to get any non-trash fish with ordinary bait. Worse, you can't get any of the Quest Items without special bait. You have to buy the special baits with 5 coins for 10. Daily quests only give one coin. You can see very quickly that you will run out of special bait and coins.
    Oh but that's fine, you can just buy more coins from the Cash Shop.

gee thanks, eat poop nexon.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    Ey, Michael, it would have been really nice if we got a warning about the changes to Luminous, Kaiser and Angelic Buster instead of finding out first hand that we suddenly, after 4 years, are finding our classes are extremely different. Luminous used to be one of my favorite classes and now it's just a complete stranger that I'm not comfortable with getting to know.
    DariusJQuellan
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

Ey, Michael, it would have been really nice if we got a warning about the changes to Luminous, Kaiser and Angelic Buster instead of finding out first hand that we suddenly, after 4 years, are finding our classes are extremely different. Luminous used to be one of my favorite classes and now it's just a complete stranger that I'm not comfortable with getting to know.
    This. Light Speed's range is GARBAGE, which has really reduced Lumi's mobility. I also HATE the necessity for using dark AND light skills. It's great for helping players mix it up but goodness gracious does it crush DPS in boss fights... Downvote for the unannounced Luminous changes.

leceal
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Wait, so since we got the KMS Luminous, Kaiser and Angelic Buster (though I'm not so sure what the differences KMS has from the latter two), does that now mean that we can choose sides when making a new Luminous? Also, not sure how I now have an icon when I've never had one before. Do they just randomly assign them to people? And why do I get Mihile of all people? Nothing against the class or people who play it but seriously. Eh, I'm too lazy to change it anyway.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Stallben
    Stallben said:

Also, not sure how I now have an icon when I've never had one before. Do they just randomly assign them to people? And why do I get Mihile of all people? Nothing against the class or people who play it but seriously. Eh, I'm too lazy to change it anyway.
    You mean your forum avatar? I don't think it's random. All new accounts get that particular Mihile. You can easily change it: click on your name in the top right of the screen, click on "Edit Profile" under your picture, and then click on "Choose Avatar". Unfortunately, we can only choose from a list; we can't upload our own pictures. Nor can we choose to have no avatar.
    Lilyflower
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Stallben
    Stallben said:

Also, not sure how I now have an icon when I've never had one before. Do they just randomly assign them to people? And why do I get Mihile of all people? Nothing against the class or people who play it but seriously. Eh, I'm too lazy to change it anyway.
    You mean your forum avatar? I don't think it's random. All new accounts get that particular Mihile. You can easily change it: click on your name in the top right of the screen, click on "Edit Profile" under your picture, and then click on "Choose Avatar". Unfortunately, we can only choose from a list; we can't upload our own pictures. Nor can we choose to have no avatar.
    Ah, ok, then, thanks for the info. Honestly, I didn't even know how to change it or even get one for that matter, haha. I'm still trying to get used to this whole new forum change. I was gone for a while and then when I came back, everything just hit me in the face. I have to relearn everything now.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    DariusJQuellan

Geminia
    Geminia said:

This. Light Speed's range is GARBAGE, which has really reduced Lumi's mobility. I also HATE the necessity for using dark AND light skills. It's great for helping players mix it up but goodness gracious does it crush DPS in boss fights... Downvote for the unannounced Luminous changes.

Too bad you haven't tested Luminous before already putting your opinion on the forum. The DPS during boss fights for Luminous was greatly increased since it's finaly now a KMS lumi, this is cause the time you will be in Equilibrium will be way longer. Equilibrium is the biggest factor in a Luminous DPS at bosses.

Also you can still spam light skills even in dark mode, however this reduces your damage by a lot. Luminous teleport was the best one around, with its distance and speed, with this distance adjustment its indeed mediocre now, only a little worse than the teleports of other mages.
  • KeksKeks
    Reactions: 635
    edited October 2016
    @Kthxbainao

Is it possible to get back Sengoku emblems if you accidentally drop them?
  • KaiserShadicKaiserShadic
    Reactions: 455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Wish you see this CM what happened to Kaisers? like really? Did nexon really need to change the mechanics to the way they are in KMS? This is GMS guys not an KMS copy Kaiser's GMS Mechanics were better before the newest patch and now I have to smash an insane amount of keys to have that extra 15% damage with dragon link? I would prefer that nexon rip off that 15% instead of RUINING the beautiful commands that we had before, hopefully all Kaisers get a revert
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KaiserShadic

Wish you see this CM what happened to Kaisers? like really? Did nexon really need to change the mechanics to the way they are in KMS? This is GMS guys not an KMS copy Kaiser's GMS Mechanics were better before the newest patch and now I have to smash an insane amount of keys to have that extra 15% damage with dragon link? I would prefer that nexon rip off that 15% instead of RUINING the beautiful commands that we had before, hopefully all Kaisers get a revert
    I feel like the only reason why they reverted ours (and all other versions' Tempest classes) back to KMS versions is because they are planning something. Like maybe they are planning to do some kind of revamp and they need all versions of the classes to be the same before they do them (to make it easier I guess). Either that, or they are trying to do some kind of public opinion poll on which version people like best GMS or KMS. From what I've heard, KMS players hated their version of Luminous and wanted ours. I've tried playing Kaiser and I couldn't figure out the Dragon Link commands. I've tried pressing the buttons but I have no Idea what the orange exclamation point is supposed to correspond to. And I don't know what the difference between our Angelic Buster and KMS'. I've tried playing it, but I didn't see any differences.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Stallben
    Stallben said:

I feel like the only reason why they reverted ours (and all other versions' Tempest classes) back to KMS versions is because they are planning something. Like maybe they are planning to do some kind of revamp and they need all versions of the classes to be the same before they do them (to make it easier I guess). Either that, or they are trying to do some kind of public opinion poll on which version people like best GMS or KMS. From what I've heard, KMS players hated their version of Luminous and wanted ours. I've tried playing Kaiser and I couldn't figure out the Dragon Link commands. I've tried pressing the buttons but I have no Idea what the orange exclamation point is supposed to correspond to. And I don't know what the difference between our Angelic Buster and KMS'. I've tried playing it, but I didn't see any differences.

They are "planning something".
    It's called 5th job.
    Lilyflower
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Stallben
    Stallben said:

They are "planning something".
    It's called 5th job.
    Well, yes that is true, however, I'm still not sure why that would mean they'd have to change all versions to KMS' version unless they wanted everything to be the same to make things easier to change as I've said in my earlier response. That was made under the assumption of doing something outside of 5th job, not the actual planning of 5th job itself which is why I said revamp and 5th job, while adding a few new skills and the rest are just improvements to existing skills, isn't necessarily a revamp. The much less likely latter explanation is also something I've thought about as well, but I'm sure that that isn't even the case. All in all, I'm just as confused as a lot of other people. Though I have always wanted to try KMS Luminous, so I guess this is my chance.