[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disabled Controller Support?

kapip108kapip108
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
jh3yes

how can i get the game to manually detect my controller now?? i wish to use the native controller support while trying to level my legion characters.. is this temporary? or is joypad support completely eliminated now?

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited May 2018
    The Controller support wasn't removed, if you have the controller plugged in before you start the client you should still be able to use the native controller support.

If the controller isn't being detected by the game, check to make sure your drivers are up to date. If updating your drivers and having the controller plugged in before the client is started doesn't work, I'd advise submitting a detailed bug report.

Quickly checked with my Scuf controller (Xbox One Controller), it's still working.
    kapip108
  • kapip108kapip108
    edited May 2018
    God bless! it works as long as i have it plugged in or active(if using a wireless) before launching the game. Thanks a bunch !
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Is it supposed to nuke your keybinds every time you load up the game?

(also why I gotta restart the game if I decide I wanna start using a controller)
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited May 2018
    The game checking for controllers causes a brief lag and it check like every 5 seconds before it was completely removed (http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/18300/periodic-lag-spikes-from-some-usb-devices).

It was probably easier (or the only choice at the time without breaking many other stuff by recoding it to check less frequently or on demand (though people would still complain about the lag if it was less frequent)) to remove checking for controller while in game.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    The game checking for controllers causes a brief lag and it check like every 5 seconds before it was completely removed (http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/18300/periodic-lag-spikes-from-some-usb-devices).

It was probably easier (or the only choice at the time without breaking many other stuff by recoding it to check less frequently or on demand (though people would still complain about the lag if it was less frequent)) to remove checking for controller while in game.

While this is probably true, it would still be nicer, for the future, if a "detect controller" button were added to the "joypad settings" window. The player would press this button after connecting a controller, to enable them to use it without restarting the client.
  • RasklerRaskler
    Reactions: 420
    edited May 2018
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Is it supposed to nuke your keybinds every time you load up the game?

(also why I gotta restart the game if I decide I wanna start using a controller)

I have this issue aswell it's really annoying. I liek to leave my computer on overnight wearing exp pendant, BUT i have to plug out my controller due to my cats lol they love wires, and upon plugging controller back into pc in the morning all keybinds are rip. Not really complaining since this is specific to me but I just thought it was funny xD
  • kapip108kapip108
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, the reason i assumed it wasn't working in the first place was because i use a wireless xbox one controller. Which isn't a big deal for me. I ordered an Xbox One wired version , and that works flawlessly.