[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sudden influx of hackers

PawblePawble
Reactions: 405
edited May 2018 in General Chat
While trying to train in Sleepywood in Broa/Khaini, I noticed there was a sudden increase in hackers/botters taking over pretty much every channel.
I couldn't find a free map in Silent Swamp in all 20 channels and after moving to Humid Swamp, it felt like I was being chased by them, finding an open channel only to have it get taken over by a hacker barely 2 minutes into killing Drakes.

Sorry if my formatting is poor, I don't normally post on forums and I don't know where to even put this besides maybe submitting a ticket.
Hopefully I can correctly get an image up. The hacker is on the top right of the screen.

[Removed]

Comments

• Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited May 2018
    Pawble wrote: »
    While trying to train in Sleepywood in Broa/Khaini, I noticed there was a sudden increase in hackers/botters taking over pretty much every channel.
    I couldn't find a free map in Silent Swamp in all 20 channels and after moving to Humid Swamp, it felt like I was being chased by them, finding an open channel only to have it get taken over by a hacker barely 2 minutes into killing Drakes.

Sorry if my formatting is poor, I don't normally post on forums and I don't know where to even put this besides maybe submitting a ticket.
    Hopefully I can correctly get an image up. The hacker is on the top right of the screen.

[Removed]

I'm sorry to hear that, exactly the same thing happened to me and from my experience, the best thing you can do is simply give up.
    Yes, I know it's hard to read that but it's really the best thing to do because hackers will never take care of.

I have already quit training, it's really useless and annoying because of hackers.
    Especially when you see a group of random people that their character (their igns were random, such as "aw3fasw4t3") lvl is barely15-18 and then the next day you see them in henesys again, all of them lvl 250..... (all of them were almost 100% naked)
    So why should I waste my time? nah I'd totally pass it -_-

Also a lot of people are talking about what you're saying right now but Nexon usually just take these kind of threads and move them to "Rants and Raves". why? of course they'd tell you that it's because you're "rant" and this is "crazy talking" and such, but we all understand that the real reason is because they're trying to hide the fact that the amount of hackers is literally insane and they don't want/can't take care of hackers.

So it's much easier to just make a section in the forum which is called "Rants and Rave" and simply move all those threads to that section instead of actually taking care of the problem.

GL.
    ManiOhcheezburger85
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Pawble wrote: »

We can't help you through the forums. Reporting through a ticket is the correct course of action.
  • tinverse2tinverse2
    Reactions: 500
    edited May 2018
    Yeah I've noticed the influx on Bera.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    Problem is that hackers are running out of hidden spots to hack due to them already being taken by other hackers. New hackers seem to have to get more bold now and move to more common areas. Feels like at this rate, there won't be a single map without them anymore. Nexon needs to do something before the game is all hackers and no one can even play anymore.
    ManiOh
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    Problem is that hackers are running out of hidden spots to hack due to them already being taken by other hackers. New hackers seem to have to get more bold now and move to more common areas. Feels like at this rate, there won't be a single map without them anymore. Nexon needs to do something before the game is all hackers and no one can even play any
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I'm sorry to hear that, exactly the same thing happened to me and from my experience, the best thing you can do is simply give up.
    Yes, I know it's hard to read that but it's really the best thing to do because hackers will never take care of.

I have already quit training, it's really useless and annoying because of hackers.
    Especially when you see a group of random people that their character (their igns were random, such as "aw3fasw4t3") lvl is barely15-18 and then the next day you see them in henesys again, all of them lvl 250..... (all of them were almost 100% naked)

Also a lot of people are talking about what you're saying right now but Nexon usually just take these kind of threads and move them to "Rants and Raves". why? of course they'd tell you that it's because you're "rant" and this is "crazy talking" and such, but we all understand that the real reason is because they're trying to hide the fact that the amount of hackers is literally insane and they don't want/can't take care of hackers.

So it's much easier to just make a section in the forum which is called "Rants and Rave" and simply move all those threads to that section instead of actually taking care of the problem.

GL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    sad truth =(
    * i been there done that, to endup geting warrning for bashing on nexon *

Moderator note: You were not warned for anything remotely close to hackers, you were warned for trying to derail the GMS flames/stars thread and spreading FUD.

If you keep derailing threads like you're doing, it'll escalate.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited May 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »

GL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    sad truth =(
    * i been there done that, to endup geting warrning for bashing on nexon *

Moderator note: You were not warned for anything remotely close to hackers, you were warned for trying to derail the GMS flames/stars thread and spreading FUD.

If you keep derailing threads like you're doing, it'll escalate.

Yeah, you're lucky though, I know someone who literally got banned for some really silly reasons, frankly, I'm scared to write it here, even though it really is silly reason. lol. I mean, I've never been in North Korea, so I don't know how it feels like but I think I kinda starting to get that feeling....
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited May 2018
    Which field maps/regions tend to be most frequented by hackers? What server are you on?
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Which field maps/regions tend to be most frequented by hackers? What server are you on?
    OP said
    here is some from luna
    mu lung almost all maps/ch
    korean folktown at bunnys can see stucked mobs at top platform all the time
    sleepywood drakes first 3 maps on right
    magiata (sahel 2 and the mini map on left )
    warriror ground fes1,3 and 4
    vanishing journey
    also lots smega spam

and

i know what i got and what was all the causes dont wory during bw false ban and huge amount of hackers on luna ranking
    when ticket dont work or dont show result people will come and complain "bashing" wanted or not

but its fine its all my fault, sorry ... =(
    i let go, hope some things changes in future good luck