[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Whatever

MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
Reactions: 1,190
edited May 2018 in Rants and Raves
Sensitivity is undervalued. Did not intend to participate in the event anyway. ijs

Comments

• UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited May 2018
    By that logic Corsair and Jett shouldn't exist.
    Don't be a wuss, it's just a gun.
  • MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
    edited May 2018
    UserRed wrote: »
    By that logic Corsair and Jett shouldn't exist.
    Don't be a wuss, it's just a gun.

Ah, so the concept of feeling empathy for others traumatized by 44 school shootings makes me a wuss. If so, i'll wear the title proudly.

The fact that you made a comment like that tells me you have no clue. Sadly, there is always a troll waiting in the shadows. Boy Bye
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2018
    I'm no spokesman for Nexon but c'mon, don't make this a political thing. Video games should have no correlation to real life events, except for outliers that do in fact imitate television/movies or video game situations.

But also, why use school shootings to protest the event, when there's gun related violence in places like Chicago daily.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
    edited May 2018
    I'm no spokesman for Nexon but c'mon, don't make this a political thing. Video games should have no correlation to real life events, except for outliers that do in fact imitate television/movies or video game situations.

What the heck do crazed gunmen running around killing students in schools have to do with politics? sheesh

My point is that imo this particular event being run at this time is a bit insensitive. No worries, though. I'm not asking, nor do I need, any other player to agree. I'm simply making a plea to Nexon. Thanks for stopping by.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited May 2018
    I live in the U.S. and have been playing maple off and on since 2005.

Now I know Nexon/Wizet/MapleStory is based in Korea, but I would think that news of happenings in the U.S. reaches you there.

On the off chance that no one on your development teams is aware of real life events happening in the U.S. right now, please note this statistic from https://everytownresearch.org/gunfire-in-school/ regarding Gunfire on School Grounds in the United States:

"There have been at least 44 incidents of gunfire on school grounds in 2018"

Forty-four incidents..... and it is only May. Students are being killed, and those that survive are traumatized.

In light of that, I must say I was horrified to see the newest 'event' in MapleStory, 'The High Noon Gunslinger Event' http://nxcache.nexon.net/cms/2018/2033/ggsdasdfege.gif

I know the Maple of today doesn't have as many young players as it used to have, but there are still some. Please reconsider running this event.

(post removed)

Moderator Note: Threatening other users (even with fantasy violence) is against the forum ToS.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    You know what i can see why you would feel like this, so there's an easy solution, Just dont play the event no ones forcing it on you.

i guess if i lived in the us i would also feel bad, but as bad to not have this sort of thing ? no.. not really.

Also FYI the event was announced back in the Update Preview in May 2nd, so this shouldn't come as a surprise or a event that was announced 1-day before it began.

Link, scroll all the way down
  • AcuteMapleSicknessAcuteMapleSickness
    Reactions: 300
    I think you got it wrong. This event is not about shooting people.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    what's next, should all Corsairs and Jetts be removed from the game because their main weapon is gun? should all gun classes be removed from maple? should all FPS games be censored in the US because crazed gunmen exist?

this event has nothing to do with those terrible incidents, this game has nothing to do with those terrible incidents and neither even resemble anything similar to them. Besides that, this event has been planned to run since the beginning of this month. this event does not have you running through shinshoo academy or any school setting and having a gunfight, and it does not have you running through a random setting having gun fights either, it's a take on spaghetti westerns.

if you want to stay out of the event that's fine, but there's no reason to remove it and stop others from participating.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited May 2018
    I think you got it wrong. This event is not about shooting people.

well i got not 1 but 2 warnings for my apparent threatening fantasy violence, i was joshing and just being descriptive of my actions i would take if our characters are pitted against each other in the gunslinger event but more to the point here is a quote from the event from the maplestory web site itself:

"In the event map, each player becomes a gunslinger located on a platform. During the round, you can make one move to a nearby platform. You also select one platform to shoot at and destroy. You have 10 seconds to make your selections. Once all players have made their selections, the shots are fired in order of player input. If your platform is destroyed, you will fall to the platform below, or if no platform exists, FALL TO YOUR DOOM. The goal is to be the last player standing at the end of all the rounds! Earn points based on your skill, and collect special rewards. You can enter the mini-game 20 times per day UTC."

so i guess it is ok to cause them to fall to their death by shooting the platforms beneath their feets but then again maybe i don't understand what "falling to your doom" is? i hate hypocrisy, and not once did i threaten fantasy violence just CAREFULLY implied it, there is an enormous difference. I was trying to be offensive as her posting about her sensitivity to cartoon violence rather offended me, i get upset when people take games way too seriously, this is not GTA people... so i got my just rewards i guess =(
  • VirtualalityVirtualality
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2018
    so basically because you got triggered at something that doesnt even directly affect you. other people cant enjoy the event? lol ye ok
  • SteamedHamsSteamedHams
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2018
    lmao if u dont like it then dont play the game