[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.217 Sengoku Returns: Asura War Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Those for a merge instead of another world transfer event, are only thinking short term. The mid-long term effects are worse than now as any merge would be irreversible should it not work out, which it won't.
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 18
    Member
    Me persoanlly I think is a good idea. It seems like brea's increased population really made players enjoy the game more.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,085
    Posts: 374
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Why does it bother you so much if a few people who would rather play in a low-population world, get to do so?

    Because you'll make a thread about how unfair it is that you can't play bingo due to low participation and demand nexon NA to fix it asap. Face it, all of our stuff is recycled from KMS which makes its content on the assumption that there is at least half the capacity of the server playing the game. The problem with people wanting low population servers is that there is simply not enough players in our region to go around. You and dark passenger et al. expect low population servers to be stable when it'll just be dead as a dodo.
    Acgnolia
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    DSpellGuy wrote: »
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    messing with him? we're engaging in discourse since it is a prevalent and recurring issue. without debate on a topic, solutions cant be found. and %s do matter since that's the basis of their argument, when the reality of it is that for and against are about equal.


    No forum rules are being broken, so exactly what is the issue in responding to Gomen?
    Why not just advocate for another world transfer, and just go to Bera instead of forcing us to move to one overpopulated, bot infested server with no option to ever return to any other server.

    He's right, merge everything into Bera now! I think to have only 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot is a very good idea.
    I hope nexon would actually listen to the majority and do that though.

    well here's an issue that many didn't bring up - when you say "merge" into one world - do you mean an alliance sorta thing like we have or actually break it down all into just two servers - Bera "aka, P2W" and Reboot "aka not P2W" ?? If just two servers, then what do you expect for character slot counts? I've over 10 on each world in the MYBCKN alliance with the exception to Nova as I played on those worlds before the alliance. If I cannot keep all my characters, their stuffz and the likes, then I'm fully against a 2 server set up.

    As for the argument about leaving Scania to Bera - did you [all] consider that half that population actually went to REBOOT? That many left the p2w servers to go to a state where there was more challenge and effort to put into getting good gear, etc?

    I'm fine with more alliances to help up the populace, but as I pointed out earlier - the content and rewards are what many look at when it comes to participating. You want to PQ? that's great, the question is does anyone else want to as well? Not just "is there even anyone around to try" - Ever since Nexon changed the level requirements for most of the PQ's but not the rewards, the only one that's somewhat worth doing is R/J due to exp rates.....that's really it.

    I think most people who want to merge, would like an opportunity to try to pq, but more importantly, it would be nice if there was just people around who weren't meso advertisers. The only reason anyone would want to stay in khaini, is maybe they have some sort of weird appreciation of meso advertisers and interested in using their service. I wouldn't mind the meso advertisers if there were real people to actually interact with.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Those for a merge instead of another world transfer event, are only thinking short term. The mid-long term effects are worse than now as any merge would be irreversible should it not work out, which it won't.

    Whatever these consequences are, they are probably far better than leaving people in dead worlds as they are now. If there is a wolrd transfer, or nexon gives us the ability to jump from world to world without problem great, but if it comes to merge, I would choose the negatives of a crowded word like bera, then the benefits of a dead world like khaini
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 1,995
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Those for a merge instead of another world transfer event, are only thinking short term. The mid-long term effects are worse than now as any merge would be irreversible should it not work out, which it won't.

    What won't work exactly? The mid-long term effect of having another transfer is far worse than a much needed merge. Quit pretending to be the wise doomsayer who 'warned' us about a false apocalypse.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    pepe wrote: »
    Those for a merge instead of another world transfer event, are only thinking short term. The mid-long term effects are worse than now as any merge would be irreversible should it not work out, which it won't.

    What won't work exactly? The mid-long term effect of having another transfer is far worse than a much needed merge. Quit pretending to be the wise doomsayer who 'warned' us about a false apocalypse.

    now that you mention, the most recent transfer ended disastrously, one of the reasons these threads are becoming more popular, and its unlikely nexon will ever let us freely jump from world to world freely whenever we please
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    The best solution to this is just another world transfer with an extended time period so people can have more time to participate, I'm against a merge for the simple reason that it cuts out any option of not participating. I shouldn't have to be forced to move just because others want to, middle ground is giving those that do the option to moving to Bera or wherever they please. Another reason is, if the merge turns out for the worse, there would be no reversing it.

