[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What Happened to Meaningful Loot While Grinding?

MisoxShiruMisoxShiru
Reactions: 510
edited May 2018 in General Chat
I miss being able to farm for Pan Lids and good loot while grinding. Do you think its a good idea to add those types of "chase" items during grinding back into the game? I feel like I would be so much more motivated to grind if I could find good/rare items while grinding.
  1. Should Maplestory Add Good Loot Back into Monster Drop Pools?7 votes
    1. Yes!
       86% (6 votes)
    2. No...
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    With the addition of Flames, items could get a really good bonus stat, so that's kinda what you are looking for, but it's not the same as O wow, i found an Arcane Weapon by grinding in Arcane River.

Now good loot comes from Insanely hard bosses, or from rng. ( Droplets )
  • MisoxShiruMisoxShiru
    edited May 2018
    With the addition of Flames, items could get a really good bonus stat, so that's kinda what you are looking for, but it's not the same as O wow, i found an Arcane Weapon by grinding in Arcane River.

Now good loot comes from Insanely hard bosses, or from rng. ( Droplets )

The problem even with droplets is that its not that "chase" item. Its not like a "oh i found a droplet and I am set!" Its a "oh I found a droplet, gotta find a ton more of these before I can get something meaningful!" Kind of like what you said about an Arcane Weapon.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    I dont agree with adding powerful items to randomly drop from mobs(like arcane umbra) , but fun equipment items would be nice (like the red whip,korean fan, differently colored umbrellas and panlids of old maple) It would be nice to have more fun equips to collect or even anvil.
    SlicedTime
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2018
    When I do monster collection in El Nath, I occasionally find some of those Cold Protection scrolls as well as those anti-slip for shoes. I don't think adding OP items into mob loot will be balanced such as Umbra.

I was thinking about Root Abyss's boxes where the items had 100% pot tier up, scroll success 100% or being indestructible to scroll failure. Maybe mobs should drop those rarely. :/
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I dont agree with adding powerful items to randomly drop from mobs(like arcane umbra) , but fun equipment items would be nice (like the red whip,korean fan, differently colored umbrellas and panlids of old maple) It would be nice to have more fun equips to collect or even anvil.

Red Whip and Korean Fan weapons still drop.

I'm unsure about panlids and umbrellas. I think umbrellas still do.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Red Whip and Korean Fan weapons still drop.

I'm unsure about panlids and umbrellas. I think umbrellas still do.

i know they still drop, I was saying more fun equips like that would be nice
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I wish cubic blades and chaos cubic blades had a higher drop rate from monsters.
  • MisoxShiruMisoxShiru
    edited May 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    When I do monster collection in El Nath, I occasionally find some of those Cold Protection scrolls as well as those anti-slip for shoes. I don't think adding OP items into mob loot will be balanced such as Umbra.

I was thinking about Root Abyss's boxes where the items had 100% pot tier up, scroll success 100% or being indestructible to scroll failure. Maybe mobs should drop those rarely. :/

If the drop rates of those powerful items are low enough I think it could be fine. But I definitely think that they could at least drop the items that you were talking about. Just like valuable items that people would be very excited for even if they only got like 1 of them to drop.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2018
    Yes they should add not necessarily super powerful gear but next inline to it, they started heading into the right direction with japanese gear (lvl150 crafted gear set)
    and pensilar gear and then they just stopped...and put in the boss loot only gear that takes months to grind for and is by all rights the worst way to do a gear progression in a game EVER! cause you literally limit the entrances to a boss to 1 bloody time a day AND its RNG based on if you get the drops or not...