[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Which Server should I begin on?

InuNoTaishoInuNoTaisho
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
Hello,

I'm not really certain which server would be easiest for a beginner to play on? I have seen that there are two types- the regular servers and "Reboot" servers. I do like to grind for my gear, but I also hear that Reboot servers have no economy and that getting pets essential to gameplay is hard. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me choose which type of server is best for me (I tried to research this myself...but youtube is coming up strangely empty, and I don't want to rely on sources from 2 years ago...)

Thank you <3

Comments

• YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    Since they got rid of free market, reboot isn't as different now as it originally was.
    Honestly it's up to you, but I tend to play on the servers that are the most busy (Bera is my go-to now, since most others are dead.) just so there are people around to talk to, lots of guilds, etc.
    Yumiki
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Since they got rid of free market, reboot isn't as different now as it originally was.
    Honestly it's up to you, but I tend to play on the servers that are the most busy (Bera is my go-to now, since most others are dead.) just so there are people around to talk to, lots of guilds, etc.

uhh they didnt get rid of selling gear in reg servers, they just removed the FM, which was already eclipesed by the AH which was far better for those that didnt want to spend NX (and in general) or for people that didnt want / need to exploit a shop merchant to be used as a glorified item display case.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited May 2018
    Pro's To Reboot:
    No P2W content (Unless you consider pets p2w)
    Promotes Party Play
    Fast Leveling
    Fashion Story is best Story

Pro/Con
    Major Time sink
    Very Active World

Cons
    Mobs have Higher Hp
    Grindier than Regular Servers
    Left out of some events due to Reboots Restrictions
    Zero Can't be created
    Higher Priced Coin Shops
    Permanent pets only in Pet Gachapon
    Trading Restricted

Pro's to Normal Server
    Trading
    Access to all events
    Lower Priced Coin Shops
    Easier access to damage
    Surprise Style Box Permanent Cash Equips are much more accessible
    Selection of Cash Items and access to permanent cash items that reboot doesn't have

Pro/Con
    Dead worlds
    Marvel Machine

Cons
    P2W
    Bonus potential is only in the cash shop

Both servers are beginner friendly.

If you don't mind throwing some dosh at the game and would prefer an economy + trading, I highly recommend regular servers. If you'd prefer no p2w content whatsoever and don't mind the Restrictions go with Reboot.

If both sound appealing go with both! I currently Multi-World Scania and Reboot :).

If you check on youtube, there's also quite a bit of videos comparing Regular Servers and Reboot Servers.

No matter which world you choose, welcome to Maplestory!
    Yumiki