    We cannot compare GMS to KMS, even if GMS gets the same updates and certain content, the differentials are the playerbase. GMS playerbase is nothing like KMS playerbase.

    Pepe, it would be the same, once youre in the world you want to be in, why would you care about the other servers? It seems that the people that want the merge are just those that missed the last transfer event.

    After the world transfer event, in the world I play in, I have yet to come across a bot, and that trumps any need to "socialize".
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Well, the merge dont have do be all world in bera. according to the bar that show you the server population, merge 6 dead worlds like khaini and windia into one will allow at least one channel to be full. Like this, it will allow to test out how a merge will influence, and dont bug the nobles of bera.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    The best solution to this is just another world transfer with an extended time period so people can have more time to participate, I'm against a merge for the simple reason that it cuts out any option of not participating. I shouldn't have to be forced to move just because others want to, middle ground is giving those that do the option to moving to Bera or wherever they please. Another reason is, if the merge turns out for the worse, there would be no reversing it.

    We cannot compare GMS to KMS, even if GMS gets the same updates and certain content, the differentials are the playerbase. GMS playerbase is nothing like KMS playerbase.

    Pepe, it would be the same, once youre in the world you want to be in, why would you care about the other servers? It seems that the people that want the merge are just those that missed the last transfer event.

    After the world transfer event, in the world I play in, I have yet to come across a bot, and that trumps any need to "socialize".

    and what if they miss that event, gotta wait next year i guess. and why is kms so much different from gms. I guess people here in khaini only like to read what meso advertisers have to type (sometimes they use megaphone too) and in kms they prefer to play a game that isnt solo?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    The best solution to this is just another world transfer with an extended time period so people can have more time to participate, I'm against a merge for the simple reason that it cuts out any option of not participating. I shouldn't have to be forced to move just because others want to, middle ground is giving those that do the option to moving to Bera or wherever they please. Another reason is, if the merge turns out for the worse, there would be no reversing it.

    We cannot compare GMS to KMS, even if GMS gets the same updates and certain content, the differentials are the playerbase. GMS playerbase is nothing like KMS playerbase.

    Pepe, it would be the same, once youre in the world you want to be in, why would you care about the other servers? It seems that the people that want the merge are just those that missed the last transfer event.

    After the world transfer event, in the world I play in, I have yet to come across a bot, and that trumps any need to "socialize".

    and what if they miss that event, gotta wait next year i guess. and why is kms so much different from gms. I guess people here in khaini only like to read what meso advertisers have to type (sometimes they use megaphone too) and in kms they prefer to play a game that isnt solo?

    Nexon announces weeks in advance before they have events. Is that a serious attempt in distinguishing the differences in playerbase? or are you trying to be witty to discredit the fact there are actual differences between Global players and Korean players. Because for one, the fact KMS is region locked is why they can do things the way they do things.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    The best solution to this is just another world transfer with an extended time period so people can have more time to participate, I'm against a merge for the simple reason that it cuts out any option of not participating. I shouldn't have to be forced to move just because others want to, middle ground is giving those that do the option to moving to Bera or wherever they please. Another reason is, if the merge turns out for the worse, there would be no reversing it.

    We cannot compare GMS to KMS, even if GMS gets the same updates and certain content, the differentials are the playerbase. GMS playerbase is nothing like KMS playerbase.

    Pepe, it would be the same, once youre in the world you want to be in, why would you care about the other servers? It seems that the people that want the merge are just those that missed the last transfer event.

    After the world transfer event, in the world I play in, I have yet to come across a bot, and that trumps any need to "socialize".

    and what if they miss that event, gotta wait next year i guess. and why is kms so much different from gms. I guess people here in khaini only like to read what meso advertisers have to type (sometimes they use megaphone too) and in kms they prefer to play a game that isnt solo?

    Nexon announces weeks in advance before they have events. Is that a serious attempt in distinguishing the differences in playerbase? or are you trying to be witty to discredit the fact there are actual differences between Global players and Korean players. Because for one, the fact KMS is region locked is why they can do things the way they do things.

