[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

FIX YOUR BAD GRAPHICS AND BUGS!!!

BlueIndigoBlueIndigo
Reactions: 730
edited May 2018 in Rants and Raves
. How many years have I waited? 10 years 20? I cant keep waiting. FIx your graphics now and stop adding fuel to the fire. I cant play this garbage on my 4k pc and before you come to me and say " no, mapelstory has beautifull lovely graphics that look like roses" you are playing on a crap computer that is from the 1980s so the game looks like gold on your screen but not on mine. On my screen everything is so bland of color and lack of vibrancy. I have to squint to see clearly and it ruins my eyesight. Go fix your game and stop adding content. THere are empty holes in your game that has to be stitched up before you keep on sewing on more things. THe whole structure of your game is not strong and therefore there are always bug and lag issues. Stop procrasting and start fixing issues. The longer you dont resolve graphical issues and add more content, the more distorted your games become. New players dont join because its mostly the veteran players who've played since 2004. Someone new would be discouraged to play because the graphics are simply terrible and the game is mostly designed for people who have extensive knowledge of maplestory. Most importantly content is mostly produced for classes at late levels. I reported a bug half a year ago and it has never been solved. Make the early game leveling of the game more appealing because everything looks so dirty and old like KERning city subyways and the sewers. Garbage game I spent 1000s of dollars on. I rather drink maple syrup all day long then stare at these goddamn maple trees on my screen.

Comments

• BlueIndigoBlueIndigo
    edited May 2018
    I will not move on from this game. Dont tell me to move on and not play. I will fight to fix this issue .This game is for me not for you.
  • BlueIndigoBlueIndigo
    edited May 2018
    I dont care that this game is old. Whether its old or not you should not come up with an excuse that the game is old so they cant fix it. No thats not how it works. Its like building the framework of a house that is sloppy and you keep building on. You cant say just because it already has alot of problems that you cant fix it. You either stop building or start over all over again. No excuses for coding bad and not meeting graphical demands. I can code better if nexon hired. I am right. You are wrong no matter how much you want to convice me.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    dont know why you keep bumping your thread, who are you arguing with?
    nihiri
  • BlueIndigoBlueIndigo
    edited May 2018
    Arguing with people in the future who plan on writing a comment I will disagree on so that they wont type anything about it that I dont want to agree with.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    giphy.gif
    foussiremixCatoooloooUserRedVinsaneLilyflowernihiriCuteFoxMisterPENGUIN
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2018
    The monitor settings you choose may not be suitable you go to your graphics settings and reduce your resolution to a lower number. I got a gaming laptop with a 2k 17" display and Maplestory looks awfully small when windowed so I play in Fullscreen. I recently bought a new 24" 1920x1080 monitor from ASUS and Maplestory looks fine in Windowed mode and fullscreen.

I agree that new areas looks beautiful while old places could use a graphics reworked. I remembered Henesy's makeover. The bug patching shouldn't become a higher priority over updates as updates sometimes come with a major fix that have been talked about for years such as pet loot lag. New content sometimes gets nifty additions such as merging Arcane symbols at once in the next update or so, as well as other improved features.
  • Disco3Disco3
    Reactions: 530
    edited May 2018
    You already posted this **** on reddit, it's not happening and Nexon NA has no control over it anyway.

I'd tell you to learn Korean and beg Nexon on the KMS forums, but they wouldn't give a **** over there either.
    nihiri
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Sweetie but i have to spill the tea now.
    The game doesn't need better graphics, the sprites need to be renewed a bit but thats it.
    The current graphics give the game a charm that no other games have.
    Also about the bland colours.
    Change the resolution, you can change the colour intensity, did you look into the eclipse last year without glasses.

Tea over
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited May 2018

This is true, if your'e playing maple story then the way it looks is part of the reasons you play it or its at least found appealing
    foussiremix
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited May 2018
    Don't like it? Don't play the game. It's that simple. We don't care about your hissy fit. ALSO
    BlueIndigo wrote: »
    I can code better if nexon hired. I am right. You are wrong no matter how much you want to convice me.

then make your damn game. we don't want your piss poor attitude in our community .
    PhantomMasterThief
  • BlueIndigoBlueIndigo
    edited May 2018
    The game doesn't need better graphics, the sprites need to be renewed a bit but thats it.
    Also about the bland colours.
    Change the resolution, you can change the colour intensity, did you look into the eclipse last year without glasses.

Tea over

Yeah because you are probably playing on a windows xp laptop and you are adjusted to those low texture grainy colors so you think poop looks like gold . I have gtx 1080ti and the color intensity/vibrancy is extreme on my screen. Im not making no changes to my computer to accodomate maplestory's graphical issues. Im not obligated to fix this and downgrade my resolution to 1024x768 nor am I going to go windowed and have a tiny inch of my screen visible. Im definitely sure nexon has plenty of money to make changes. Many other games out there do make huge invesments to start from scratch again and fix major issues. Nexon's not going to lose any money. I know their capabalities. Its not about being hard to do. They are just lazy and keep procrasting or are simply greedy. They know they cant attract new players again so they have the mindset that theyll just make more excuses and say that its too hard to fix so theyll only keep on focusing on whats good for them like making new content., but as a I said its only the old players who are familiar with maplestory that theyll keep on playing. Content is only produced and mostly fixed for higher level caps. There are plenty of bugs and quests that are outdated but those are low level so they dont care about it. They know some players just power level and skip all the fun early leveling. Dont rationale with me that the graphics are beautifull because they are clearly not especially with some parts of the game visible only in 800x600 resolution. Maplestory is dying because of these reasons and you cant deny that. You are playing with the same people your age from 2005-2006.

SlicedTime
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited May 2018
    Just because this game isn't BOTW doesn't mean that this game's graphics are trash.
    nihiri
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited May 2018
    I kinda agree with the OP, Maple's resolution options are severely out of date. There is still no proper desktop resolution options, and going fullscreen on a full HD screen stretches the viewport in a disgusting way. Additionally, the load and launch times are terrible, and the game is terribly optimized. Maple's engine is some 15 years old now, so I think it's time that Nexon did some severe under-the-hood changes, as Blizzard did with WoW.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited May 2018
    Hey everyone,we should ALL STOP what were doing and listen to this one little millennial making BIG demands behind his computer screen because he is mad about the games graphics.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018
    This thread has mostly been bashing on the creator since it started. I'm closing it before it grows further out of hand.

An idea you don't like is no excuse for attacking others.
    Vinsanenihiri
This discussion has been closed.