[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A class that doesnt need to button mash in maple?

DimitriBelsDimitriBels
Reactions: 200
edited May 2018 in General Chat
Hello everyone,

Do you think we will have a new class where you don't have to mash the ctrl button, such as a summoner, where you only need to keep your summons up and move around, cause my fingers are tired. Unless there's already some class that does that, and what is it? Which classes need to button mash the least in order? I am interested...

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited May 2018
    MS doesn't have a summoning class per se; but if you start a Resistance character, you could decide to become a bot building Mechanic.

These brilliant engineers of robotics ride in mech mounts building mechanical sentries to do their dirty work. Ever automata deployed earns you a stacking damage buff. Keeping your stacks up when your robots expire will make up a lot of your gameplay; in between adding your own bursts of Gatling gunfire to the frey.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited May 2018
    demon avenger/shade/canoneer/proly many others don't need basic attack spam at all, u just hold down the key for their primary attack and away they go. very joypad friendly
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2018
    Wild hunter, hold down skill and summons
  • archertrixiearchertrixie
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2018
    Why don't you just hold down button? MapleStory doesn't need multiple button taps, just holding it would do. Else, hold your keyboard button by trapping a coin somewhere between the keys. That works for me lol

Sorry its not much of a help I believe xD
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2018
    Why don't you just hold down button? MapleStory doesn't need multiple button taps, just holding it would do. Else, hold your keyboard button by trapping a coin somewhere between the keys. That works for me lol

Technically, that's not allowed, that's considered weight-keying / macroing of sorts. It's against the ToS.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    Well Kanna has kinshin at the second or third job
    DimitriBels
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018

Some moves only work if you repeatedly tap the key (such as beast tamer's furious strikes or angelic buster's trinity)
  • DimitriBelsDimitriBels
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Well Kanna has kinshin at the second or third job

yes! a class with skill like kishin, but a lot of them, so that your summons attack for you, but people might try to afk level so make it you have to be moving for the summons to work or make them use mp or something.
  • MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2018
    Xenon. They just hold down one button and can move while attacking. But, maybe its just a matter of personal taste.
    Phantom too. Same idea, with miles aguiles.
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited May 2018
    Maybe you'll be interested in buccaneers. When you get 5th job, all you really do is jump around a map with lord the the deep active. However, this requires you to go through the painful levels of 1-200. You can try job changing, or wait for burning to come around again(which is soon i think). Bossing doesn't require button mashing either. Octopunch can be held down, but you do have to move every few seconds since lord of the deep ticks so fast that it hits the afk prevention thing very quickly.
  • MetaRaidMetaRaid
    Reactions: 860
    edited May 2018
    Shade has a simple style gameplay compared to the other Heroes.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2018
    They could just make a class that uses 1-2 summons like in dragonsaga you get 2 summons 1 magic 1 melee and you control the skills they use or let them go all out.

Maples take on summoner is...beast tamer...let that sink in for a few seconds...

The closest thing to a (true) summoner is as others stated is kanna, kenshin at 3rd job and ice yokai maiden woman...at 5th job.

I would say mechanic but they have so much going on you will be literally button mashing with them period XD