    Are we going to pretend, that nobody missed the last world transfer event or its not a possibility. Its one of the main reasons this thread was probably created and a contributor to the population problem now. If transfers were permanently available rather than being accessible only during a certain time period we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

    As for KMS, tell me what is it about Koreans that make them prefer playing in servers that aren't dead, and what is it about GMS players that make them prefer dead worlds, if that is what you are trying to tell us.
  • aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Just got an idea. And if we will do like in dragonball? a tournament between all the worlds with low population, except that instead to erase all the defeated worlds, the new merged world will be named after the winners (in addition to insane prizes, of course :)). First, they will be preliminaries inside the worlds to choose the strongest 6 players. after that, the peoples that not in will be able to do quests that will give buffs and goodies to their fighters in the tournament. the tournament will be a pvp party fight. No potions or external use items allowed.Each party will begin on her own map. The map will have some portals,and hiding place for sneak attacks. and of course, the tournament will be live streaming. what do you think?
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    The best solution to this is just another world transfer with an extended time period so people can have more time to participate, I'm against a merge for the simple reason that it cuts out any option of not participating. I shouldn't have to be forced to move just because others want to, middle ground is giving those that do the option to moving to Bera or wherever they please. Another reason is, if the merge turns out for the worse, there would be no reversing it.

    We cannot compare GMS to KMS, even if GMS gets the same updates and certain content, the differentials are the playerbase. GMS playerbase is nothing like KMS playerbase.

    Pepe, it would be the same, once youre in the world you want to be in, why would you care about the other servers? It seems that the people that want the merge are just those that missed the last transfer event.

    After the world transfer event, in the world I play in, I have yet to come across a bot, and that trumps any need to "socialize".

    and what if they miss that event, gotta wait next year i guess. and why is kms so much different from gms. I guess people here in khaini only like to read what meso advertisers have to type (sometimes they use megaphone too) and in kms they prefer to play a game that isnt solo?

    Nexon announces weeks in advance before they have events. Is that a serious attempt in distinguishing the differences in playerbase? or are you trying to be witty to discredit the fact there are actual differences between Global players and Korean players. Because for one, the fact KMS is region locked is why they can do things the way they do things.

    Are we going to pretend, that nobody missed the last world transfer event or its not a possibility. Its one of the main reasons this thread was probably created and a contributor to the population problem now. If transfers were permanently available rather than being accessible only during a certain time period we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

    As for KMS, tell me what is it about Koreans that make them prefer playing in servers that aren't dead, and what is it about GMS players that make them prefer dead worlds, if that is what you are trying to tell us.

    Of course you're right.
    DarkPassenger is probably 1 of a very very just few people who doesn't want to merge all the worlds into Bera (except Reboot, so we'd end up with 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot).
    aroaror wrote: »
    Well, the merge dont have do be all world in bera. according to the bar that show you the server population, merge 6 dead worlds like khaini and windia into one will allow at least one channel to be full. Like this, it will allow to test out how a merge will influence, and dont bug the nobles of bera.

    Wrong, why?
    Because there are a LOT! of botters, just try and go to Bera, go to henesys, now if you only leave Henesys (of Bera) you will rarely run into legit players.... and YET it show on the bar that Bera is very very active, how come? because of the crazy amount of botters that we have.... it's really really simple logic.

    Unfortunately a lot of people are not aware of this....
    pepe wrote: »
    Those for a merge instead of another world transfer event, are only thinking short term. The mid-long term effects are worse than now as any merge would be irreversible should it not work out, which it won't.

    What won't work exactly? The mid-long term effect of having another transfer is far worse than a much needed merge. Quit pretending to be the wise doomsayer who 'warned' us about a false apocalypse.

    This is exactly what I thought, literally the overwhelming majority of maplers would love to have all the worlds (except reboot of course) merged into Bera!

    And as they say.....
    Let the merge begin!
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Why does it bother you so much if a few people who would rather play in a low-population world, get to do so?

    Because you'll make a thread about how unfair it is that you can't play bingo due to low participation and demand nexon NA to fix it asap. Face it, all of our stuff is recycled from KMS which makes its content on the assumption that there is at least half the capacity of the server playing the game. The problem with people wanting low population servers is that there is simply not enough players in our region to go around. You and dark passenger et al. expect low population servers to be stable when it'll just be dead as a dodo.

    You're absolutely right!
    This is what we've been trying to tell him, but he just won't accept this fact and reality for some reason.
    Also the majority of maplers wants 1 Big World (except Reboot, so basically just merge all the worlds into Bera, except Reboot, and we're good)!
    jujuko12 wrote: »
    Me persoanlly I think is a good idea. It seems like brea's increased population really made players enjoy the game more.

    Take a look at the bar of Bera and look how all the channels are full, right?
    Now go to Henesys of Bera, take a look around henesys market, park, etc.
    Now go outside of henesys.... you will rarely run into legit players.... (if at all)
    The point is, there is just a crazy amount of hackers and botters, that's why we must get rid of them and after that, merge all the worlds (except Reboot) into Bera, and since we got rid of at least most of hackers, we'll have a LOT of free maps and channels!

