[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher won't launch Maplestory

ThotRadioThotRadio
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
So my nexon launcher is hella bugged or my computer is just really stupid. I try to play maplestory and it loads, but then the button goes back to being orange. I click the button again and it gives me a notification that the Program Start has been stopped because the "Product is already in use", but its not. I checked my task manager and there was no hint of a maplestory in the background functioning. I even tried uninstalling maplestory but it doesns't appear inside the application registry so I can't uninstall if that way, and when I try to uninstall it through the launcher, it just gives me a verification loading bar and after I restart the Nexon Launcher, its still there saying "Play". I've tried:
  • Restarting my computer
  • Restarting Nexon Launcher
  • Uninstalling Maplestory
  • Uninstalling Nexon Launcer
  • Uninstalling Maplestory after Restart
  • Uninstalling Nexon Launcher after Restart
  • Pressing Window + R and going to regedit
None of these things work except for uninstalling Maplestory after restarting my computer, but after I close maplestory, it just does the same thing all over again. I don't want to constantly have to restart my computer and then uninstall maplestory and then reinstall it just to play ~1 - 2 hours or this game. Someone please give me a solution. I really want to play the god damn game.

Comments

• YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    I'm having the same problem.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    Has anyone been able to resolve this?
    It's day 3 for me and still no luck getting past the game launcher.
  • dolliepartsdollieparts
    I just downloaded and it's not working for me as well, same problem.
    Not impressed.
    Would be nice if we got some answers.
    Noticed that others are having the same problem.

• GaryJNgGaryJNg
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2018
    Same problem and it's April 26th 2018, like seriously. Nexon aren't even TRYING to fix this problem anymore.
  • VamazingVamazing
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2018
    I'm noticing this lack of logging in is occurring around the same dates.
    Is the update from this week as effective as it was supposed to be?
    Or has it created a serious error?

5/1
    Nope just an error that seems to occur every once in while.
    Is there a list somewhere of what to do when you can't login in for some reason?
    Before, you know, calling customer services.
  • laxusxlaxusx
    Reactions: 200
    im having the same problem i try everything and nothing works,its been like that for like 2 months now its really sad that nexon its not even trying to fix this.hope maplestory 2 dont have the same problem.
  • angelicdemon82angelicdemon82
    edited May 2018
    The thing that's bothering me about all this is that they disabled the ability to run gamelauncher.exe, which is what I've used for over a year to work around the launcher almost NEVER working for me. We need a real fix, please NX
  • VirteXTargeTVirteXTargeT
    I'm having the same problem.
  • ZakumwepZakumwep
    Reactions: 775
    edited May 2018
    Woke up this morning and had the exact same problem. I don't know if you tried this yet but I clicked on the drop down for my account and went to "launcher settings", then "game install/update" and used the repair install option for maplestory and it started just fine after that. Only took a minute to repair instead of 1-2 hours to reinstall the whole game
  • SKknightSKknight
    Reactions: 210
    edited May 2018
    Same problem for 2 months
  • Pariah164Pariah164
    Me too. Nothing's fixing it.
  • VamazingVamazing
    edited May 2018
  • laxusxlaxusx
    edited May 2018
    im having the same problem i try everything and nothing works,its been like that for like 2 months now its really sad that nexon its not even trying to fix this
  • Justme4lifeJustme4life
    Reactions: 310
    Zakumwep wrote: »
    Woke up this morning and had the exact same problem. I don't know if you tried this yet but I clicked on the drop down for my account and went to "launcher settings", then "game install/update" and used the repair install option for maplestory and it started just fine after that. Only took a minute to repair instead of 1-2 hours to reinstall the whole game

I tried doing this took much longer then a minute and when i hit play it says Im already in game. But task manager says nothing is running. I also tried doing what that video suggests but couldnt find maplestory anywhere so bizaare. I really dont want to have to restart my computer unistall then reinstall just to play the game
    NightRiderr
  • RestictedGamingRestictedGaming
    I'm having a similar issue.
    It won't let me play or uninstall MapleStory, it keeps telling me that the product is currently in use
  • PloopypantsPloopypants
    Does anyone hv any idea to start the game??? ive been pressing play so many times and this pops up:
    [img][/img][img][/img]Capture.PNG
  • KazikumuikiaKazikumuikia
    Has anyone found a solution? I've been struggling just trying to get the launcher work. Now that i got that fix. Every time I press play it says i'm in the game, then it changes back to saying play. Like wth!
  • YettiiGamingYettiiGaming
    Still not solved :(
  • cowmancoolmocowmancoolmo
    I've tried everything I could find, but my game still will not start :/