    Conclusion = 9(% of maplers are happy! :) (why 99% and not 100%? because there are always those people who wanna be in a dead server, but I'm sorry, the majority of maplers doesn't have to suffer because of them)

    Thank you and have a lovely day :)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    1. I wouldn't make a thread about not having anyone to play Bingo with, I prefer not running into bots while I train my characters. As I stated, botless server > someone to play bingo with, as you chose to use bingo as an example for me to complain about in the future. None of my thread posts even relate to population.

    2. As bot infested as Bera is now, it'll be worse if the entire GMS playerbase minus reboot players, are in one server, more active players attracts more bots. (As dead as some servers may be, there are still people in those servers that still buy mesos/nx illegally, that's why bots still spam their sites.)

    3. "as for KMS what is it about Koreans that makes them not want to play in dead servers..." was your response? This is beyond them not wanting to play in dead servers. That's the mistake youre making, focused on that point about dead servers and populated servers. They may seem more active because theyre most if not all from the same location, what if your servers are dead simply because when youre awake other players are asleep, as it is Global play. (Europe and U.S) etc..


    4. Have you guys taken into consideration the players that are affected by latency issues, and a higher population would make it worse. I don't have this issue, but there are those that do.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    3. "as for KMS what is it about Koreans that makes them not want to play in dead servers..." was your response? This is beyond them not wanting to play in dead servers. That's the mistake youre making, focused on that point about dead servers and populated servers. They may seem more active because theyre most if not all from the same location, what if your servers are dead simply because when youre awake other players are asleep, as it is Global play. (Europe and U.S) etc..

    Well, guys khaini isnt dead at all, all of us are just playing at the wrong time. We just got to change our sleep habits, and maplestory will feel like what it was back in the good old days. I guess when i felt it was populated long ago, playing at the same hours as I am now, I must have just imagined all those characters. Thank you, we can finally close all these threads.

    BTW I would rather deal with bots, people telling me to cc etc.. rather than playing in a dead server that compels me to quit the game, I would tough it out like we all did when the game was populated.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited June 2018
    1. I wouldn't make a thread about not having anyone to play Bingo with, I prefer not running into bots while I train my characters. As I stated, botless server > someone to play bingo with, as you chose to use bingo as an example for me to complain about in the future. None of my thread posts even relate to population.

    2. As bot infested as Bera is now, it'll be worse if the entire GMS playerbase minus reboot players, are in one server, more active players attracts more bots. (As dead as some servers may be, there are still people in those servers that still buy mesos/nx illegally, that's why bots still spam their sites.)

    3. "as for KMS what is it about Koreans that makes them not want to play in dead servers..." was your response? This is beyond them not wanting to play in dead servers. That's the mistake youre making, focused on that point about dead servers and populated servers. They may seem more active because theyre most if not all from the same location, what if your servers are dead simply because when youre awake other players are asleep, as it is Global play. (Europe and U.S) etc..


    4. Have you guys taken into consideration the players that are affected by latency issues, and a higher population would make it worse. I don't have this issue, but there are those that do.

    1. you say you prefer not running into bots while you train your characters, but what we say is that we're actually running away from our troubles, and this is exactly what you are doing, running away from botters won't solve the root of the problem, it'd only solve the problem, but the root of the problem (botters) is still there and messing up the entire game, economy, etc, so i say let's fix the root of the problem, which is? yes, botters! nexon might not be able to get rid of every single hacker but we all know that they can get rid of most of them at least, that's for sure, no doubt.

    2. wrong. the opposite will happen, ppl will go to train and when they see botters, they'll tell nexon about it, and since nexon will see that a LOT of ppl are having troubles with hackers, they might actually listen to us (for once) and get rid of most of the hackers (i'd say nexon can get rid of 80-90% hackers for sure, but only if they really really want to).

    3. as my brother Acgnolia said.

    4. issues? what are you talking about? do you even hear yourself? issues you say? the entire game is crying and screaming for a big merge for over 2 years, and you're now start to talk about small issues that (maybe) just a few people are sufferin? and what about the super majority of maplers? what about us?

    we all understand that we must focus on the biggest issues that the majority are suffering from, and that's the population, as a scania player, i can't even find a single person, but when i do find 1 person, he's 24/7 afk, and i always see the same (few) people around, 24/7 afk, and let's not forget the botters that spam 24/7.... (which nexon can easily start getting rid of them as well, if they just want to).
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    3. "as for KMS what is it about Koreans that makes them not want to play in dead servers..." was your response? This is beyond them not wanting to play in dead servers. That's the mistake youre making, focused on that point about dead servers and populated servers. They may seem more active because theyre most if not all from the same location, what if your servers are dead simply because when youre awake other players are asleep, as it is Global play. (Europe and U.S) etc..

    Well, guys khaini isnt dead at all, all of us are just playing at the wrong time. We just got to change our sleep habits, and maplestory will feel like what it was back in the good old days. I guess when i felt it was populated long ago, playing at the same hours as I am now, I must have just imagined all those characters. Thank you, we can finally close all these threads.

    BTW I would rather deal with bots, people telling me to cc etc.. rather than playing in a dead server that compels me to quit the game, I would tough it out like we all did when the game was populated.

    You just have to take the words right out of my mouth? -high five-
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    3. "as for KMS what is it about Koreans that makes them not want to play in dead servers..." was your response? This is beyond them not wanting to play in dead servers. That's the mistake youre making, focused on that point about dead servers and populated servers. They may seem more active because theyre most if not all from the same location, what if your servers are dead simply because when youre awake other players are asleep, as it is Global play. (Europe and U.S) etc..

    Well, guys khaini isnt dead at all, all of us are just playing at the wrong time. We just got to change our sleep habits, and maplestory will feel like what it was back in the good old days. I guess when i felt it was populated long ago, playing at the same hours as I am now, I must have just imagined all those characters. Thank you, we can finally close all these threads.

    BTW I would rather deal with bots, people telling me to cc etc.. rather than playing in a dead server that compels me to quit the game, I would tough it out like we all did when the game was populated.


    That attitude is why youre not being taken seriously, you think people want to socialize with bad attitude like that? That was a what if statement, and it may be true to some extent as Europeans play as well. I assume youre from Khaini since you mention it, just ask for a world transfer event and go to Bera. Shouldnt have missed the world transfer event. or if you chose not to go, why didn't you go to Bera?


    I'll say this again, it is easier for KMS to implement things because it will affect one geographic location, while Global will have issues because there are different countries involved.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    how is the absence of botters in the server I play in, running away from the issue, regardless of them being in that server, they already did their damage from long ago. Nexon already knows hacking is a big issue, but issues with bans have happened more than once. So it isn't so simple for them to ban as you say 80-90% of hackers. Which I don't know where you keep getting these stats from.

    So again, instead of forcing those that don't want the merge to have to move, why not ask for another world transfer and move to Bera. either an extended world transfer or be on time.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    3. "as for KMS what is it about Koreans that makes them not want to play in dead servers..." was your response? This is beyond them not wanting to play in dead servers. That's the mistake youre making, focused on that point about dead servers and populated servers. They may seem more active because theyre most if not all from the same location, what if your servers are dead simply because when youre awake other players are asleep, as it is Global play. (Europe and U.S) etc..

    Well, guys khaini isnt dead at all, all of us are just playing at the wrong time. We just got to change our sleep habits, and maplestory will feel like what it was back in the good old days. I guess when i felt it was populated long ago, playing at the same hours as I am now, I must have just imagined all those characters. Thank you, we can finally close all these threads.

    BTW I would rather deal with bots, people telling me to cc etc.. rather than playing in a dead server that compels me to quit the game, I would tough it out like we all did when the game was populated.


    I assume youre from Khaini since you mention it, just ask for a world transfer event and go to Bera. Shouldnt have missed the world transfer event. or if you chose not to go, why didn't you go to Bera?

    I missed the transfer event cause I was taking a break from the game at the time, I would of went to Bera if I could. I did ask to go to Bera through a support ticket, but unfortunately they couldn't help me, and even told me there was no plans this year to do any event. Also, if it is just an event people may still miss it. If however there is a way for nexon to allow us jump world to world freely forever, then I guess we wouldn't be discussing these issues

    And im still waiting for this specific explanation on why merge would be desirable in kms and not in gms.

    If timezone is a problem would you not want a merge to maximize the population to compensate for those who can only play when everyone else would naturally be asleep, to minimize the effect of the time where the server appears dead. Moreover, if you support the claim the servers aren't dead just appear to be at certain times, then how do you explain these threads that have been appearing about game population and world transfers
This discussion has been closed.